Thread: ► APEX | Official Wide 17" ARC-8 Group Buy | Let’s do another production run!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

► APEX | Official Wide 17" ARC-8 Group Buy | Let’s do another production run!

APEX Wide 17” ARC-8 Group Buy

Track rats and garage queens— the Group Buy you’ve been waiting for is here! We’ve officially launched the Feeler Phase for the wide 17” ARC-8 wheels that were discontinued and out-of-stock for quite a while now.

We’re offering the opportunity to score either the 17x10” ET25 or the 17x10.5” ET27 ARC-8 wheels. You have two options for how you can participate in this deal:

Receive 100% of the Group Buy Discount Achieved

Pledge to buy one full set of four wheels. This set requires the purchase of at least one pair of either 17x10” or 17x10.5” wheels. The second pair can either be one of the new sizes or it can be a selection from our existing sizes.

If you pledge to purchase two pairs of new sizes then you will count towards the deal’s progress as 4 units. If you pledge to purchase two new wheels and two existing wheels then you will count as only 2 units for progress.

Receive 50% of the Group Buy Discount Achieved

Pledge to buy only a pair of the new sizes and skip the option to complete the set. Pledging to purchase two new wheels and two existing wheels will count as 2 units for progress. This is great for those of you who only need 2 new wheels to complete a set.

The purpose of this Group Buy is to bring back discontinued sizes. In order to do this, we must hit our minimum production quantity of 100 units per size. Additionally, the minimum finish quantity is 50 units per finish. It’s unlikely that both the 10” and 10.5” sizes AND all 4 finishes will be produced, so you’ll be ranking your size and finish preferences when you sign up. We’ll calculate which ones are popular enough to produce for this Group Buy once we’ve tallied everyone’s preferences. Pledges counting as 2 or 4 units will go towards the 50 unit finish minimum and 100 unit size minimum.

The Feeler phase is a no obligation sign-up period used to formally measure interest. You’ll return to change or confirm your selections during the final Pledge phase. If you’re desired size/finish is not produced then your order will be cancelled and you will not be charged. DO NOT sit back and wait during the pledge phase for your desired options to reach enough interest. This is a small enough deal that every member counts. Waiting to participate will only create a cycle that will ensure your goal is not achieved. Take a minute and get your pledges in.

Tiers

• 0-99 Units - No Production
    • 100-124 Units = Free Shipping
    • 125-149 Units = $125 Discount + Free Shipping
    • 150-174 Units = $150 Discount + Free Shipping
    • 175-199 Units = $175 Discount + Free Shipping
    • 200+ Units = $200 Discount + Free Shipping

What finishes could be produced in this Group Buy?
    You will need to tell us your first, second, and third preference of finish for your wheels. Our minimum production quantity per finish is 50 wheels. We’ll tally the votes when the deal is over. This format will allow us to satisfy the most members.

• Anthracite
    • Satin Black
    • Hyper Silver
    • Hyper Black

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?

All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels by reading our main description tab. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?

Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GroupBuyParts.com where you can pay, follow, and even discuss the deal’s status. This Group Buy includes the extra step of ranking/voting for your preferred size and finishes. We’re only going to produce and offer the sizes and finishes that are popular enough to meet the minimum 100 wheel production requirement. We may end up making one finish, or we may end up making all four. It all depends on how many of you participate.

How do I participate?

Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GroupBuyParts.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?

No problem! Just contact us at groupbuy@apexraceparts.com. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience an extra delay.

Click a link below to join or simply to learn more about the Group Buy.

Want to see how they look?

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    I want !
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    99' 323is, 99' 328is
    I'm in!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    I want !
    Feel free to sign up on our group buy page. Don't miss out on our deepest, most concave face profile 17"!

Quote Originally Posted by JimsR View Post
    I'm in!
    Fantastic! Glad to have you on board!

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Will the 17x10 fit rear of e36 ?
    I called , but couldn't get an answer.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    99' 323is, 99' 328is
    ^^ Doubt it. I plan on grafting fender flares, even if you made them fit probably wouldn't look right.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Will the 17x10 fit rear of e36 ?
    I called , but couldn't get an answer.
    Thank you for your interest! The ARC-8 17x10 et25 application is not a good fit for the rear of an e36 chassis. The e36 rear fenders flares are quite weak, and do not provide enough inner clearance to fit such a wide wheel. The ARC-8 17x9.5 et35 with 255/40/17 tires is just about the widest fitment possible when utilizing the stock fenders. This fitment would even require negative camber and a good fender roll/pull to fit properly.

As JimsR described, the 17x10 et25 is going to require fender flares or a custom widebody kit to accommodate 275/40/17 tires.

