Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N55 DP FIX, area74, we have a story to tell.....did we fix it? YES WE DID!!!!

My Cars
    m3

N55 DP FIX, area74, we have a story to tell.....did we fix it? YES WE DID!!!!

Hello Everyone

first I would like to thank Kevlar for giving us a tremendous welcome to this forum...thanks again Kevlar, you are first class.

I should explain first, as we have a bit of a story to tell in our endeavor for the N55 DP fix.
    It began around 9 months ago, when I was contacted by a member of another forum, he found us through our progress in o2 simulators.
    He indicated there was a real need for a simulator for the N55, and wanted to know if our current model would work (this was the iO2V2.0), so I sent him a sample, it of course didnt work....we felt a challenge at area74, right up or alley.
    So, I was intrigued and joined this particular BMW forum (I am not really the forum type, by the way). I asked for permission to start a thread and record our progress in developing the fix. We asked for long standing memebers capable of testing sample units for us, we wanted unbiassed opinions and create some trust within the community.
    We did find our tester, who has worked with us for months now, he has gone well beyond what anyone could ask for a volunteer....

Months passed, numerous samples and data were exchanged, the thread grew to the largest post on this forum. Members waited, some of them let me know they would check daily on progress, it was slow progress, 8 months of it......our development costs soured, but we wanted it, for e90 owners, and any BMW owner for that matter.

January 4, 2016, the iO2V3.0 was sent to test it on the N55, we wanted perfection, JB4 autoclear off and pass the DME check of the o2 and the Cat. We were looking for all readiness monitors to pass, period.
    January 18,2016, it was reported all monitors passed (except EVAP, not a worry anyway) CAT = pass, o2's =PASS. with JB4 autoclear disabled and DP (no cat) installed, off road test of course.
    We have the fix !!!!!!
    Shortly after, within a couple of days, the admins at this forum banned us.....

they banned anything close to the words area74, they banned me from messaging, and they erased all and every post related to our work.....8 months of it!
    gone in an instant!.....we were horrified, as we did this for you, BMW owners.......

we offered to sponsor said forum....we apologized....etc....the hardcore ban remains.

so, I contacted Kevlar....and explained everything as I explained in above....

and here we are.....Kevlar has welcomed us beyond belief....for all BMW owners.....we are here now. and intend to stay!

we have fixed the N55 dp issue, and we are more than pleased to release this on bimmerforums.com

thank you all, and thank you Kevlar....you are a scholar!
    AREA74

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    m3
    hello all.

what does this mean?

any N55, can now run JB4 or COBB, catless, with autoclear off.....and pass the readiness monitors, no check engine light. for off road only!

area74

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    S55 too I would imagine... right?
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    m3
    Not tested yet, but if it works for the N55, it should work for anything!

We modeled an actual cat (on numerous vehicles) to come up with a software solution, this is not an ordinary sim, it is a programmed processor
    ....the io2V3.0 will act like a real catalyst, it kind of learns if you will.....

please note, this is for off road use....
    area74

My Cars
    135i
    Sorry to hear what happened. But, I am looking forward to your contributions here and trying your product!

My Cars
    m3
    thank you Houtan.

we have felt a very warm welcome here at bimmerforums, a red carpet!!!!!!

to us at area74, Kevlar has shown a true example of support for BMW owners,.....

AREA74
    Last edited by area74; 02-01-2016 at 09:50 PM.

My Cars
    2011 335i E92 N55
    Where can I buy one?

My Cars
    m3
    Hi lyonsd

direct from our site area74.ca

hopefully we will have the install guide for the e90 available soon also, general instructions are downloadable from the site for the time being.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone

preliminary install guide for the N55 can be found here http://www.area74.ca/wp-content/uplo...PELIMINARY.pdf

check out our news page also, as we gave thanks to Kevlar...

AREA74

My Cars
    2011 335i E92 N55
    If it doesn't work, can I return it for a refund?

My Cars
    m3
    Hi lyonsd

it does work, and it works very well...

this was the result of the Jan 18 test, after 7 miles. autoclear off, catless
    N55-PASS1.jpg

However, we do have a refund process, as with any electronic device if it's hooked up incorrectly it can be damaged. Providing it is returned and passes the same testing done prior to shipping, we will offer a refund. Each unit is tested extensively through out manufacturing, and one final test prior to shipping.

AREA74
    Last edited by area74; 02-04-2016 at 06:31 AM.

My Cars
    2011 335i E92 N55
    I checked your web site. Correct me if I am wrong—you have a "universal" O2 simulator that works on any vehicle?

So EVAP fails. What is EVAP? And does that cause a "check engine" light?

My Cars
    m3
    Hi lyonsd

EVAP is evaporative emmissions, this test takes some time by the engine computer, the photo shows it is not ready yet (X) because it has not concluded all testing, EVAP has really nothing to to with the o2 or cat, this is a completely separate test done by the computer.

it is really the o2, and cat we were interested in seeing a pass.

