Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is this Panjo garbage?

My Cars
    '91 M5

What is this Panjo garbage?

This thing was really annoying when it first started getting used here, but now it is charging 7% on stuff sold on the forums? This thing is going to kill the classifieds section.
    Current Fleet:
    E34 1991 M5 Macaoblau on Complete (ruined)Leather Champagne - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1705166

Past:
    E34 1989 535i 5-Speed AlpineweissII on Natur - Parted
    E34 1992 525i 5-Speed Islandgrun on Pergament - Parted
    E34 1995 540i 6-Speed ShwarzII on Shwarz - Sold to Sneezy.
    E34 1995 525i 5-Speed Calypso Red on Parchment - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1748143 - Sold locally.
    E39 1998 528i 5-Speed Black on Black - Sold locally.
    E34​ 1993 M5 Alpinweiss on Black - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...lpinweissII-M5 - Parted

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    7%? I hadn't seen that. Welp, never selling anything here again. Might as well use eBay.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Quote Originally Posted by danespann View Post
    Every E34 needs the same things in the end.

My Cars
    1992 525
    How can it charge you if you post it in E34 classifieds?
    "Helicopters: 10,0000 pieces of metal fatigue rotating around an oil leak."

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by S61Dan View Post
    How can it charge you if you post it in E34 classifieds?
    It can't. That's why our classifieds have been "closing soon" for like 2 years. Panjo has been free, I suspect now it will actually close.

My Cars
    2011 1M
    I just got charged 7% for selling some items. it worked out to $35! That is nuts. last time I sell here for sure.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    It can't. That's why our classifieds have been "closing soon" for like 2 years. Panjo has been free, I suspect now it will actually close.
    You may be right. The admin has to decide if the classifieds get enough clicks to be worth more than whatever revenue Panjo generates. I, for one, don't and won't use it.
    This, the current format, is more of an exchange among enthusiasts. If I want to make a business of selling and reach a broad market for a fee I'll use fleabay or Craigslist which, last I checked, is still free.
    Last edited by ross1; 05-06-2016 at 09:10 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    e36M, 525iTA, 525i/5
    Just my .02.

Over the years I've posted a few things on panjo. I don't normally post things in the classifieds out of courtesy for people who regularly do. Of my few sales on panjo, all have been from traffic directed from search engines, and NOT members here. Only a very few of the panjo sales were trouble free; most were unreasonable in one way or another, some downright rude... knowing this, I'll let all mine drop off and close. I wouldn't even consider listing anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

I quit selling on ebay years ago, when they took away all the protection from sellers. I'd rather just give what parts I have to somebody than let thieves claim things don't work etc and then have PP reverse charges.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    I quit ebay 6 or 7 years ago for the same reason.

My Cars
    2001 E38 iL
    Advertise on panjo then sell off site. Use them for exposure then complete the sale via email.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    It is still free to list on Panjo. Sellers can complete a sale for free too. Sellers may disintermediate (circumvent) Panjo. There is no requirement to process payment with Panjo. Panjo charges a 6.9% transaction fee when a buyer and seller opt into completing a transaction on Panjo. That fee goes into funding: server expenses, email server expenses, money-back guarantee, phone and email customer support, ongoing marketplace enhancements, promotional campaigns to promote the marketplace and member's listings.

For buyers, Panjo provides:
    - email and phone-based customer support and dispute resolution.
    - faster, 100% money-back refunds in the case a transaction goes awry.
    - convenient 'buy now' button for payment compared to back-and-forth PMs.
    - search, sort, and filter tools to find a desired item.
    - email digests to keep members abreast of new listings.
    - the ability to add items to a watchlist and monitor them.

For sellers, Panjo provides:
    - Promotion of marketplace through Facebook, YouTube, Google, and other outlets.
    - email and phone-based customer support and dispute resolution.
    - increased sell through rate via 'buy now' button.
    - email blasts to subscribers to promote their listings.
    - protection against fraudulent PayPal claims.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    So, this is where the undesirables go to die.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    It's where questions go to get answered...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's
    So does one get charged the Paypal fee of 3.5% in addition to the Panjo fee of 6.9% by completing the transaction on Panjo?

If yes, that is quite the burn by listing on Panjo......

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I don't think so... But also remember you can skip the Panjo money transfer and skip all the fees but then you waive all of the benefits of Panjo.

Sent from my iPad using BF.com

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Would be nice if the Panjo people in charge could clarify that and explain it http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...9#post29171959
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    2010 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteghost1 View Post
    So does one get charged the Paypal fee of 3.5% in addition to the Panjo fee of 6.9% by completing the transaction on Panjo?
    There is a 2.9% (not 3.5%) Visa/Discover/MasterCard/PayPal credit card processing fee in addition to a seller's marketplace contribution of 6.9%.

Based off all the feedback we have been receiving, we are also discussing potential new changes (e.g. fee caps) to the marketplace contribution model in an effort to ensure the fairest structure for both buyers/sellers while allowing the community marketplace to provide the best mobile-friendly experience, instant money back guarantees, buyer/seller remediation and security, improved sell through rates through marketing campaigns while providing sellers full control of whether to accept and fulfill a transaction in the first place.

