Thread: 2012 e82/DCT with Dinan stage 2 software bogging out when accelerating from a stop.

My Cars
    '91 325ic

2012 e82/DCT with Dinan stage 2 software bogging out when accelerating from a stop.

i ran 4 searches related to the topic above and didn't find any decent results. if this has already been covered, i apologize in advance.

so, a few months ago, we bought a 2012 135i. it came with a dinan exhaust and dinan stage 2 software already installed. the car has DCT transmission since it is mostly for my wife to drive.

when accelerating from a stop, the car will almost stall initially and after about a 2-3 second delay, it will spool up and take off. the car only has 35,000 miles and still under warranty. it has been back to the dealership twice for this problem. the first time in, they removed the dinan software and reinstalled it. this made the problem more consistent but perhaps made it worse. i found that i can feather in the throttle a certain way and it will do a pretty decent job of taking off normally. the problem here is that: 1)its ridiculous that i should have to drive a fairly new performance car this way, and 2) stepping out into oncoming traffic with this car is well....a dangerous adventure to say the least. i took it back last week for the same issue. they are now telling me that they can't fix the problem and the only solution is to remove the software completely. i think they are full of shit and i am starting to get a bit upset.

anyone else with dinan software on an n55 have this problem? i was hoping to get some advice from a forum sage before i call dinan when they open up in a couple of hours.

My Cars
    z3
    Well, Dinan isn't particularly known to be the best source for tunes for these cars. I think they sort of missed the boat on staying up to date on turbo technology... so the tune itself may be part of it

I'm also curious if traction control has something to do with this? If you turn off traction control completely, how does it behave?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '91 325ic
    when we get it back from the dealer today, i will give that a try.

they have had the thing for about a week and a half now trying to solve the issue. i called dinan and talked to the technical service rep. he said there are thousands of n55's on the road running dinan software. he said that he had never heard of this problem before and felt confident it wasn't his software.

The "dinan guru" at north houston bmw talked to this factory dinan guy about the problem. after several days, they are now telling us that they can't fix the issue, the hesitation is normal for cars with dct transmissions. needless to say, i am getting a little pissed. the bmw service rep actually had the audacity to tell me that i should take it to another dealership to see if they have the expertise to fix the car. WTF?????

does anyone else with an n55 car and dct transmission experience a hesitation when stepping on the gas from a stop?

I have a a 2012 135i with DCT w/Dinan stage 2 software. I too have a slight hesitation when starting from a complete stop. Probably about a second in a half delay. I think that's pretty normal. It will be less if you have it in sport mode. Doesn't bother me since it isn't a daily driver.