Thread: WTB: E31 Phone with bracket for center console

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125

WTB: E31 Phone with bracket for center console

Stupid me, sold the original phone that came with my 95 CSi and now I want to restore it to the grand old days of BMW elitism! (for looks of course, I don't expect it to work in today's iPhone world)

So I'm in the market for an original phone or the most modern variant that could be fitted to the car.

I recently pulled out the Parrot Asteroid and replaced it with a superior sounding CD43 Business Radio which sounds terrific!

Please PM or email me if you have what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Taylor
    taylor (at) taylorpatterson (dot) com
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    91 850i 59k
    I wanted to do the same and used a phone from 98 750il. Amazingly it's plug and play and it's even working (no calls obviously)
    There is one on eBay now....no affiliation.
    91 850i 59k

My Cars
    95 840Ci
    I have the phone you want. Recently removed from my 95 840Ci
    aldedmon@yahoo.com

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Thanks everyone for help with this little project. I was able to find a little newer motorola phone and cradle from an E38 for $30 bucks on eBay. Here is what the cradle looks like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E39-E38-...RSUyyd&vxp=mtr

Right now it fits right into the E31 armrest slot, just sits there and actually looks pretty OEM. But it does not 'snap' in (not secure) because I am sure that I am missing an adapter cradle of some sort still. Seems like part #2 in the realoem pic is what I have bought on eBay and judging by the reamoem prices it looks like I stole it!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=84_0071

Does anyone know what part I need to be on the hunt for as a cradle-for-the-cradle or 'under bracket' of some kind to ensure secure fitting?

Thanks in advance,
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    not enough
    Not sure what you need exactly, but that it may have to be custom bracketry. I do know this bracket has been used as an OEM accessory for the e31...but as part of the Individual program. If memory serves its a green US spec 840. I'll try to dig it out.

I like this bracket bc it mounts the phone flush to the console instead of it popping out. You have any pix of your set up so far?
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    Disco II 850i MERs 750il
    I'll see if either of my 750's have what you are looking for. If so, I'll post pics.

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Here's what I'm looking at. It's a Motorola phone from an E38 of the same decade.

In the first pic, you can see it actually looks ok just floating in the current slot that has a black plastic trim piece installed. Actually the hole without that trip piece looks ok too. I am thinking my only option (other than hunting for the actual E31 OEM phone and bracket which sits up much higher) is to trim the back side of this phones mount to fit. But then there would be no 'clip' or way to ensure it stays flush with the hole, which is the goal. Unless I were to try installing part #4 from realoem: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=84_0863

which may provide the 'platform' i need to not only lift it flush but perhaps prove a way to screw it down to the tray floor?

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by taylorpatterson; 02-11-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    not enough
    aha! it was David Hockney's 850CI which had this phone bracket....Individual in British RAcing GReen and a bunch of 1 off goodies.

http://www.8er.org/forum/showthread....-David-Hockney

- - - Updated - - -

just remembered that may be in the limited access section...here are some pix.

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Quote Originally Posted by CaifanSC View Post
    aha! it was David Hockney's 850CI which had this phone bracket....Individual in British RAcing GReen and a bunch of 1 off goodies.

http://www.8er.org/forum/showthread....-David-Hockney

- - - Updated - - -

just remembered that may be in the limited access section...here are some pix.

Yes that's what I'd like to achieve so I was thinking if I just had some bracket under there that took up the space, I could mod the cradle to fit into the opening OR find the correct part for an E31... anyone know the part number per chance? RealOEM doesn't have all of the phone/cradle options for the E31
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    Disco II 850i MERs 750il
    My e38's have the pop-up small flip Star-Tac phones. Not what you are looking for.

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Thanks Steve, driving the CSi into work today (and fricken loving it of course) with AC/DC blasting over my recently installed, superbly sounding CD43 Business Radio... I came to the conclusion that I will modify the existing cradle to slide right in with no gaps, and then affix a removable under bracket that will keep it at just the right height to make the phone flush like in the picture.

That is if it stays in my garage long enough. The 'market' is getting more interested lately.
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    not enough
    if possible, please do a write up on what you do! I wanted to look into this eventually because this looks by far the best out of the OEM cell set ups. Even if it's just for looks

My other projects:

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Quote Originally Posted by CaifanSC View Post
    if possible, please do a write up on what you do! I wanted to look into this eventually because this looks by far the best out of the OEM cell set ups. Even if it's just for looks
    Will do!
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2