UNIVERSAL,yes this was one of our missions.
    also, easy stealthy install, and a means of quickly checking if it is working or not (LED light)

and of course a quality unit with quality parts, its even waterproof......

check it out, is there any other electronic sim for a Dodge ? let alone an N55 at the same time. This took us nearly two years to develop....8 months just for BMW!

AREA74

My Cars
    2011 335i E92 N55
    Correct me if I am wrong, but you only tested it for 7 miles on a 335i (N55)?

If that is the case, I'm not sure that is a very good test. For example, I had a broken charge pipe, and I could sometimes go further than 7 miles before an error code would appear. It depended how I drove.

I would like to see a test of this on a N55 for a few days, under a wide variety of driving circumstances, including competition.

My Cars
    m3
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonsd View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but you only tested it for 7 miles on a 335i (N55)?

If that is the case, I'm not sure that is a very good test. For example, I had a broken charge pipe, and I could sometimes go further than 7 miles before an error code would appear. It depended how I drove.

I would like to see a test of this on a N55 for a few days, under a wide variety of driving circumstances, including competition.

no, no....we have logged hundreds of miles with the N55 (thousands with other vehicles), it passed in 7 miles....and continued to pass after...we didn't simply say oh great it works!

the cat test normally takes around 20 miles or so, thats with stock exhaust, stock cat.....I hope that explains it

keep in mind, we have spent over a year and a half developing and improving the io2V3.0 catsim.....

AREA74
    Last edited by area74; 02-05-2016 at 09:26 PM.

My Cars
    m3
    Hi All
    here is the more detailed install guide
    http://www.area74.ca/wp-content/uplo...G-iOS2-SIM.pdf

AREA74

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328i
    Area74,

Welcome. Followed your e90post development and congrats on overcoming the challenges. Can you transfer the captured logs to this forum? Very interested in the pre and post cat waveforms that you came up with to get the readiness to take. Also does this work on F series N55 or has it only been verified on E series?

My Cars
    m3
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtracks View Post
    Area74,

Welcome. Followed your e90post development and congrats on overcoming the challenges. Can you transfer the captured logs to this forum? Very interested in the pre and post cat waveforms that you came up with to get the readiness to take. Also does this work on F series N55 or has it only been verified on E series?
    thanks deathtracks

It should work fine for the F series, and work fine for anything. There has been a few units sent to F series owners, nothing bad reported.

Remember, we set out to create the best UNIVERSAL rear o2 sim there is, the N55 development helped us get there. The io2V3.0 Catsim is still 100% Universal, and the only one that can currently work for a N55 or a RAM truck or whatever.

as far as datalogs and scope logs for development, I can share some, but very little for obvious reasons.

AREA74

My Cars
    2011 335i E92 N55
    I just ordered one. I don't even have a catless downpipe yet. But if this works, I figured I better order one before they disappear.

Now to choose a catless downpipe...

Requirements: Not made in China.

Suggestions?

My Cars
    m3
    I just ordered one. I don't even have a catless downpipe yet. But if this works, I figured I better order one before they disappear.

Now to choose a catless downpipe...

Requirements: Not made in China.

Suggestions?
    thanks lyonsd

it's on the way!
    AREA74

My Cars
    135i
    Do you tap into the side going to the sensor or the side going to the dme?

My Cars
    m3
    Hi Houtan
    you can tap between the connector and the DME, this was the install method used by Kevin.
    01455332291.jpeg
    his full DIY in on the site.

My Cars
    2011 335i E92 N55
    Ordered on 08 Feb and it is now 25 Feb. 17 days. It wasn't returned, was it?

- - - Updated - - -

I should have checked the mail box before making the previous post. It arrived today.

I already have an AA catless downpipe waiting. So I plan to go to the dyno soon and then again after the downpipe is installed.

My Cars
    m3
    Ordered on 08 Feb and it is now 25 Feb. 17 days. It wasn't returned, was it?

- - - Updated - - -

I should have checked the mail box before making the previous post. It arrived today.

I already have an AA catless downpipe waiting. So I plan to go to the dyno soon and then again after the downpipe is installed.
    Hi lyonsd
    sorry for the slow shipping, Canada post isn't like USPS, and to add a tracking number is very costly....we have been trying to find options for shipping.

I am glad you got it, I know you wont be disappointed....

AREA74

My Cars
    2016 m235i
    EVAP is evaporative emmissions, this test takes some time by the engine computer, the photo shows it is not ready yet (X) because it has not concluded all testing, EVAP has really nothing to to with the o2 or cat, this is a completely separate test done by the computer.
    AREA74[/QUOTE]

Isnt the purpose of an o2 fix so you can pass local emissions testing so you don't have to take off your down pipe every time? This would not work in Pennsylvania because of the evap not in ready state. Are you working on a fix for that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast