Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 1995 M3 Time Trial Build

My Cars
    Many
    My seat finally came in (Murray Motorsports in Ireland) so I installed it, along with a VAC Motorsports seat mount and new OMP Hans harnesses.

I was using the seat that came in the car with some expired harnesses. The seat were Chinese knock offs and VERY flimsy. I had installed a seat back brace to help, but I never felt safe.

This new seat is VERY comfortable and fits me perfectly. Also works well with my Hans.

Here are a few pics of the cleaned up, parsed-down wiring. I have some loom enroute to finalize that project.

The only stock wiring left in this loom is ABS.

The wires hanging here were for the brake light sending unit (which I was changing out). It's properly zip tied up and out the way now.

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Where did you mount the lap belts? I'm about to install my fixed back and 6 point in my E36 and it seems like it'll be tricky to get the backing plates installed on the door side, no access from the bottom AFAIK.

My Cars
    Many
    I used the VAC seat mount and their harness mounts (both submarine and side mounts). Well worth the $$ as I feel soooo much more safe now.

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...kit-p2303.aspx

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Thanks, I was looking at those earlier. Seems like a better option than drilling holes in the floor.

One thing I keep thinking is, should I be worried about making things like this myself? I don't see why I couldn't make a sub bar from 1/4" steel plate, and similar brackets to the VAC ones. Maybe someone smarter than me can comment on this.

My Cars
    Many
    There are some things I try to build myself and some things I leave to the "experts". Safety equipment I always leave to the experts.

My Cars
    Many
    I wasn't happy with the final result of the radiator cowl, so I made version 2.0. It's wider, shorter and notched to fit around the bumper supports better. Now, there is no gap on either side of it for air to escape around and get under the car.

Also painted it this time to have it blend in some more. This one is made out of my old business sign (alumalite).

My Cars
    Many
    Came across a great deal on a set of new, in the box/wrapper set of RHD individual throttle bodies for my car. I purchased them ahead of my original schedule to do the mod just because I saved a few bucks on the deal. I should have them in hand by end of next week but I still plan to wait until after my May NASA event before installing them. I am also on the list to purchase one of the first sets of MSPNP for OBD1 E36, which won't be ready until end of April. Would like to put both of these mods together and put her on the dyno for fine tuning.

This is the kit I picked up: http://racehead.com.au/products-page...50-52-itb-kit/

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I have been thinking about that kit for long. Very interested into how your install will go. Do you use OEM software to control engine? How you install those hoses that normally connect to underside of intake manifold?

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

My Cars
    Many
    RHD says you can use OEM ECU with these and keep the MAF. I plan to use stand alone without a MAF. The kit comes with a vacuum kit for all those hoses.

My Cars
    1992 325
    Where did you get the MSPNP from?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

My Cars
    Many
    DIYAUTOTUNE is having a group buy on the MSPNP. They are still developing it but it is expected to be ready April/May. There is a thread on this board about the group buy.

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Wow, that's cool. How do those TB sizes compare with the S54's?

My Cars
    Many
    The S54 throttle bodies are 50mm, these are 45mm. Lots of CFD on the bodies, runners, and intake box.

More info on the development here: http://www.m42club.com/forum/index.php?topic=18442.0

My Cars
    e36
    Awesome! I've been thinking about doing itb's forever, but never could justify the cost for something like the diblias kit. Really interested to see your results.

My Cars
    Many
    I will keep this posted updated with the install. Won't be tackling that until mid-May though.

My Cars
    Many
    Knocked out some more weight savings in preparation for the arrival of the new wing mounts. The deck lid has to be single skin for the wing mount to function properly so I just went ahead and gutted the whole thing.

Wing mounts (pic shown on Hard Motorsport's shop car)

Before

After

Some of what came out

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    You should put spring latches back there instead of using the factory lock/latch.

My Cars
    Many
    I used ones like this

[img]http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss77/slothead/bumper%20quick%20release/IMG_4949.jpg[/img]

and removed the factory latch.
    Last edited by darbyfam; 03-05-2017 at 07:45 PM.

My Cars
    323is Coupe
    Do you guys using the quick release trunks only keep your cars stored inside at all times? Just dont feel comfortable leaving car unattended outside overnight with no way or locking it if you're deleting the latch and lock assembly.. Curious of other peoples ways of keeping it locked up

My Cars
    Many
    My car is stored either in a garage or in an enclosed trailer.

My Cars
    Many
    Individual Throttle Bodies arrived today!!

Everything appears to be pretty high quality. Now if I can only find the patience to wait for the Megasquirt.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Looks pretty sweet!

My Cars
    Many
    Today I knocked out getting the rear shock mounts welded up (typical E36 failure) and started venting the fenders.

The offending part.

Offensive welder

Welded up

Painted up. Both sides were welded and painted

Fender venting in progress. Still needs some cleaning up and color matched paint (this is just a primer coat).

My Cars
    Many
    Started assembling the ITBs this afternoon. Everything is high quality with excellent fit between parts. Finish on the cast parts is a little less quality than the billet stuff, but it's all very nicely done.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Those are rather lovely. You should send them to me for test fitting until you need them in May!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast