Thread: Anyone using Rheingold, ISTA-D software?

My Cars
    3.1L e30, e36 328is

Anyone using Rheingold, ISTA-D software?

I have ISTA-D installed and running, but I am having some trouble getting database files to pull in on start-up. This is causing my test plans to be incomplete. I have the latest version 3.54 and have already tired several things to get everything working. When I right click on all my files to try and "unblock them" There is no option to unblock the files in preferences. My software also came with a "reg fix" program the install guide recommeded to run. This made no change. Last thing I tried was using windows powershell v4.0 to unblock all files relating to ISTA. I am still getting the database error message when I start up. In my version list the only blank package designation is Language Data, I am assuming this is the missing database file, but not sure how to get it to load up.

If anyone here has had luck with this software please let me know if you've run across this, or how your install process was.

Now powered by M

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I have an earlier version running. The only issue I encounterd initially was unblocking the files - unless I unblocked them all before extraction, no matter what I did (Powershell etc.,) I could not get them to run properly. I eventually unblocked the zipped file and the program installed and runs perfectly.

My Cars
    3.1L e30, e36 328is
    Thanks. I have everything backed up to external drive, so maybe I will try it again. Going to copy over all of my SQLite files and see what that does. Does your version have the 3 large "global data" files (Istapackage file)? I wasn't sure what to do with these or where to put them. My instructions said to extract the 3 files and you should end up with the 5 SQLite files which needed to be copied over to the "program files" folder in ISTA. I also have two folders for ISTA. One on C drive and one in Program files.

Your info has definitely been helpful through searches for setting up and using other softwares. Thanks

Now powered by M

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    My version has multi language SQLITE files (it is v3.45.40 - fairly old compared to the version you have), so there are actually 10 SQLiteDB files but I think the ones you should have are xmlvalueprimitive_ENGB.sqlite, streamdataprimitive_ENGB.sqlite, DiagDocDb.sqlite, DiaUpdate.sqlite, streamdataprimitive_OTHER.sqlite and xmlvalueprimitive_OTHER.sqlite. I don't have any "global data files" all I did to install the software was to unblock and UnRAR it, go to the Redist folder and run VS90_piaredist.exe, then go to the TesterGUI|Bin\Release folder and run ISTAGUI.exe. I was prompted to enter the license key on the first run (this modifies Windows registry) and after that you can run the software at any time by creating a shortcut to ISTAGUI.exe. I actually have ISTA/D on an external HDD and run it directly from there on a number of PC's (had to register the license key on each machine first).

My Cars
    e46 vert
    Im not sure what the differance is between ISTA-d and ISTA+ is but i have the + version. Just got it installed on a windows 10 laptop, so i havent had a chance to run it on my car yet but i will be testing tomorrow. im a noob with this software, but im an I.T. tech so install wasn't to hard. i didnt have any global files or anything like that, if you want i can upload the files to a dropbox account or something.

My Cars
    3.1L e30, e36 328is
    Well, maybe something that I did, or maybe using the other file actually changed something. I did a scam on my x5 this morning and all the test plans were working. Now to move on to the next software set-up. Maybe ISTA-P now.

Now powered by M

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Be very careful with ISTA-P and K+DCAN cables, very risky. Modules can be bricked if you try to flash with the USB cables, when ISTA-P thinks it's running on high speed.
    Not recommended unless you actually have a problem only ISTAP can fix. (That is, assuming you are using the K+DCAN or VAGKKL)
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    3.1L e30, e36 328is
    I may invest in an icom package before doing programming. Most bus modules and E-net cars really need these interfaces. BMW doesn't allow individual module programming due to compatibility issues and only recently let us choose to exclude infotainment modules from coding/programming on boardnet 2000 vehicles only (E-series with MOST). If I need to do pre D-can programming I would try WinFPK, but since I am still working at the dealer, I really done need any of it for myself right now.

Now powered by M

My Cars
    Bmw E46
    sorry ,, reply to an old thread I experienced a problem with the installation ista d, istagui.exe has stopped working.ada knows this fix.?I appreciate any help.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Agus, ISTA/D will not run on some computers - I have it running on 3 machines, but my DELL M65 just refuses to run it (I suspect it is a DELL operating system thing). Make sure you have Microsoft NET 4 installed.

Bump. I'm having an issue like this person's post.

