Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing INPA Files - Error "Couldn't find INPA configuration file ...."

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    skip everything regarding ADS, even the ads setup.exe.
    Ok but my cable has a button for OBD and one for ADS...do I keep it on OBD? Im still getting the Net error-0009 timeout. Even with the older version of ediabas now. My obd.ini wasn't in the bin folder of ediabas so I moved it there. Also, in its settings under hardware it was set to USB....I changed it to OBD. Im close...but still not there yet.
    Last edited by Big Chaze; 11-13-2017 at 05:16 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Make sure that you have correctly modified the path settings in Environmental variables of Device Manager or Windows won't know where to look to find EDIABAS. If you are using INPA v4.4.7/EDIABAS v6.4.3, you don't need OBD.ini, it was introduced for versions of EDIABAS commencing with v6.4.7.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Make sure that you have correctly modified the path settings in Environmental variables of Device Manager or Windows won't know where to look to find EDIABAS. If you are using INPA v4.4.7/EDIABAS v6.4.3, you don't need OBD.ini, it was introduced for versions of EDIABAS commencing with v6.4.7.
    Inpa now shows both Black dots and Im able to read modules from the car....but dis times out with the error net-0009 and won't pass the api test. Does it have to pass this test inside of Ediabas via the configurematic menu? Im no longer getting any colored bars on the upper right hand corner of DIS. They were there before I got INPA working. Im using an ADS interface with the OBD button selected.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Everyone seems to have a fixation with the coloured bars on DIS but they are only applicable where DIS is installed in a workshop network - for our application, they should be off. If DIS doesn't pass the APItest, it means that there is a problem with the virtual network configuration or with the EDIABAS.ini file in INPA. See the DIS troubleshooting guide in post #800 on page 32 of the DIS Success thread here https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...6#post27153566 I will email you with a correctly modded EDIABAS.ini file for EDIABAS v6.4.3 and an OBD interface. Also, make sure that your antivirus software is off whilst running DIS as it can disrupt communication on the VM network.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Everyone seems to have a fixation with the coloured bars on DIS but they are only applicable where DIS is installed in a workshop network - for our application, they should be off. If DIS doesn't pass the APItest, it means that there is a problem with the virtual network configuration or with the EDIABAS.ini file in INPA. See the DIS troubleshooting guide in post #800 on page 32 of the DIS Success thread here https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...6#post27153566 I will email you with a correctly modded EDIABAS.ini file for EDIABAS v6.4.3 and an OBD interface. Also, make sure that your antivirus software is off whilst running DIS as it can disrupt communication on the VM network.

Now my IFHSRV32 stopped working. It won't launch after the editing the ini file ( I think)...Any suggestions? Im getting a net0016 host error in DIS after the edit. Before it was Net-0009 timeout.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Look inside your c:/EDIABAS/Bin folder and View EDIABAS.ini. If your computer doesn’t display file name extensions (e.g. .ini, .exe, etc.) but shows the file name extension on EDIABAS.ini, you need to rename the file simply as EDIABAS.
    Last edited by David Mc; 11-15-2017 at 06:29 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Look inside your c:/EDIABAS/Bin folder and View EDIABAS.ini. If your computer doesn’t display file name extensions (e.g. .ini, .exe, etc.) but shows the file name extension on EDIABAS.ini, you need to rename the file simply as EDIABAS.
    So I got INPA working again...although it barely does much for my e60 w regards to modules etc. lots of error messages and "IFH module not found" etc. Now DIS is giving me a diagnoses bus error "Communication between operating unit and diagnostic head is impaired. Error number 200.159. I hope my interface hasn't bought the farm. Before I was getting error "no diag head connected or found etc".

I notice theres no entry for diaghead in the ediabas.ini file inside of dis but there is in my ediabas.ini file in the bin folder. What gives?

My Cars
    Mini Cooper
    Hi, can help me please, I have the message when select R56
    Couldn't find INPA configuration file C:\EC-APPS\INPA\BIN..\cfgdat\R56.ENG

My Cars
    2002 525 Touring Sport
    By way of a thank you for the INPA Tools - AND instructions that actually work!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12