Thread: help finding engine number on S38 B36

My Cars
    BMW E30

help finding engine number on S38 B36

Hi, i am need little help about finding engine number on S38 B36, i try to find on google, forums in Serbia and nobody know, i have E30 and i find engine etc so i want to buy it and put it in the E30 but i first must find that magic number, sorry for off topic and bad english, i am from Serbia.Buy the way E34 M5 is awesome car, i would love to find and drive one but that's imposible in Serbia we maybe have one or two of them.I am lucky to find this engine but help with maybe some short video or picture of that engine number location will be BIG help for me so please everyone help...

My Cars
    BMW E30

Hi Bimmer brothers and sisters , need help ASAP please :)

Hi, i am need little help about finding engine number on S38 B36, i try to find on google, forums in Serbia and nobody know and in Serbia there is maybe 2 cars and i don't know the owners and can't find conctact of them, i have E30 325i and i find S38 engine etc ( all parts from car) so i want to buy it and put it in the E30 but i first must find that magic number,bad english, i am from Serbia and don't have many oportunity to write on english.By the way E34M5 is awesome car,I am lucky to find this engine but car is in poor condition,owner was out from Serbia for a few years and in that time people ruined car (scratch, rusted eat him, they stoled the whels,all glass broke,they smash interior, in one word they destroy it, but engine run good.So we want to take all from the car but i need help with maybe some short video or picture of that engine number location will be BIG help for me so please everyone help.

My Cars
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BlooM View Post
    Hi, i am need little help about finding engine number on S38 B36, i try to find on google, forums in Serbia and nobody know, i have E30 and i find engine etc so i want to buy it and put it in the E30 but i first must find that magic number, sorry for off topic and bad english, i am from Serbia.Buy the way E34 M5 is awesome car, i would love to find and drive one but that's imposible in Serbia we maybe have one or two of them.I am lucky to find this engine but help with maybe some short video or picture of that engine number location will be BIG help for me so please everyone help...
    This may help www​.jaypix.com/files/engine.pdf

BMW engine serial numbers don't match the vehicle serial numbers so it's hard to trace which car they came from. The S38 engine number should be stamped into the block at the back almost directly below #6 intake runner. you'll have to reach down with a big screw-driver and push a coolant hose out of the way to see it.
    Last edited by zubbie; 12-31-2018 at 07:24 AM.

My Cars
    various
    Answered also in your other post.

This may help www​.jaypix.com/files/engine.pdf

BMW engine serial numbers don't match the vehicle serial numbers so it's hard to trace which car they came from. The S38 engine number should be stamped into the block at the back almost directly below #6 intake runner. you'll have to reach down with a big screw-driver and push a coolant hose out of the way to see it.
    Last edited by zubbie; 12-31-2018 at 07:23 AM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    merged the 2 threads
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    BMW E30
    Thanks bro i would see now this link you post me, i know where the number is on M50, but on this full hud of engine i can't see , VIN number is perfect on chasis (24.03.1990 VIN decoder say like in licence of the car), car was register but no one look the number true this 20 years, and before i buy it i want to see the number, because in Serbia if engine don't have number you can only give engine to police and can't register the car.And it's shame because car have only 127 xxxx km on gauge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    merged the 2 threads
    Sorry for this, i maybe have some compiuter problem i only remember i wrote second thread, and i don't have experience and have problem with english so please forgive me

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    No problem, all fixed now, I also change the thread title now to a better one
    instead of Hi Bimmer brothers and sisters , need help ASAP please >>>new: help finding engine number on S38 B36

My Cars
    BMW E30
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    No problem, all fixed now, I also change the thread title now to a better one
    instead of Hi Bimmer brothers and sisters , need help ASAP please >>>new: help finding engine number on S38 B36
    Thanks bro , sorry for problems i make with my writing .If you can delete my first message in this post i can't or i don't know how , i see you have E32 750IL, my friend have same car . If i understand corect number should be somewhere here like i mark on picture ? If i understand it's close to the radiator from this pic left side of that M symbol ? Sorry for bothering you i hope i would be better member on this forum for a few days .I have in plane few project cars

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Leave the thread now as it is, the sooner you will reach 10 posts and then there is no need anymore, that a moderator has to approve you post manually (forum spam-o-matic).

See page 28 for details where the serial number is on the S38 http://www.ge39.com/files/zeigeinfo.pdf

same place like the M30 https://engineserialnumber.blogspot....locations.html
    Last edited by shogun; 12-31-2018 at 08:52 AM.

My Cars
    BMW E30
    Thanks bro you are the king , and thanks zubbie also.You were very helpful.I would see to solve this for a few days and than i write i hope good news . I have some ideas for a few project cars i would post that when i start to work on the cars, E28,E34 and E39