Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E36 Drift Truck V2

My Cars
    e36 m3 rip, e36 truck :D
    So,
    my input shaft flange nut came loose causing my pinion gear to back out and chew my diff....
    should be find though.

paint....

and a little splitter for protection

and more rowdy sliding madness.....

Last edited by imaiami; 07-08-2017 at 11:27 AM.

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    and to continue the cataloging of the trucks activities

and now the truck hurts......both quarters and rear end are beat... glad I already have overs lol.

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    EnriquekalOG

E36 Drift Truck V2

Hey there,I think its GREAT your doing something different, those lights outa be sikness, both of em. Although I cant QUITE envision them but i think it outa be sweet. For those of you who dont know what a Hardtop looks like. I dont know if thats the year you thought about...I would have done it with an F-150 or a or that popular dodge truck, name slips me by. I guess thats why were all different people huh ? lol Good luck man.. PS: To really hang the back end out, slam some sandbags in there Easy weight disribution.

My Cars
    some ASB goodness

a silly long vid

and some pics.

and on another note.......

I need to sell this thing

FOR SALE, 10k obo
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2361627-E36-Truck-LSX-powered-for-sale&p=29883530#post29883530
    Last edited by imaiami; 11-14-2017 at 03:20 PM.

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    So she was sold with a deposit and all. Just when the new buyer was starting to make a trek to pick her up, his headgasket on his deisel blew. So needless to say, he backed out.
    But the next weekend I had a track event and blew my trans, so it all happened for a reason I guess.

more media cataloguing.....

some in car from Desert Meihan

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    98 328is
    what fenders are those? they seem to fit the style 5s well. are you running spacers in the rear?

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    what fenders are those? they seem to fit the style 5s well. are you running spacers in the rear?
    They're Felony Form overs....Style 5 are spaced out 30mm front and rear.

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    After the s6-40 zf6 trans gated me into third some time ago, I've had quite a hiatus. I finally found what seemed like a low milage good trans. Slapped her in and whattya know, 2nd gear synchs are toast just like the first. Yay, another trans that I can't shift into second.
    Upon getting her driving she started acting weird. Seemed like fuel or spark issues. So I mechanically went over all the fuel system, verified spark to all cylinders, verified crank, cam, map, clt, so on and so forth. Pulled engine harness, ohm'd out everything, checked it all for shorts, on and on. Got a hp tuners cable from a buddy so I could log etc. Found a discrepancy in map signal at barometric pressure, so chased a fad connection and got 97kpa once again. She ran once again, but would dance around missing inconsistent to injectors. At that point I was over it. Months went by, and I finally decided to license a new eco and my tune from my tuner, and vualla. Two days away, a super fast track, two 12 hour days, and a car completely apart, Back to the track we go.
    In her down time I also changed up my wheel game since I've ruined most of my style 5's and got shorter stroke rear shocks to have more travel with my super lows in the rears. My old koni two ways were nearly on bumpstops with how low I was running, so it was kinda counterproductive.

and back to sliding after some time

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    And the last of the truck....

.html][/URL]

[URL=https://s30.photobucket.com/user/imaiami/media/e36%20truck/IMG_1533_zpskm1xyzo5.jpg.html=URL][/URL]

anddddd RIP

Last edited by imaiami; 12-11-2018 at 08:08 PM.

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Holy CRAP! Was everyone OK?! I really hope so, that looked like a few guys had really hard hits. I'm sure your necks are all feeling it...
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    Holy CRAP! Was everyone OK?! I really hope so, that looked like a few guys had really hard hits. I'm sure your necks are all feeling it...
    Luckily we were all good. Passenger had harness bruises. If not for the intrusion bars, she wouldn’t have any legs. My neck and back were sore for a week or so is all. The passenger in the e46 got whiplash pretty good, n that’s about it.

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Thankful for the safety measures, I'm sure. Any chance at some interior photos showing the intrusion bars? I assume the frame's wrecked, but will the motor be salvageable? trans/ driveline?
    Also- would you consider a HANS device in your next setup?
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I'd 100% do a hans if they weren't $1k. But yea ouch. that looks like a bad wreck.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    I'd 100% do a hans if they weren't $1k. But yea ouch. that looks like a bad wreck.
    You can get in to the cheaper ones for about $500, https://winecountrymotorsports.com/p...oducts_id=1574 I am pretty sure we are going to be required to have them next season

Damn! I saw that video basically go viral and was wondering if that was you. I heard yours and the Driftaru are getting written off, how did the Sorenson car fare? There was a whole lot of money in the back end of that thing. Glad everyone is (mostly) ok!

My Cars
    I used to think even halos were overkill, but man, shit sure does happen. Even at our little local track events, I've seen a few cars get totaled and people sent to the hospital. Hans wouldn't be a bad idea at all, that's for sure. I didn't run my 5th point just out of carelessness and comfort and now my back still hurts.

Here's the intrusion bar.. Notice the creasing at the firewall and traveling through the floorboard, that then transfers into the trans tunnel where the seat is mounted.

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    The sorenson car was back at it the next day. Broke rear weisfab, messed up the beefy bash bar, and dented in the rocker panels a good bit smacking the subaru. The subie is salvageable, But truck not so much. Sure it’s possible tho. We’ll see

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12