Thread: Is there a difference between an oil change and the bmw oil service?

My Cars
    2001 740IL

Is there a difference between an oil change and the bmw oil service?

Is there a difference between an oil change and the bmw oil service?
    Crevier wants $148 for the "oil service". I looked at the website for Pacific bmw and they have a coupon for $58.88 for an "oil change". Is there any difference between the two?

I can't justify $148 for an oil change. $58 is worth it to me.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

My Cars
    325i
    oil change - change engine oil and filter.
    oil service - change engine oil and filter, change interior microfilter, check brakes, grease wheel centering hubs.

The oil service is the one that is done when your service indicator zeroes out. The oil change is for when you want oil changes besides what the service indicator tells you.

My Cars
    2001 740IL
    well at this time my car is due for an oil service. my indicator is just about to hit 0. I just wondered if anyone here knew if the oil change that Pacific bmw offers for $58 is the same thing as the $148 Crevier Oil Service. I was going to call Pacific and ask but they were closed for the Holiday.

Anyone know?

Thanks
    carlos

My Cars
    325i
    7qts of synthetic oil cost about $28. The filter is $7. The microfilter by itself is about $40. So you have $75 in parts alone. So, if you do it yourself, it will cost more than $58. Can't see how an oil service at a BMW dealer can cost $58. Besides, I don't think even the oil change at Pacific BMW cost only $58. It's probably for an oil change with conventional oil. Check your coupon. Does it say "synthetic oil additional" or "synthetic oil extra" on the coupon?

My Cars
    2001 740IL
    You are right the coupon says "Synthetic oil additional"

My Cars
    E46,EX35,Tacoma 4x4
    Hey, I called Pacific on this one before "too good to be true"...the low price is for regular oil...an oil change using synthetic costs over $100...but most of us prefer to go with the good stuff right? RIGHT!

My Cars
    Z3 2.5
    I have been getting Synthetic oil changes for $54 since I have had my car. At first I thought it wasn't Syn at that price, but I have confirmed twice now that it is. The oil service is not worth the price, just make sure you specify you want an oil change, not the "full" service.
    2001 2.5 Z3
    H&R/Bils Sport, ECIS Intake, E46 RSM's, WSM, Strong Strut CL
    Sharked, RE Underpulleys