Thread: eml + engine + abs + brake lights On

My Cars
    z4 e85 3.0i

eml + engine + abs + brake lights On

what's going on?!
    without any advice all the lights turned on during my trip.
    apparently nothing else appended, but when i stopped the car and switched off and on the light remains on and the engine is now in "protection mode" around 1000 rpm and I can't do gas and accelerate anymore
    I don't really know what's appended...
    any help?
    thanks!!

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    Quote Originally Posted by daguerra View Post
    what's going on?!
    without any advice all the lights turned on during my trip.
    apparently nothing else appended, but when i stopped the car and switched off and on the light remains on and the engine is now in "protection mode" around 1000 rpm and I can't do gas and accelerate anymore
    I don't really know what's appended...
    any help?
    thanks!!

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk
    This happened to us once when we were driving home. What year is your car? Ours fixed itself after we turned the car off and turned it back on, and our mechanic couldn't find anything wrong with the car in a following appointment. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this issue and if they were able to resolve what happened.

- '03 z4 2.5i

My Cars
    328i Z4
    I have an 05 Z4 which has had the same problems. I've thrown money at the problem and have narrowed it down to two possible issues. First let me tell you what I changed:
    1 Throttle Body
    2 Intake boot which connects to the throttle body
    3 Coils & plugs
    4 Idle Control Valve (I cleaned the old one because the part of the boot that connects to it was cracked and allowed dirt and junk in)
    5 Theromstat
    6 Thermostat temperature sensor switch
    7 Coolant expansion tank
    8 Checked all vacuum lines for cracks and replaced as needed
    Changing all those parts eliminated the CEL, Brake (yellow warning), and the light with the triangle with the arrow around it. But now when its cold in the morning she runs rough at first and the lights come on only during start up. I'm leaning towards either the DISA valve or the ECU. Most of these parts can be cleaned and reused in order to be cost effective. I learned the hard way, but what you might want to do is get an OBDII reader and clear the codes yourself. Once my cars running at normal temperature she goes great. So IMO it sounds like you might want to clean your MAFS and check the boot which comes off the throttle body. If its cracked you can use RVT to seal it up it works great and if you don't mind how it looks it'll save you $40. If you have figured out why your lights came on could you please post what the issue was and how it was fixed? I hope this post isn't to late finding you with possible fixes, but like I said save some money and clean the parts with carb cleaner and degreaser. try to stay away from brake cleaner...I know I'm guilty of it, but it will eat away at the rubber and plastic. I'm by no means a mechanic...I just like to do my own work so that way I know who to blame.

Getch