I installed everything as normal, but there was absolutely no "unblock" option in properties, so I continued install. Tried to get ISTA to recognize the car and it says: "The vehicle could not be identified. Please check the access to the vehicle and check whether the testing-analysis-diagnosis has been activated." In details, it says host not found error 0015. I've used PowerShell to attempt to unblock the Rheingold folder on my PC and retried it and still had the same issue. Do I need to re-unzip the Rheingold folder after unblocking?
    Follow my Instagram to see what I'm wrenching on: @xlukaslw

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by xLukas View Post
    Bump. I'm having an issue like this person's post.

I installed everything as normal, but there was absolutely no "unblock" option in properties, so I continued install. Tried to get ISTA to recognize the car and it says: "The vehicle could not be identified. Please check the access to the vehicle and check whether the testing-analysis-diagnosis has been activated." In details, it says host not found error 0015. I've used PowerShell to attempt to unblock the Rheingold folder on my PC and retried it and still had the same issue. Do I need to re-unzip the Rheingold folder after unblocking?
    Your problem sounds like a cable/settings setup problem.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    Your problem sounds like a cable/settings setup problem.
    COM9, latency 1. Cable works fine on INPA w/ COM1. I have to switch back and forth to get the separate applications working correctly (INPA working correctly anyhow as ISTA isn't working).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    ... COM9? Why that?
    If it works on COM1, with INPA, then use COM1 all the time. INPA and ISTA use the same EDIABAS COM settings.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

Downloaded the absolute newest ISTA D from a Russian torrent website, still having this issue.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    You still didn't answer why you are using COM9 with ISTA D and then COM1 with INPA? Or was that a typo?
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    You still didn't answer why you are using COM9 with ISTA D and then COM1 with INPA? Or was that a typo?
    The COM9 mixup was my fault. I gave him a pack with standard tools and ISTA, and there was a discrepancy in the instructions. I fixed it and sent a message to clarify.

Yes, thank you RocketSurgeon. He had told me so long as the COMs are the same number, they should work. And they do, on INPA (for me, on COM1). I've tried both downloads of ISTA+ and neither seem to be working for me. I get the same error.

This post explains EXACTLY my issue.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho....php?t=1045529

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by xLukas View Post
    Yes, thank you RocketSurgeon. He had told me so long as the COMs are the same number, they should work. And they do, on INPA (for me, on COM1). I've tried both downloads of ISTA+ and neither seem to be working for me. I get the same error.

This post explains EXACTLY my issue.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho....php?t=1045529

To grab a quote from Reclaimer on Bimmerfest
    "Also, if you get a NET-0015 Host Not Found/Interface Error, then the EDIABAS.ini file in the Rheingold EDIABAS folder must be edited to match your actual EDIABAS.ini file in C:\EDIABAS folder."

Quote Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
    To grab a quote from Reclaimer on Bimmerfest
    "Also, if you get a NET-0015 Host Not Found/Interface Error, then the EDIABAS.ini file in the Rheingold EDIABAS folder must be edited to match your actual EDIABAS.ini file in C:\EDIABAS folder."
    I saved my EDIABAS.ini folder from C: directly to the EDIABAS file Rheingold EDIABAS bin folder. They are exactly the same now. They were different. I will test in the morning. Thanks once again.

Seemed to scan everything, but will not actually show me fault memory.

Fault Memory Unknown.png
    Last edited by xLukas; 09-21-2017 at 03:36 PM.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Your sqlitedbs are not in there correctly, or java/.NET/visual basic problem.

Or you didn't "unblock" the .rar file when extracting.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

Your sqlitedbs are not in there correctly, or java/.NET/visual basic problem.

Or you didn't "unblock" the .rar file when extracting.
    There was no unblock option when installing. I however used another program to "force" it to unblock. I forgot the program, I know that doesn't help lol.

I will check the other files.

I used the same program as OP to unblock the file. Powershell. I was not positive if it really worked, though.

I did not see any java/.net files in any of my files (on downloads or C: )

SQ Lite DBS.png

My Cars
    BMW 320d E90 LCI
    Hi guys, not sure this is the right thread to reply to but i am having issues with getting Ista Rheingold 4.03.021 to work. I have downloaded everything from different websites including mega but whenever i start the installation process i get stuck to not finding some of the files needed and i just can't find them anywhere.
    1. unblock.reg is not present in any of the downloaded folder
    2. the unblock option is not present at the properties menu of the compressed file
    3.ista-pro-x64.reg not present anywhere and can't find it online either.
    I tried installing skipping those steps hoping it will work but when i start the istagui.exe from the desktop as an administrator i get the error that the connection to one of the required databased can't be made and if i connect it to my car it just doesn't show anything. I own a 320d e90 LCI 2011.

Could someone please help me?