Thread: Passing Emissions with No Cats

My Cars
    1999 323is

Passing Emissions with No Cats

Hey guys, I have an n54 135i with AR Design catless downpipes and a custom catless mid-pipe that I have been struggling to get to pass NH emissions for about 9 months now... The car has a custom tune in it, a cobb accessport, defoulers or O2 spacers, and a wedge dp fix. No CEL or SES lights pop on, car throws no codes anymore, but the readiness codes for the catalyst or the oxygen sensors will not set. In NH you can have one that is not set, so i just need to get one. I have read other forums about the drive cycle which would have to be done on a dyno, and most threads discuss JB4, but I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions or a similar scenario. I do have the stock downpipes and may have to end up throwing those back on, but that will most likely screw with the tune. I am trying not to throw a ton more money at it, I just need to pass emissions and get a sticker.

My Cars
    z3
    The O2 spacers should still give O2 readings... I would look into why that is not setting... for obvious reasons, you are unlikely to properly set the catalyst readiness monitor... but I wonder if these systems are joined at the hip on these cars.

May be easier to just revert to stock for emissions... if you do your own labor and kept the old parts this is just a matter of time and a few bloody knuckles...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    You do not need the spacers with cobb ap. You are allowed to have 1 not ready for this car, but since you have the spacers the rear sensors never go into "ready" status since they do not get warm enough. Alternately since you have the downpipe fix etc already installed you can check the catylist box in cobb ap software (you will need who ever did the tune for you to do this I would assume). That way the cat will go into ready.

Basically you need one or the other ;-) not both.