- Ryan on behalf of Eddy

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    So this GB really isn't for the e36 guys ? I'd jump on a set of the concave
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    So this GB really isn't for the e36 guys ? I'd jump on a set of the concave
    Thank you so much for your interest, however this group buy is specifically for 17" Wide Fitments (17x10 and 17x10.5). Many E36 race cars utelize fender flares, or a wide body kit in order to use these specifications. However, the standard E36 fenders will not accommodate them. We do hold 17" ARC-8 (All SKU's) Group Buys a few times a year. So stayed tuned for SKU's that would best suit your needs!

- - - Updated - - -

Our Wide 17" ARC-8's are back! Sign up today!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

Who loves this aggressive look as much as we do?

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    UPDATE:

Hey guys, we've looked through everyone's preferences that have signed up for the feeler list so far. Here's what we found in the data:

• As of today we have 112 wheels worth of interest. The minimum production quantity for one size is 100 units.

• Almost every single member on the list is willing to accept 17x10" ET25 wheels to complete their order. We have enough potential interest for the production of one size.
    • Demand for the 17x10.5" ET27 is too low for production. This deal is almost certain going to only be for the 17x10" ET25 size only.

• It is likely that only 2 finishes will be produced. 2 finishes would cover 95% of demand.

• Based on everyone's preferences the two finishes likely to be produced are Hyper Black and Anthracite or possibly Hyper Black and Hyper Silver.
    • A third finish is possible if total demand reaches 150+ wheels.

• Half of those who've signed up so far have indicated they would need at least a $150 discount plus free shipping before they would be willing to purchase a set.

• We are currently just shy of reaching the $125 discount plus free shipping. It is unlikely that $150, $175, or $200 off will be reached. If those people don't pledge at a lower discount during the payment phase then only about 50 wheels would be purchased. That would not be enough to reach the 100 unit minimum production.
    • This deal will not fulfill any orders if demand doesn't increase significantly, or if interested participants who want large discounts do not lower their participation threshold.

Recommendations to bring back the 17x10" ET25 wheel:

To bring this size back we recommend everyone pledge to join this deal with just free shipping as your required minimum discount, or at most $125 off plus free shipping.

We still have 2 weeks to get more sign-ups for this deal. With more sign-ups we can ensure the deal goes through and we may reach larger discounts.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

Lets bring back the wide 17" ARC-8! Sign up on the Group Buy site today!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

The wide 17" ARC-8 provides a profile 3 concave face! Check out the Group Buy Site for more information!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

Our payment stage opens tomorrow! Visit the Group Buy Site for more details!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

Our Group Buy payment phase is live! Pledge today for your wide 17" ARC-8's!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

Hurry and sign up today! Only 3 days left to join this Group Buy Deal!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    We’re just a day away from this deal closing now. We know there’s enough interest to make this project possible, but most of you that haven’t joined yet seem to be making one critical mistake; you’re assuming it benefits you to wait and watch the deal before you join. Here’s why that’s self-sabotaging, and why you should complete your pledge right now:

Group Buys aren’t auctions, or market prices that fluctuate. Watching and waiting only hurts you. You want to submit your pledge ASAP so that it can be combined with other pledges to unlock discounts. Without receiving everyone's pledges it’s next to imposible to unlock anything. If you’ve been waiting, don’t worry. You still have until tomorrow night to get your pledge in.

52 wheels are already accounted for and typically 50% of participants join in the last day. Luckily, only about half of those who haven’t pledged yet would need to do so still to reach the 100 wheel production threshold.

Simply take 3 minutes to submit your pledge now. You’re not charged unless the deal goes through, and this deal only collects a $250 deposit at closing.

Matt C.
    APEX Race Parts

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    This Group Buy is now over. The deal did not reach the 100 wheel goal which technically means we did not reach the production minimum and the deal gets cancelled, but with the effort that's been put into this project, we've decided to move forward with production and hold the extra inventory to make this small production run possible.

We're calculating color splits now. The public does not see color choices besides the first finish, and with us moving forward with production we will produce a second finish.

We've reached out to everyone who pledged at $125 and gave them the opportunity to get "on board" and receive a set of wheels at the free shipping tier. Monday will be the last day for those members to convert their pledge to on board, and then we'll announce the final colors Tuesday.

-Matt C.

My Cars
    99' 323is, 99' 328is
    Any updates as to when these will be going out?

She's built like a steakhouse but handles like a bistro

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by JimsR View Post
    Any updates as to when these will be going out?
    These should be available by July 30th

-Matt on behalf of Eddy