Thread: 2000 BMW 540i - video of this extended beep sound when doors are unlocked remotely.

My Cars
    1998 528i; 2000 540i;

2000 BMW 540i - video of this extended beep sound when doors are unlocked remotely.

When I unlock the car using the remote (and all 4 doors unlock at the same time), after the car has been sitting a while, there is this extended beep sound that goes on for about 20 + seconds. If I unlock the car and it's been sitting for 5 - 10 minutes, there is no sound to greet me. I'm sure this is something under the control of an NCS parameter in either LCM or GM3 modules. Does anyone recognize this?

oops. fixed videp,

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting to think that it might have something to do with PDC. the reason is that it sounds like the sound I used to get when backing up - every third or fourth time. PO installed a Kenwood Head Unit (HU) and I suspect some Ebay PDC sensors (they're black while the car is Titan Silber) that may not be working. I've ordered some German-made ones in titan silver and they've shown up at my door (courtesy of Latvia - last bastion of capitalism, I guess).

Next week we're supposed to see temperatures up around 50F, so I may get out and check the sensors on the car - look for loose / bad wires. If it's not the sensors, then it's the controller - which is relatively inexpensive in a used variety.

IN the meantime, I'm going to get in the car and check out the PDC module again using INPA and then NCS.
    Last edited by gmak; 03-06-2016 at 05:15 PM.
    gmak: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. A journey with my new-to-me 2000 540i

"Working on a BMW E39 is the best way to run out of time."