Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: ► OMG it’s back! - APEX 18” ARC-8 Group Buy 2016 (Round 2)

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

► OMG it’s back! - APEX 18” ARC-8 Group Buy 2016 (Round 2)

APEX 18” ARC-8 Group Buy (Round II)

OMG! The ARC-8 Group Buy is back!
    All 18” BMW fitments are offered in this deal except for a few individual finishes that are on extended backorder. With over 30 part numbers offered in this deal and totally unpredictable demand, there will certainly be some backorders. We’re doing things a bit different this round to benefit everyone.
    Instead of just picking the paint finish you would like, you now have the option to select backup finishes.

What’s so cool about that?
    Now we can automatically allocate units to fulfill your backup finish choice if they’re available and your first choice is not.

Sounds interesting. Tell me more.
    Previously, we’d call you 1-2 days after the deal ended if you have a backorder. By then we’ve already fulfilled every other available order, even if they ordered after you. By the time you confirm an alternate finish, we’re usually out of stock and you’re left waiting for new stock to come in. This new format gives you priority rights to available inventory so that if you’re one of the first to checkout, you get first dibs on availability.

What about us procrastinators?
    Don’t do that! We always recommend getting your pledge in as early as possible. The system in no way rewards watching the deal and joining late. The whole purpose of the pledge system is to allow you to join with confidence and security even within the first minute of the deal accepting payment.

How will backorders be managed?
    We have decent stock on hand, and a production run of about 3000 wheels going through machining right now. Various sizes and finishes will be arriving 600 at a time every 2 weeks starting late July. If your set is backordered, you may experience a 1-8 week delay. We’ll provide you with an ETA if you’re affected. If you can’t wait, you’re welcome to cancel your order.

We can’t calculate availability until after the deal closes. If you need wheels for a race weekend, Group Buys aren’t for you. We recommend buying them from guaranteed stock on our regular site.

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?

All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?

Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a very manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GroupBuyParts.com where you can pay, follow, and even discuss the deal’s status.

How do I participate?

Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GroupBuyParts.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?

No problem! Just contact us at expert@apexraceparts.com. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience a delay for responses.

Want to see how they look?

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

The payment phase for this deal goes live at midnight PST (7/6)! You don't want to miss out on this opportunity to save big our 18" ARC-8 wheels!

My Cars
    2011 328i Sedan E90
    do these wheels fit a 2011 328i E90 Base model?

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by oranges325 View Post
    do these wheels fit a 2011 328i E90 Base model?
    For your E90 we recommend the following fitment:

18" Staggered:
    F: 18x8.5" ET38 (Profile 1) - 235/40-18
    R: 18x9.5" ET35 (Profile 3) - 255/35-18

F: 18x9" ET30 (Profile 3) - 235/40-18
    R: 18x9.5" ET35 (Profile 3) - 255/35-18

18" Squared:
    F/R:18x8.5" ET38 (Profile 1) - 235/40-18
    F/R: 18x9" ET30 (Profile 3) - 235/40-18 or 255/35/18 (For customers looking to maximize grip. If the car is lowered, you may experience light scrubbing at full lock)

-Matt

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

45 member pledged so far! Lets keep the momentum going. Sign up today!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

Only 2 days left to participate in this Group Buy. You don't want to miss this opportunity to save big on a set of ARC-8 wheels!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    We wanted to give everyone another update of where this deal stands with only hours left until it closes. Here is a revised graph showing where everyone is currently pledged as of 7/13 @10am PST.

We currently have 14 “On Board” members. If this deal were to end right now, these would be the only members to receive wheels.

The teal bars represent the number of pledged members at each discount tier. As we can see above, most members have chosen the $200 discount as their MRD when pledging. The problem with choosing such as high discount for your MRD is that it requires more members to join before you are “On Board” and, therefore, guaranteed to receive your wheels.

Right now we have 62 members pledged to this deal. If we can get 18 more members to pledge at any discount level, this deal will unlock the maximum discount of $200 and everyone that pledged will receive that discount.

If you want to guarantee that you receive your wheels regardless of the discount reached, then choose Free Shipping for your MRD. This will make you an “On Board” member and guarantees that you will receive wheels once the deal closes. If the deal reaches a higher discount tier than you selected, your pledge will be updated to that higher discount after the deal closes.

So what can you do to help ensure this deal reaches a higher discount tier?

1. If you haven’t pledged yet, do so now!
      Don’t wait until the deal is about to close to pledge. Pledging now saves your spot on the Members List. The order on the Members List is what we use for inventory allocation, so pledging early helps ensure you get the wheels you want in the finish you want.
    2. If you pledged at a high Minimum Required Discount, convert to a lower MRD.
      Are you one of the members that pledged at a high discount? Simply reply to this email and let us know what the minimum discount amount is that you need in order to purchase. We will get your pledge changed for you. If the deal happens to reach a higher discount than you convert to, we will automatically update your pledge to the final discount amount at the close of the deal.
    3. Post a thread about this deal on a forum and include a link.
      (Threads that include a question such as asking the community for confirmation about your product selection and vehicle application always get the most responses.)
    4. Post in one of our existing threads on the forums.
      (Your post helps bump the thread and shows others there is interest and activity.)
    5. Email a friend
      (We all know someone who'd appreciate a good deal. Don't let them miss it.)
    6. Share the deal on Social Media
      (Share this deal on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media platform you use.)

Remember, this deal ends at 11:59 PM Pacific tonight (7/13). Be sure to get your pledges in before then.

-Matt