Thread: Reefin Dude's e61 coding thread

My Cars
    08 535xit

Reefin Dude's e61 coding thread

I am going to be putting all of the different coding mods i have done in this thread. mainly for me to keep track of what i have done because several of the codes changed are different than what is easily found in these forums. I can not tell if it is because the 08 has the updated CCC so it made some of the codes a kind of combination between the earlier e60 codes and the codes used in say e90's and later e60's.

coding mods done so far:

shorten oil change interval
    mirrors auto fold on lock, unfold on unlock
    MView in HUD
    turn signals in HUD
    doors unlock on key removal
    fan speed indicator even in auto mode
    remove legal disclaimer from iDrive

so far all changes have been done using NCS Expert and Tool32. most of the software tools needed to do this are available for free, or included in the cost of getting the correct cable. this is not that difficult, but getting things initially setup can get maddening sometimes. if you are interested in getting into coding i suggest visiting the Diagnostic Software forum on Bimmerforums. plenty of info there for getting your feet wet with coding. This thread is mainly for references for where to look and what to change and not for how to actually use NCS Expert or any of these softwares.

i will provide thread links to places i have used to get the information for each of the coding.

G~
    E61 Mods: Trailer Hitch/wiring, Cargo cover roller fix, Backup camera, H&R springs, ER charge Pipe, Mishimoto catch can, boost gauge, intake scoop, JB+, CSR Rear Spoiler, Full SAT retrofit.
    Coded: legal disclaimer removal in iDrive, auto folding mirrors on lock, turn signals in HUD, fan speed indicator on when in auto, Doors unlock when key removed

E39 Mods: Euro dash conversion, Dinan exhaust, Dinan suspension with Camber kit, 2.81 differential, flappy paddle with double pull M mode activation/deactivation, backup camera, Video playback on Nav computer (iPod Video for video storage and playback), stereo video playback through DSP, MKIV computer, RPA Tire Pressure retrofit, Intravee II iPod integration, Euro armrest, HUD, Parrot BT, voice recognition module, trailer hitch/wiring, rear mounted 10" subwoofer with amplifier, lighted interior door handles, Evans coolant.

My Cars
    08 535xit
    Blinkers in HUD

NCSExpert:

load the HUD module within the CAS.

Change:

BLINKER_AUSSTATTUNG

from nicht_activ to activ
    E61 Mods: Trailer Hitch/wiring, Cargo cover roller fix, Backup camera, H&R springs, ER charge Pipe, Mishimoto catch can, boost gauge, intake scoop, JB+, CSR Rear Spoiler, Full SAT retrofit.
    Coded: legal disclaimer removal in iDrive, auto folding mirrors on lock, turn signals in HUD, fan speed indicator on when in auto, Doors unlock when key removed

E39 Mods: Euro dash conversion, Dinan exhaust, Dinan suspension with Camber kit, 2.81 differential, flappy paddle with double pull M mode activation/deactivation, backup camera, Video playback on Nav computer (iPod Video for video storage and playback), stereo video playback through DSP, MKIV computer, RPA Tire Pressure retrofit, Intravee II iPod integration, Euro armrest, HUD, Parrot BT, voice recognition module, trailer hitch/wiring, rear mounted 10" subwoofer with amplifier, lighted interior door handles, Evans coolant.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    How about seatbelt warning chime?

Passenger occupancy sensor that my roughly 20 lb dog sets off when it is fat but not when it is thin?

Interior alarm motion sensor that my dog sets off if I lock the car and go into the store quickly?
    Last edited by pbonsalb; 03-25-2016 at 11:11 AM.

My Cars
    08 535xit
    i think you should code your dog to be bigger. with a 140+lb dog these are not a concern. i have an e61 for a reason, and an e39 touring before that.

you could probably code the interior motion sensor to off, but then you would need to code it to on, if the undersized dog is not in the vehicle in the future and you care to lock the vehicle to keep that laptop hiding under the seat from getting stolen.

if you press the lock button twice quickly it should disable the motion sensor.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=573801

G~
    Last edited by Reefin Dude; 03-25-2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: additional information.

My Cars
    08 535xit
    M_View in HUD.

All three need to be changed to active. I have since deactivate this option, but will provide the information. i have lane departure and night vision on my vehicle and this mod takes away one of the programmable buttons. the mod thinks that there should be an M button and disables it for M mode. i have my only programmable button (the other is already assigned for lane departure) assigned to switch on/off night vision. the M_View HUD display does disable other HUD options. Blinkers are not available in M_view. M_View is turned on within the iDrive HUD settings, not in the M_View iDrive Settings. when in M_View mode it takes the vehicle a while to adapt to the engine in the vehicle. over time the HUD tach will calibrate itself.

NCSExpert:

load the HUD module within the CAS.

Change:

M_SPORT_HUD

load the CAPPL module within the CAS.

Change:

HUD_M

load the CAPPL module within the CAS.

Change:

MDrive

My Cars
    1998 528i; 2000 540i;
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefin Dude View Post
    I am going to be putting all of the different coding mods i have done in this thread. mainly for me to keep track of what i have done because several of the codes changed are different than what is easily found in these forums. I can not tell if it is because the 08 has the updated CCC so it made some of the codes a kind of combination between the earlier e60 codes and the codes used in say e90's and later e60's.

coding mods done so far:

shorten oil change interval
    mirrors auto fold on lock, unfold on unlock
    MView in HUD
    turn signals in HUD
    doors unlock on key removal
    fan speed indicator even in auto mode
    remove legal disclaimer from iDrive

so far all changes have been done using NCS Expert and Tool32. most of the software tools needed to do this are available for free, or included in the cost of getting the correct cable. this is not that difficult, but getting things initially setup can get maddening sometimes. if you are interested in getting into coding i suggest visiting the Diagnostic Software forum on Bimmerforums. plenty of info there for getting your feet wet with coding. This thread is mainly for references for where to look and what to change and not for how to actually use NCS Expert or any of these softwares.

i will provide thread links to places i have used to get the information for each of the coding.

G~

Which module has the parameters for auto-fold mirrors? How does one know if the mirrors have the motors for auto-fold? Would there have to be a button inside somewhere, or were all mirrors this way and I just have to code the option?
    gmak: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. A journey with my new-to-me 2000 540i

"Working on a BMW E39 is the best way to run out of time."

My Cars
    08 535xit
    There will be a button to the left of the mirror adjustment pad and slider if the mirrors are folding. that is the only indicator i know of.

this one is a bit more tricky than the others and i tried two different ways, and need to double check which of the two actually worked, or if both adjustments are needed. i will post the information when i am done testing.

G~

My Cars
    08 535xit
    Fan speed indicator while comfort system is set to automatic. I find this really helpful. The orange ring around the central fan speed dial will indicate the current fan speed of the system even when the system is set to automatic. normally in auto mode there is not a fan speed indicator.

NCSExpert:

load the IHKA module within the CAS.

Change:

GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO

My Cars
    550 E61

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Reefin Dude View Post
    Fan speed indicator while comfort system is set to automatic. I find this really helpful. The orange ring around the central fan speed dial will indicate the current fan speed of the system even when the system is set to automatic. normally in auto mode there is not a fan speed indicator.

NCSExpert:

load the IHKA module within the CAS.

Change:

GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO

Thanks for putting this info up, I'd been looking for this