Thread: BMW of North America Announces Best Dealership Awards

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post BMW of North America Announces Best Dealership Awards

BMW of North America, LLC is announcing its annual Center of Excellence honors. We are pleased to award these 32 dealers as 2016 Center of Excellence winners. As a result of each Center’s excellent performance and outstanding service in 2015, BMW of North America has continued its success in the luxury automotive industry.

The dealers are measured against their peers on 11 Key Performance Indicators which include, Customer Orientation, Aftersales and Sales data. The data is then calculated to award the top 9% of the 340 BMW dealers based on their 2015 performance.

“It is both a great achievement and honor to be chosen as a Center of Excellence and I heartily congratulate this year’s winners on their accomplishment,” said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “In our business, nothing is more important than customer loyalty and these centers have proven they know how to delight their customers and keep them coming back. I hope they will proudly display their COE recognition and then enjoy the rewards.”

2016 Center of Excellence Award Recipients (listed below are in alphabetical order)
    1. BMW Concord, Concord, CA
    2. BMW of Anchorage, Anchorage, AK
    3. BMW of Austin, Austin, TX
    4. BMW of Cape Cod, Hyannis, MA
    5. BMW of Catonsville, Baltimore, MD
    6. BMW of Freeport, Freeport, NY
    7. BMW of Gainesville, Gainesville, FL
    8. BMW of Honolulu, Honolulu, HI
    9. BMW of Meridian, Meridian, MS
    10. BMW of Murrieta, Murrieta, CA
    11. BMW of Nashville, Nashville, TN
    12. BMW of Ontario, Ontario, CA
    13. BMW of San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
    14. BMW of Sudbury, Sudbury, MA
    15. Center BMW, Sherman Oaks, CA
    16. Crevier BMW, Santa Ana, CA
    17. Dave Walter, Inc., Akron, OH
    18. Flemington BMW, Flemington, NJ
    19. Hendrick BMW, Charlotte, NC
    20. Hilton Head BMW, Bluffton, SC
    21. Karl Knauz Motors, Lake Bluff, IL
    22. Long Beach BMW, Signal Hill, CA
    23. Momentum BMW, Houston, TX
    24. Pacific BMW, Glendale, CA
    25. Rick Hendrick BMW Charleston, Charleston, SC
    26. Rusnak BMW, Thousand Oaks, CA
    27. Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch, Highlands Ranch, CO
    28. South Shore BMW, Rockland, MA
    29. Steve Thomas BMW, Camarillo, CA
    30. Sun Motor Cars BMW, Mechanicsburg, PA
    31. United BMW of Gwinnett Place, Duluth, GA
    32. Weatherford BMW, Berkeley, CA

More...

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    I find it funny rick Hendrick bmw of charleston is on there... they are shady douche bags. My girlfriend bought a cpo car from them, and we drove it cross country, she took it into our dealer here in San diego, and they found that it had an aftermarket windshield improperly installed. They smeared glue all over the place messing up the a pillars. Dealer basically said they have to replace the windshield + a pillars because the glue leaked all over the place. She tried to contact rick Hendrick repeatedly, with no answer, she asked for a copy of her paperwork, and the cpo checklist, they never replied. She contacted bmw of NA, and they didn't respond to them either. Finally bmw of NA went to the Rick Hendrick regional management, and the dealer ended up covering the cost in the end. But that took several months, and should never have happened to begin with.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    540i6 S2M5 M2C 135 S52ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
    I find it funny rick Hendrick bmw of charleston is on there... they are shady douche bags. My girlfriend bought a cpo car from them, and we drove it cross country, she took it into our dealer here in San diego, and they found that it had an aftermarket windshield improperly installed. They smeared glue all over the place messing up the a pillars. Dealer basically said they have to replace the windshield + a pillars because the glue leaked all over the place. She tried to contact rick Hendrick repeatedly, with no answer, she asked for a copy of her paperwork, and the cpo checklist, they never replied. She contacted bmw of NA, and they didn't respond to them either. Finally bmw of NA went to the Rick Hendrick regional management, and the dealer ended up covering the cost in the end. But that took several months, and should never have happened to begin with.
    one time when I was in there I saw Rick Hendricks personal '80s BMW M1 (bad ass) he had it on display there for a few months...

My Cars
    97 E38, 00 E39 M, 15 F25
    Glad to see Baron in KC didn't make the list this year, maybe my complains to BMW NA made a real difference!? ?