We are currently working on an "Estimated Payout" calculator to provide better transparency and to assist seller's in deciding how they'd like to price their item. We'd love to hear your thoughts, you can see the rough mock-up here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	payout calculator.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	573100

We are still working on the design of this calculator to reflect the many edge cases that can arise. For example, payment processors such as PayPal do not have a fee cap, and a car priced with a large ticket amount might display a large payment processing amount. We don't want this to discourage members from listing a car in fear of incurring a huge fee, but the reality is, most listings above $5000 are handled offsite. In those scenarios, we do our best to work with the buyer and seller to best facilitate those transactions.

If you have any additional questions or suggestions, feel free to contact me directly at brian.lee@panjo.com. Your feedback is extremely valuable to the health and success of the community marketplace!
    Bimmerforums Marketplace for BMW Enthusiasts
    Santa Monica, California | 1.424.272.0291 | info@panjo.com

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
    There is a 2.9% (not 3.5%) Visa/Discover/MasterCard/PayPal credit card processing fee in addition to a seller's marketplace contribution of 6.9%.
    Not completely correct. You for sure have more turnover than $30/month.
    Fee Rate (monthly sales)
    2.9% + $0.30 ($0 - $3000)
    2.5% + $ 0.30 (#3000 - $ 10.000)
    2.2% + $0.30 (+10.000 +)

International Fees added to PayPal Calculator https://salecalc.com/blog/internatio...pal-calculator
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    E12, E12, E36, E39
    Quote Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
    Contribution, by the dictionary, implies voluntary, or a gift. Is it a voluntary gift that is requested or a mandatory fee? It sounds like the local dealer who claims list price is 10% more than what is shown as list price by everyone else. He's certainly free to charge what he wants, but don't tell me it's list when its not. Similarly, don't suggest it's a contribution when it's a mandatory fee.
    Last edited by Mike WW; 07-18-2016 at 06:22 PM.
    98 328is
    02 525ita
    80 528i
    81 528ia
    and decades of owning and driving BMWs

My Cars
    1990 BMW 325i coupe
    I've been digging through other forums that use Panjo and there seems to be a consensus among users: It's overpriced, clunky, items are less likely to sell, and nobody really likes it. Since it's open to non-forum members, that reduces the "community" aspect of trading. Plus, in the off-chance someone outside the forums hits the "buy it now" or whatever they call it, you can't avoid the fees. And God help you if you're shipping is miscalculated...

I do, however, understand the incentive for the mods. Unloading stress while reducing cost, and the fact that we don't have to pay for anything on this site, I get all that. An unfortunate effect of the commercialization of the web: Converting 0s and 1s into cash. I recently bowed out of eBay because the fees were too high and I wasn't making enough to deal with the scammers (Like people falsely claiming "not as described" and getting a refund without returning the item...) and it looks like Panjo is more of the same.

My Cars
    1997 LS1 M3, 2004 330xi
    Way to kill off the used parts system among bimmer enthusiasts BF. I will be using the other BMW forums more than ever now. Panjo is crap we didnt really need. Use paypal, get buyer protection.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Panjo has an entire team of people handling ideas and requests. They also have an entire team of people for help and transaction support. That is a huge bonus for us as many of us do this as a hobby. It is not a business for us (or we would have sold it out to a business a long time ago).

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by cooler breeze View Post
    Way to kill off the used parts system among bimmer enthusiasts BF. I will be using the other BMW forums more than ever now. Panjo is crap we didnt really need. Use paypal, get buyer protection.
    Panjo was not thought of over night... it is based off of user feedback. Those who spoke up are how Panjo was designed.

My Cars
    09 128i, 03 525iT, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    It is still free to list on Panjo. Sellers can complete a sale for free too. Sellers may disintermediate (circumvent) Panjo. There is no requirement to process payment with Panjo. Panjo charges a 6.9% transaction fee when a buyer and seller opt into completing a transaction on Panjo. That fee goes into funding: server expenses, email server expenses, money-back guarantee, phone and email customer support, ongoing marketplace enhancements, promotional campaigns to promote the marketplace and member's listings.
    If you can work around Panjo I don't see how -- when I tried to create a new post to the Race Cars and Track Part forum it automatically took me to Panjo. I can't see a way around listing through them and paying their fees.

Sorry to say, but for now I'm going to try listing somewhere else because the fees would make it not worthwhile trying to sell here.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by JPJ View Post
    If you can work around Panjo I don't see how -- when I tried to create a new post to the Race Cars and Track Part forum it automatically took me to Panjo. I can't see a way around listing through them and paying their fees.

Sorry to say, but for now I'm going to try listing somewhere else because the fees would make it not worthwhile trying to sell here.
    Listing on Panjo is free...

I understand that the fees can be a turn off... but the services Panjo provide cost money. Staffing a phone bank to resolve problems when transactions go sideways costs a pretty penny and those people deserve air conditioning just like the rest of us.

My Cars
    '05 BMW 330xi, '18 G310R
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedsBlue View Post
    7%? I hadn't seen that. Welp, never selling anything here again. Might as well use eBay.
    eBay still charges final value fees too, and I think it's 10% for Automotive categories. I don't see any problem with Panjo doing it. It makes sense for all of the reasons Kevlar mentioned. I'd rather sell something online with a small-ish fee than have it never sell on an undertrafficked forum classified or Craigslist where you will be lowballed and need to work extra to sell your item. I've sold one thing on Panjo so far and I have no complaints.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast