Thread: Lights wont turn off

My Cars
    BMW 750Li E66

Lights wont turn off

Im at my wits end now. I have also asked this question on another forum, but no solution yet.

On Monday, en route to hospital, I aquaplaned did a full 720 degrees and clipped the back wheel on the kerb, nothing much happened, but the engine did stop. It restarted just fine and I continued my journey.

The problem I have (which might just be a coincidence) is that when I take the key out, and open the door, I get a double gong and a check control warning 'parking lights on' and indeed they are. No matter what position the switch is in, they wont go out. Also, I cant operate the fog lights, or the dashboard dimmer. the boot release button and parking brake button work fine though.

has anyone come across this before? No fuses are burnt out, and cant see anything wrong.

My Cars
    750li X3
    Hey buddy , I am experiencing the same issue. Im still trying to learn thr cause of thisproblem . Most llikely is the Light module problem, but ive not dialognis it completly . Please share your experience if you find any solution. Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 750Li E66
    Quote Originally Posted by discosingh View Post
    Hey buddy , I am experiencing the same issue. Im still trying to learn thr cause of thisproblem . Most llikely is the Light module problem, but ive not dialognis it completly . Please share your experience if you find any solution. Thanks

Hi,

it turned out to be the rear off side level sensor, I replaced it with a new ebay one for about £25

you can prove it by disconnecting it, or them, one at a time, if its the level sensor, the lights will go out as soon as you unplug the sensor.

I have air suspension too, and had a fault for that stored

My Cars
    BMW 730d FL 2007
    Dear blinkblink. After four days of research and nonlogical experiences, your post helped me to come to solution. I had the strangest probles with lights, sometimes working, sometimes not, once it depleted my battery... At the end one sensor, which is not logical to the error died. All of forum members across the globe said, that the LM is problem. But how can the LM be the problem, when I fully disconect it, the dash still says the parking lights are on... Also one moment the switch starts working normally and the other moment it doesn't react at all. I knew it was a water problem, since this happened after pressure washing the car.

So thank you a lot for your post, I hope it will be useful to other members too. All the best.