Thread: There is at least one member in Fort McMurray

My Cars
    1983 320i

There is at least one member in Fort McMurray

With the devastating wild fires bringing about the evacuation of the city of Fort McMurray Alberta and the plight of the almost 90,000 residents,I know that at least one,possibly another are members on this forum. Butte d'or Frank is the members name that i recognize from Fort Mac .Not much else we can do to help at this time, other than donations to the Canadian Red Cross which the Canadian government has promised to match dollar for dollar.

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i M20 Turbo
    There has been talk about refugees coming to my home town to our state fair park for shelter during this devastating situation. I welcome them with open arms.
    1999 Z3 Coupe 2.8L

CHECK OUT >>>
    RAGE DRIFT DESIGNS <<< FOR DECALS AND MORE!

My Cars
    '82 320i, '86 Jetta,
    Quote Originally Posted by ButteDorFrank View Post
    nice car ! I'm in alberta, not too far from where you're from, I hope to be able to do some roadtrips this summer !
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic E21 View Post
    Oh I grew up in Calgary, but moved here in 99. We go back to Alberta often, but usually straight out to Calgary. Where are you from originally? I assume fort mac is for work?
    Quote Originally Posted by ButteDorFrank View Post
    haha yeah moved to fort mac for work and ended up buying a house here ... I'm originally from New Brunswick, the nice thing about fort mac is you make 3 times more money, and car parts cost the same !

This sucks.

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Last I heard Francois is doing ok. And last he heard his house and bimmers are still there.

My Cars
    82 320i
    Oh wow ! haven't seen this until now ... I haven't been too active on the forum lately, life has been very busy ...

the 2016 fires were pretty insane but in times like this it was pretty impressive how humanity comes together and everyone will do anything to help complete strangers ! ... it's an experience that I wish no one ever has to go through but natural disasters happens all the time. As long as everyone makes it out of it safely, materials can be replaced.

I was lucky that my house didn't burn, but the city is still not back to normal almost 3 years after.
    Good news is that I finally started to get some work done on my project e21 and I'll try to be more active on the forum.

Cheers !