Thread: Clutch or something else

My Cars
    330xi

Clutch or something else

I have a 2002 330xi and i tried launching it for the first time since i got it. The first couple of times were just fine but after the 4th time my clutch started to feel weird. It felt like it had shorter range when you step on it. Also the RPM is being weird. Whenever i shift gears it goes up then goes down immediately and then go back up all the way to the certain rpm i want. Is my clutch slipping out? Or is it something else. Thanks guys in advance.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Clutch drops at high rpm's? If your answer is yes, then my answer to "Is my clutch slipping out?" is also yes.

My Cars
    z3
    You are launching an AWD BMW and are surprised you caused damage?

My advice - stop doing that. Hopefully you just glazed it and normal proficient driving will wear off the glazed layer returning it to decent condition and clutch feel. Likely you damaged the clutch, and at the very least caused accelerated wear on other parts in the drivetrain...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKYZZ4 View Post
    Clutch drops at high rpm's? If your answer is yes, then my answer to "Is my clutch slipping out?" is also yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    You are launching an AWD BMW and are surprised you caused damage?

My advice - stop doing that. Hopefully you just glazed it and normal proficient driving will wear off the glazed layer returning it to decent condition and clutch feel. Likely you damaged the clutch, and at the very least caused accelerated wear on other parts in the drivetrain...
    +1 A proper ending to my original post BimmerBreaker, more informative than my short response.
    Last edited by MIKYZZ4; 05-29-2016 at 05:24 AM.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsuyat090 View Post
    I have a 2002 330xi and i tried launching it for the first time since i got it. The first couple of times were just fine but after the 4th time my clutch started to feel weird. It felt like it had shorter range when you step on it. Also the RPM is being weird. Whenever i shift gears it goes up then goes down immediately and then go back up all the way to the certain rpm i want. Is my clutch slipping out? Or is it something else. Thanks guys in advance.
    Did you launch with a lot of clutch slippage or just a quick release with heavy throttle? You may have overheated it. If it continues to slip, you will need a new clutch. It is about 15 years old and was not going to last forever anyway and driving like an old lady is no fun. Consider a heavier duty replacement for your driving needs.