Thread: Ordering an M2

My Cars
    911 turbo

Ordering an M2

I am looking to purchase an M2 and was surprised by was I was told by different dealers. I have been told they may just get one car and will sell it to the highest bidder! I was also told that it is $10,000 above MSRP, I can place a deposit but they have no time frame on when a car could be delivered? I am new to these approaches! Any input? Recommendations? How many cars will they make? All the one I found were already defined and all had dual clutch. I am a die hard stick shift!

My Cars
    BMW E46 320i

Ordering an M2

Sucks to buy cool cars in America thanks to ADM.

Personally I'd wait. They haven't said what they're doing interns of production.

Paying that much above msrp defeats the point of the car and its price slot and power level. Might as well get manual base m4.

But rumor has it at least 10k per year for next 4. Maybe even a LCI update and CSL model!

They are only limited options to choose from, manual being one and only 4 colours so you could probably stumble upon your ideal car somewhere eventually.

There is a M2 discussion board somewhere where every detail has been discussed at length.

Phone lots of dealers and try and order a car.
    Last edited by Logan175; 01-24-2016 at 10:12 PM.

My Cars
    911 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan175 View Post
    Sucks to buy cool cars in America thanks to ADM.

Personally I'd wait. They haven't said what they're doing interns of production.

Paying that much above msrp defeats the point of the car and its price slot and power level. Might as well get manual base m4.

But rumor has it at least 10k per year for next 4. Maybe even a LCI update and CSL model!

They are only limited options to choose from, manual being one and only 4 colours so you could probably stumble upon your ideal car somewhere eventually.

There is a M2 discussion board somewhere where every detail has been discussed at length.

Phone lots of dealers and try and order a car.
    Thank you.

My Cars
    '01 740il, '02 330CiC
    Quote Originally Posted by stisseront View Post
    I am looking to purchase an M2 and was surprised by was I was told by different dealers. I have been told they may just get one car and will sell it to the highest bidder! I was also told that it is $10,000 above MSRP, I can place a deposit but they have no time frame on when a car could be delivered? I am new to these approaches! Any input? Recommendations? How many cars will they make? All the one I found were already defined and all had dual clutch. I am a die hard stick shift!
    I am in the Vancouver, Canada market. I have been conversing with the sales GM about an M2 order and attending the European Delivery Tour, which includes track time and a drive from Germany down through Austria and Italy and on to Niece. Then they trailer your car back to Germany and ship it back to your dealer.

The dealer has not applied any pressure or suggestion about limited stock availability and has quoted what I understand to be the Canadian list price CAD$61,xxx or so, with only a handful of options available (automatic, upgraded stereo and one other thing, can't recall). My wife and I are seriously discussing buying and going on the tour, but unfortunately the tour is wait listed. They are being flexible about signing up and if a slot doesn't open up I can cancel the car order.

I really wanted the car in a dark red and would have considered paying the money for a custom paint color from Individual but they don't offer it on the M2 (at the moment anyway).

I don't know why dealers are playing games in the US market. Try another dealer in a larger center?

-Jeff
    Buying an E34? Make sure you do a Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI)!

My 10 page E34 customized PPI: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...hlight=E34+PPI

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." -- Nora Roberts, American Author

My Cars
    04 330ci
    That's crazy OP. Might as well get an m4 at that price. Can't you get one made to order with with specs/color you want at msrp?

My Cars
    2011 328i sedan
    Have been on a dealer wait list for months and just got a call that I can have a 2017 M2 built in September and delivered in October for $1500 above MSRP. Should I wait or do it?

My Cars
    2016 428xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanskar View Post
    Have been on a dealer wait list for months and just got a call that I can have a 2017 M2 built in September and delivered in October for $1500 above MSRP. Should I wait or do it?
    It all depends on the dealer, to be honest i think 1500 over msrp is a deal! I was at the 2 dealers in my area, one said they were receiving 2 cars, the first was bid up close to 12k over msrp, and the other they aren't even getting but still have 15 people with down payments who will never see a car. The other dealer sold the car they got for msrp but only to local customers, and then just received another build that they will be selling at msrp as well. I've talked to other places that are marking up 5k and then bidding over that with other buyers. Its basically a crap shoot finding the right dealer.

My Cars
    E90 M3, S54 Clown shoe
    Lack patience? I saw EAG has 4 for sale, low miles for sure. Wonder if they are starting up with M2s like with Z3M coupes.

"If you go backwards through the Pearly Gates in a giant fireball, that's a cool way to die." -Richard Hammond

My Cars
    M2 on order
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanskar View Post
    Do it!

Here in Australia a reasonable spec M2 goes for the equivalent of USD$87k so it seems way higher than north America. Might explain why we could still get them until recently - now sold out. I put down my deposit two weeks ago for delivery January, probably got lucky timing wise. Dealerships were all w4nkers in the city. I went to a country dealer and had a great experience and price.

There are now none left and already adverts popping up trying to sell them $20k ABOVE list!

My Cars
    '01 M5 '82 320i
    I had the same experience. Dealers telling me they can't get them, they sold all their allotments, or put a deposit on an allotment and get on the wait list with no timeframe.

My Cars
    2001 530i
    I was at weatherford BMW in Berkeley today and they had one at msrp I asked about the price and they said it was 10k over but the salesrep didn't know why it was at msrp

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '01 M5 '82 320i

My Cars
    99 323Ci, 98328i verts
    Unless you have money to burn and truly dont care, or you know up front it's going to be a freaking rare unicorn like the 1M, paying additional over MSRP is silly. Within less than a year, you should be able to find any particular kind you want. Especially if you widen your net. Especially if you widen your net. Airfare to anywhere within 500 miles should be pretty cheap. Email 8-10 dealers, MSRP or dont bother responding. I just looked, there are 16 dealers within 100 miles of Great Falls. A few hours in a car is far better than 10K out of pocket. Dealerships count on the Gotta Have it First crowd to line their pockets. So, spread your search or wait about six months, once the pipeline has time to fill up. On a hot new car, I wouldnt expect to pay less than MSRP, but I certainly wouldn't pay more

My Cars
    Dinan M3, Porsche 930 (heavy mods), Mercedes Benz 400E (light mods)
    This dude "just got a call" in January/February for a production date of September? That sounds fishy. More likely, the dealer has no slot now, but expects to have one by maybe July/August. And then add $1500 to the bill to boot. I call bs, on both the existence of a slot now for a September build and on the $1500 surcharge. I got mine at MSRP, late October/2016 build. Got it by calling around and finding a dealer who had an allocation right then. The rest is history, and I'm driving it now. Many, many owners have bought at MSRP.

My Cars
    E30 325IX
    If your looking to buy one, try this site:

https://www.autolist.com/listings#bo...r=price%3Adesc

I found the best deal for mine on here. If your fortunate enough to order one and somehow luck out on not having to pay above msrp then you should probably play the lottery haha.