Thread: To wrap bumper trim or not to wrap

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is

To wrap bumper trim or not to wrap

I have been back and forth on this for a year now, I really liked when the E39 went away from the black trim, it doesnt matter much on darker cars but it does stick out a lot on white and silver. Sometimes I want to other times I am just like leave as is stock. Then I came across this picture of someone selling a 740 and in the background I see a silver one just like my car wrapped. I really liked that look and its having me think about it again.

Thoughts?

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    It's all personal opinion. I think the E38 looks weird with body colored belt line trim. You can always wrap it and see if you like it. If you don't you peel it off and now harm, no foul.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrabMafia View Post
    It's all personal opinion. I think the E38 looks weird with body colored belt line trim. You can always wrap it and see if you like it. If you don't you peel it off and now harm, no foul.
    Agreed I like it oe black... if you like it then do it, its your car

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    I have come to the conclusion that all of the e38 trim is painted. I have one of my front pieces, the passenger side. That however I don't know as my car has been out of my sight several times this last year. But there is a spot close to the joint with the center piece that has a spot about the size of a quarter that is shinny, not flat. On closer inspection it shows that the flat finish is missing, not that something shinny was applied to the finish. Thus my conclusion that it is all painted.
    Last edited by TxDarth; 04-15-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is
    Yea I wish I could see one in person before I spent the money to wrap it. That pic is really the first one I have seen in my color. I am close to trading my car for a darker color lol but I put so much work into it with the guides and everything else it would be a waste.

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    I believe the OP was referring more to having them "body color" painted versus the flat black that they come painted in.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrabMafia View Post
    I believe the OP was referring more to having them "body color" painted versus the flat black that they come painted in.
    I realize that he was talking body color but the point I was making that all our trim is painted. It could be body color or flat black. I can see wrapping for the the short period of obtaining a "look see", however for the long term not very rugged out in the weather............
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDarth View Post
    I realize that he was talking body color but the point I was making that all our trim is painted. It could be body color or flat black. I can see wrapping for the the short period of obtaining a "look see", however for the long term not very rugged out in the weather............
    I dont know about that, my M3 has the chrome trim wrapped flat black and its been almost 3 years and still looks new. Many cars get completely wrapped these days and they hold up pretty well. I dont think I would paint them just in case I wanted to go back to stock.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    I guess that is a valid point - by weather maybe I should have said elements instead. I just know as careful as I am with cars rub strips always seem to get nicks, scratches, etc.... I have replaced 3 pieces of my belt molding down the sides because of "blemishes". Granted they were not bad and most people would have lived with them...... one was just dried wax that I could not get rid of.
    Last edited by TxDarth; 04-15-2016 at 02:10 PM.