My Cars
    2010 BMW X5 xdrive30i

Tips on INPA DCAN cables that ACTUALLY work

After days of trying to get INPA to communicate with my car and taking my frustrations out on my poor dog by telling him he's the one who is stupid, I've narrowed it down to being a crappy cable (getting the ifh-0003 and ifh-0009 errors no matter how I configure things). It seems, based on my research, that 99% of the cables on the market are useless crap. If I spend any more time trying to get it to work, my wife is going to murder me and be forced survive as a single mother in a cold hard world. I have a 2010 X5 E70. I am a seasoned professional computer programmer, so I want to believe my troubles are not based on incompetence. The only posts I can find that recommend where to get a good cable are years old and have outdated links.

Can anyone recommend a source for a cable that actually works?

Thanks!

My Cars
    2008 BMW X5
    I used to get these error until I found the correct INPA-EDIBAS.

Quote Originally Posted by danielx5e70 View Post
    After days of trying to get INPA to communicate with my car and taking my frustrations out on my poor dog by telling him he's the one who is stupid, I've narrowed it down to being a crappy cable (getting the ifh-0003 and ifh-0009 errors no matter how I configure things). It seems, based on my research, that 99% of the cables on the market are useless crap. If I spend any more time trying to get it to work, my wife is going to murder me and be forced survive as a single mother in a cold hard world. I have a 2010 X5 E70. I am a seasoned professional computer programmer, so I want to believe my troubles are not based on incompetence. The only posts I can find that recommend where to get a good cable are years old and have outdated links. Can anyone recommend a source for a cable that actually works? Thanks!

My Cars
    2012 X5 35d
    Any luck?

My Cars
    2010 BMW X5 xdrive30i
    I went on ebay and bought one for $50 and it works. It also came with standard tools and NCS Dummy on a thumb drive, which was great since my Macbook does not have a CD drive. I am running vmware fusion 4 with windows 10, and I run all the applications in XP compatibility mode.

This is the listing title for the one I bought:
    BMW K-CAN D-CAN OBD2 USB Cable FTDI Chip + BMW Tools Package INPA EDIABAS NCS

Seller name: calvinvo

​Hopefully this helps someone else in the same predicament I was in.