Thread: New to me

My Cars
    2014 Z4 28i

New to me

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I looked for this car for almost 3 months. A BMW dealer told me that I was looking for a unicorn. I found it.

2014 S28i creampuff with only 7,158 miles on it. Valencia orange w/metallic flakes that POP in the sun. Extended leather and contrasting black top. Powder coated the wheels black and added black aftermarket kidney grilles up front. I spent three days putting multiple coats of the Zaino acrylic finish on it and it's gorgeous. Added Clearbra to the whole front.

My wife and I put 1000 miles on it on a test trip to California and back. No problems. Over the next six months in retirement we plan to take cross country trips. Lots of fun! 40+ MPG @ 65 MPH. Wow.

I still grin every time I get in it.
    Last edited by CB3Tige; 05-03-2016 at 03:19 PM.

My Cars
    Z4 3.0i E89

Like the color combo. never seen it before.

My Cars
    2014 Z4 28i
    Thanks. It was the color combination that made it difficult to find. The metal flake Valencia Orange pops in the sun--the whole car glows. The offsetting contrast with black harkens back to my childhood nickname, Tiger.

image.jpg

My Cars
    11 Z4 3.0 Manual w/Nav
    Nicest looking Unicorn I ever saw

My Cars
    2014 BMW Z4 35is
    Very nice car! Great for you and your wife! Enjoy!

My Cars
    2010 Maxima, 2016 Pilot
    Nice find! Do you mind me asking how much did you pay for it? I'm also in the market. Been looking for a month now.

My Cars
    2010 Maxima, 2016 Pilot
    By the way, just curious, how will you plan on taking this cross country with very little trunk space? you won't be able to take the top down.

My Cars
    2014 Z4 28i
    $42,000 in March of 2016 for a Sept. 2014 build. Paid a bit of a premium for low mileage and unique color scheme.

I had avoided replacing my Merlot 2004 Z4 because of the 2008 change from the soft to the hard top and resulting relative lack of trunk space. A salesperson convinced us there was sufficient room even with the top down. He was right.

We have two soft duffels with wheels that fit perfectly in the trunk with the roof down. We can take 5 days worth of clothing in these duffels. There is room around them for some extra shoes, jackets, and a few small purchased items. With the top up there's plenty of room. We can do a little laundry once and be gone for 10 days.

Having the hard top makes the vehicle quieter, stiffer for handling, and generally more pleasant to ride in (especially in winter). It also looks sharper IMO than the rag top. I understand the replacement model will go back to the soft top. I'm not very interested.

The car garners not just looks but comments on a regular basis. Last week at a stop light I had a guy looking down at me from his pick up truck strike up a conversation. Happens all the time.

In the last 14 months we have put about 16,000 miles on it with no problems. Still a joy to drive and own. No tickets yet either. Why, I don't know, except I do drive closer to the limit as I have aged.

My Cars
    2010 Maxima, 2016 Pilot
    Thanks CB3Tige. I'm in the process for acquiring a 2013 35i with M Sport Package. It's black...not much to choose from . I'm hoping the owner can work out a few issues with the car with BMW and get an extended warranty. I'll find out more tomorrow.

The color definitely gets the initial attention...but I find the Z4 in general looks great.

My Cars
    2012 BMW z4
    Hello,
    I am a new member. I am crazy about BMW z4, finally after 5 years I could buy it. I am really happy!

My Cars
    2014 Z4 28i

Fifteen months of ownership

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

No dings, problems or tickets. Up to 24,000 miles now, 17,000 of them mine. Still loving it. Still turning heads and hearts wherever we go. We have had some great road trips. Trunk space is not an issue. My wife enjoys driving it around town daily as much as I do.

In another post I mentioned how HOT the heated seats got. Normal function I have found out through my own experience. Neither Customer Service at BMW-USA nor my local dealer had any explanation, but here it is:

BMW programs the seat to warm up quickly on the highest setting, no matter which setting of the three you choose. After about three minutes it settles on the chosen temperature, but hot is very, very warm.

My Cars
    z3
    That makes sense regarding the heated seats. I have cars that do that too, heats up real quick then settles down. It's nice when its "If I dont have heated seats my ass might freeze to this seat", but when its just "heated seats might be nice" weather then it can be annoying.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!