MODS:18' Chrome M-Pars, 6000k Xenon Lowbeams and Chromelined Headlights, 01 Tails, Clear Corners and Side Markers, Boston G2 Sub and Gt22 Amp, Dinan CAI, 20% Tint, Hardwired Passport 8500i X50 Radar, Predator Chromium DDE Angel Eyes, Tri Stitched M5 Sport Steering Wheel, MKII Navigation Retrofit, Einbach Prokit Springs, Quad Brake Light Mod, Dice MB 1500, Powder Coated Valve Covers

My Cars
    e92
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
    I understand your frustration but that shit happens. The tech that did the CPO inspection MIGHT have missed the windshield. Sounds like it was done by an outside shop. That is a little crazy though what did the car have a water leak or something? If it is a large fast paced dealer I can see that happening as an accident. From my experience with dealers both inside and out, the main thing is how to people work with each other. Are the service advisors, fast talking door to door sales man or do they feel like real people when you are in there. That is a shitty situation. What happened to the original windshield though it was just in for an inspection?

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerDude3 View Post

I understand your frustration but that shit happens. The tech that did the CPO inspection MIGHT have missed the windshield. Sounds like it was done by an outside shop. That is a little crazy though what did the car have a water leak or something? If it is a large fast paced dealer I can see that happening as an accident. From my experience with dealers both inside and out, the main thing is how to people work with each other. Are the service advisors, fast talking door to door sales man or do they feel like real people when you are in there. That is a shitty situation. What happened to the original windshield though it was just in for an inspection?
    It's not so much the issue that it happened, it's more so the dealership just refused to talk to her, didn't reply to her, didn't send her a copy of the cpo list. Didn't respond to BMW of North America, Completely unresponsive. In the end bmw of NA went to the regional rick Hendrick management, and I will hand it to them, they did step up. But in this case a particular dealer won the award, and that dealer was the one that we had the issues with.

As for the original windshield not sure, my girlfriend went in complaining of wind noise.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    e92
    It probably was the Techs fault ultimately for missing it although it is a easy thing to miss, or maybe he even noted it and the sales department neglected to authorize the fix who knows. Thinks like that do get swept under the rug. Management is busy so a slight delay in response is reasonable but sounds like this was a case of upstairs not wanting to be bothered with it. Windshields pay well for techs. Wind noise was probably more noticeable at high speeds and might not have been picked up on a test drive as the tech probably wasn't setting the car loose on the free way. I am pretty young and never bought a car from a dealer but part of that reason is the headache of stuff like this. The other side of the coin is at these dealers you have so many morons that show up and make a fuss over nothing the honest people end up getting painted with the brush.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerDude3 View Post
    It probably was the Techs fault ultimately for missing it although it is a easy thing to miss, or maybe he even noted it and the sales department neglected to authorize the fix who knows. Thinks like that do get swept under the rug. Management is busy so a slight delay in response is reasonable but sounds like this was a case of upstairs not wanting to be bothered with it. Windshields pay well for techs. Wind noise was probably more noticeable at high speeds and might not have been picked up on a test drive as the tech probably wasn't setting the car loose on the free way. I am pretty young and never bought a car from a dealer but part of that reason is the headache of stuff like this. The other side of the coin is at these dealers you have so many morons that show up and make a fuss over nothing the honest people end up getting painted with the brush.
    Like I said, it was a bigger issue with non responsiveness. Both to us and BMWNA. I mean nothing for months, or complete run around. She asked for a copy of the cpo checklist to see if it was present on there etc.

As far as the cpo process, I realize it is just a marketing term more or less, but it is pretty obvious that it isn't an oem windshield, we missed it because we were in kind of a hurry, and figured with a cpo vehicle wouldn't have much to worry about. Live and learn.

My Cars
    2013 BMW 335i
    I'm surprised my dealership (used to be Sam Swope BMW...not sure what it's called now since the family sold the deal last month) isn't on the list.

I just bought my 2nd BMW from them (a 2013 335i). Friendly, knowledgeable, professional and efficient. They frequently have lease-turnbacks in stock with .09 finance rates and (relatively) low dealership prep fees. Always a wide selection of vehicles new and used and decent service.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci, '07 X5 4.8
    I'm not surprised my closest dealer is not listed. Three times straight they've quoted absolutely outrageous prices for parts. Like $3k for a drive shaft that I wound ordering here in the U.S. for a third of the price - oh yes it was brand new from guess who in Munich. Or $586 for a $60 radiator fan that I also got somewhere else for less than the OEM listed $60! I would've been more surprised if they were listed!