Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z3 M leather seat options

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Coupe

lseat.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker507 View Post
    Anyone had any experience with this company? Prices starting at $299 a pair.
    https://www.lseat.com/products/1998-...SABEgJnEPD_BwE
    I just did my Wrangler with leather from them; they messed up the order (no contrast stitching), but refunded some money to make up for that. The fitment was rather good, except for the front seat headrests, which were a bit baggy. I just put the factory covers under to add some filler. Overall, quite happy, given the value.
    Sold: 98 M3/4/5 Techno Violet
    Sold: 07 Cayman S
    Sold: 98 Z3 M Roadster
    00 Z3 M Coupe: TC Kline SA, Vorshlag Camber Plates, 255/35/18(F), 295/30/18(R) on APEX ARC8's

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by weenerdog View Post
    Overall, quite happy, given the value.
    Looks like a compromise. Not an option for my car then.

My Cars
    1999 M & 2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by deni2s View Post
    Leatherseats.com made the best looking seats I had ever seen. Not mine, but it really looks awesome.

Attachment 562751
    Can anyone confirm leatherseats.com made this seat cover or makes something this good? This looks factory and perfect to me. Any updates on this? Thanks!

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3 & 14 allroad
    My leather is from leatherseats.com. It definitely looks factory. And they did it custom to my color spec, and without the cross stitching. I think it looks better without those. M seats, all leather, custom color and stitch. Here are some pics. You see a few wrinkles, but this was taken a few days after installation. Within a week or two, all wrinkles were gone and it looks perfect. I’d definitely use leatherseats.com again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1999 M & 2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by SounderMN View Post
    My leather is from leatherseats.com. It definitely looks factory. And they did it custom to my color spec, and without the cross stitching. I think it looks better without those. M seats, all leather, custom color and stitch. Here are some pics. You see a few wrinkles, but this was taken a few days after installation. Within a week or two, all wrinkles were gone and it looks perfect. I’d definitely use leatherseats.com again.
    Nice. Are those the premium leather or the standard automotive leather? I priced them out on the website with premium leather and it's under $900... Do you think the previous post showing M Roadster seat cover with the additional stitching was from leatherseats? I want this:

leatherseats.com covers.jpg

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3 & 14 allroad
    Mine is the standard leather, but I upgraded to the leather backs as well. I also got matching leather for the door panels. All together I think it was around $1100. It went together very well, and was pretty easy. One tip to make it easier is to cover the foam with plastic, like a plastic bag or the kind of plastic you get when you have something dry-cleaned. It helps the leather slide over the foam more easily. Then, I used a heat gun to help smooth the leather out after it was all done. And I parked it in the sun for a few days. That helped the leather to form-fit more effectively.

Now, it's been in the car for about 4 years. Honestly, I don't drive very often as its a summer car, but the seats still look like new, and it totally looks factory. I like the two tone look, and it gets compliments all the time. Unless you are a BMW fanatic, you wouldn't know that this isn't a factory color option. Plus, mine is non-standard because I replaced the standard seats with M seats. By not having the cross stitching, it looks more like the sport seats. I"m very happy with it, and would most definitely use LeatherSeats.com again.

My Cars
    1999 M & 2001 M Roadster
    I asked leatherseats.com and they discontinued support for the M seats. I have no idea why since they are custom made but time to find a new favorite supplier...

My Cars
    z3
    I can help make M seat covers but prefer them to incorporate my fabrics, otherwise theres no incentive for me to do it (I don't make money on them except for the 2 yards of fabric they use).

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    N/A
    Your limited edition art posters link goes nowhere. Keep forgetting to mention that.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Bummer about leatherseats.com no longer offering M seat skins.
    Sorry BimmerBreaker, but when it comes time to recover my seats, I want full leather and will pay for a custom set of skins if necessary.
    It's your choice, but I don't understand your logic of not offering full leather covers.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by workhurts View Post
    Your limited edition art posters link goes nowhere. Keep forgetting to mention that.
    D'oh. Ill fix it tomorrow when Im at a PC

Quote Originally Posted by CB750 View Post
    Bummer about leatherseats.com no longer offering M seat skins.
    Sorry BimmerBreaker, but when it comes time to recover my seats, I want full leather and will pay for a custom set of skins if necessary.
    It's your choice, but I don't understand your logic of not offering full leather covers.
    Its a lot of work for me to make the covers available and the only profit I make from them is from the fabric being used on them. I could do full leather but it would cost more and price already seems to be a sticking point for a lot of people.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Its a lot of work for me to make the covers available and the only profit I make from them is from the fabric being used on them. I could do full leather but it would cost more and price already seems to be a sticking point for a lot of people.
    Well, you should offer them at the higher price that would justify your work--either you get orders or you don't--just don't one until you get an order--no harm no foul.

My Cars
    04 330ci 6sp, 98 M Roady
    I agree. I like your seatbelt guide change. I have been quoted almost $1000 from the European company listed as an option on here. Problem is mine are the two tone black and estoril blue. No one has the EB. I have PM’ed you without a reply.

My Cars
    '97 Z3
    I purchased a set of tan M covers with perforated inserts from this ebay store around a year ago. They did not have this combination listed but after communicating with them. They were able to accommodate me. Shipping did take awhile due to the custom order but they were upfront with that. I work as an automotive technician and have done factory seat covers before but this was my first custom application. Overall finish of the product is decent. For the price, its hard to complain. Some stitching isn't the straightest. There are no holes for the trim, so you must cut into brand new leather. Yes, it was a little uneasy feeling. The seats I installed the covers on were not in the best shape. The cushions were were split in a few places, drivers especially. I am sure this is affecting the final finished product. As I said this was my first custom install, overall its decent. An experienced upholstery installer could probably make them even better. Overall, I am satisfied with the final product.
    IMG_20190515_171528_resized_20190515_063921116.jpgIMG_20190515_171537_resized_20190515_063919234.jpgIMG_20190515_171542_resized_20190515_063924736.jpgIMG_20190506_175546.jpg
    Last edited by nthor71783; 03-10-2020 at 07:19 PM.

My Cars
    00 M Roady '22 Lexus RC
    + I like the seatbelt guide delete.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    nThor, what exactly did you order? Is that genuine leather or full grain nappa? Also, it looks like you went for perforation, right? I'm considering these as I have a nasty split on my driver's side lumbar area. Are you still happy a couple months later?

My Cars
    '97 Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior9504 View Post
    nThor, what exactly did you order? Is that genuine leather or full grain nappa? Also, it looks like you went for perforation, right? I'm considering these as I have a nasty split on my driver's side lumbar area. Are you still happy a couple months later?
    I have had these for over a year now. For the price it is very hard to complain. The covers were about $440 shipped. The average is around $1,500. I would highly recommend having them professionally installed. I'm not sure of the grade of leather. They only market it as "real" and "genuine" leather. For the price, I'm sure it's not the highest. The company offered a set of tan base seats with perforated leather. They only had black and red listed for M. I emailed them and asked if they could do that combination on a set of M seats. They could and did.

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 COUPE 2.8

My Cars
    1999 Z3 M-Roadster, 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I can help make M seat covers but prefer them to incorporate my fabrics, otherwise theres no incentive for me to do it (I don't make money on them except for the 2 yards of fabric they use).
    I have used BimmerBreaker's repro fabrics to recover my seats because I found the original black leather uncomfortable and the old leather had a tear in the driver's seat. In particular I found the seats to be very hot even on moderately warm days here in Georgia. I went with a lighter color M-Cross gray. It breathes better and doesn't absorb as much heat from the sun making it much more comfortable than leather in my opinion.

BTW, these seats were sewn by a local upholsterer here in Georgia because BimmerBreaker didn't have access to an upholsterer that met his requirements at the time I had the work done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Another possible option. When I bought my M from an out-of-state source, I had them contract a local who re-dyed the right and left seat bolsters for $150 total. They were both badly scratched up from the previous owner sliding in and out. The seats turned out like brand new.
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

My Cars
    BMW X3 2006
    I have been looking for covers for my car for a very long time and could not find the right ones from sheepskin. I found a good guide for sewing leather goods here https://leather-toolkits.com/blog/ho...es-in-leather/ and decided to try to sew the covers myself. I want covers made of natural sheepskin, because it is a natural, luxurious, expensive and quite durable, wear-resistant material. But leatherworking requires complex skills and techniques, but I think I will succeed.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L
    Leatherseats.com doesn't make covers for sport seat any longer. Sad.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMc View Post
    Leatherseats.com doesn't make covers for sport seat any longer. Sad.
    Bummer. I was just starting to look for covers for a spare set of M seats I have collecting dust in the basement.

My beige Coupe DS seat is wearing badly on the bottom cushion bar, and the bolster just started to tear. It was on its last leg for the last 20k miles, and I was careful, but it finally gave.

I wonder, should I just have the M seats dyed? Seats are Imola/Black, but I have a beige interior that I've been slowly two-toning. I LOVE the covers in post #29, but no idea if dying the red to beige would turn out well. I figured going all black would be a lot easier.

OR, find someone with black seats that would want to trade for Imola, but that's a long shot.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12