BMW of Bloomfield
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '95 BMW 850CSi - 1 of 225 in US - Cosmos Schwartz with rare Lotus White interior

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125

'95 BMW 850CSi - 1 of 225 in US - Cosmos Schwartz with rare Lotus White interior

SOLD.

Car mileage: 141,000, Engine mileage after 2004 engine-out rebuild: ~27,500

ALPINA like performance, without the ALPINA cost. VIN: WBSEG9329SCD00166

This is a rare, no compromises car of limited production. Only 225 ever shipped to the US and the lowest BMW production engine (S/70B56) ever built. If you already like the 8 Series CSi and are in the market for one that you'll love to drive, it's going to be hard to find one this nice. As close to the M8 as you will find on the road, the CSi was the company flagship of the nineties. This 1995 BMW 850CSi is a stock looking sleeper with the original 12-cylinder engine. The car is well sorted, reliable, and very fast. The car has never been repainted, and there is no evidence of any rust or prior accident repair. The engine is further modified with Schrick camshafts, headers, and larger throttle bodies. The suspension and brakes have been upgraded to match the increased power. It is a cool super coupe with a great look and tastefully executed performance modifications.

The car sports a few highly desirable cosmetic touches. Everything is reversible. The dashboard is in excellent condition and the steering wheel has been upgraded to a handsome MTech 3-spoke wheel. A short shifter is also installed. All gauges, warning lights, and other electronics are fully functional.

Under the hood the S70 V-12 installation looks very tidy. The factory S/70 engine was given a comprehensive, engine-out $15k+ rebuild 28,000 miles ago and includes a number of upgrades that improve performance from stock, including Schrick camshafts, headers, and a DINAN chip. The most recent Mustang Dyno results in December 2015 were 362 RWHP translating to approximately 433hp at the crank. More importantly, the torque curve is flat as a table - there is lots of grunt in any gear at any speed. The car feels stronger and has a bit more grunt than standard CSis.

The suspension has been upgraded with Eibach springs, front and rear Greg-K sway bars are installed, and all suspension bushings have been recently replaced. Brake pads and rotors have plenty of life left, upper Wokke-built spherical control arms are recent. The differential is a 3.45 ratio unit upgraded to 50% lock. There are no warning lights of any kind.

Back in 2004, it was all over the Internet, all about the great work the previous owner (Greg Tessier) had commissioned Bullet Performance to do on this car. Bullet Performance took the whole engine apart, replaced everything that needed it, and put in key sleeper performance mods that took the car to the next level. This is one of the best documented, cleanest 850CSi in the US and is in excellent condition inside and out. A recent smoke test in October 2015 revealed absolutely NO leaks in the case or intake. The interior smells like new, has never been smoked in and has always been adult driven only.

This car turns heads everywhere it goes, and has a commanding presence about it, especially the wonderful Spitfire whine of the starter. This is a California driver's car, always garaged, never exposed to snow. It's value will only continue to rise over time.

The combination of near-stock looks with seriously enhanced performance improvements in this car is compelling, and the quality of the engine rebuild and overall upkeep shows impressive attention to detail. This car has been detailed in BIMMER Magazine twice (in 2005 and in 2015) and won numerous awards, including Best in Meet at the 2014 SoCalVintage BMW meet in Los Angeles. All the heavy lifting has been done for you. There is no deferred maintenance. All you have to do is buy it and get it as far away from me as possible before I change my mind.

· Custom built 3.45 50% lock Limited Slip rear differential – feels 1000lbs lighter
    · K-Bars Adjustable Sway Bars – Reduced body roll/under steer = better cornering
    · DINAN fixed camber plates
    · Eibach Springs – lower ride height, high performance profile
    · Bilstein HD Shocks/Strut Inserts – the right combo for comfortable but responsive driving
    · 19″ Hartge Classic Type C wheels
    · Braided stainless steel brake lines – fast stopping power
    · Eismann Exhaust – sounds awesome!
    · Upgraded sound insulation in body panels
    · OEM CD-43 BMW head unit and Harmon Kardon 320 watt power amplifier – sounds awesome!
    · Recovered front seat upholstry with matching Lotus White leather and custom Euro piping
    · Installed Comfort Blinker – Cars built after 2000 usually come stock with the ability to tap the blinker once and make the blinkers blink 3 times. This is a modification which adds this capability to the car.
    · Added brushed aluminum door lock pins – Slick, easy upgrade giving the car a refined look.
    · Added ///M steering wheel – This is a 3 spoke European M wheel with ///M hand stitching.
    · Installed Compass/Homelink review mirror – Man what a convenience! All modern BMWs come with Homelink for your garage doors. I took a modern rearview mirror with the compass and Homelink feature included and re-wired it so it would fully operate in this 1995 car. Everything works, the alarm LED, the autodimming, the compass and the Homelink.
    · Added rear fog lights – Required in Europe and useful for helping drivers behind you see your rear tail lights in foggy conditions. Also useful for keeping tailgaters off your rear end anytime of the year.
    · Double Hazard Flash module – this is a custom built, one of a kind module that makes the hazards flash in double time.
    · Regular oil/filter changed religiously every 3,000 miles
    · Replaced OEM alternator cable with upgraded PhoenixMotorSports’ extra insulated one
    · Replaced Catalytic Converters
    · Added service bulletin additional relay to prevent premature battery drain
    · Replaced all rear bushings and wishbones
    · New coils, caps and rotors, alternator, belts, air and fuel filters, and O2 sensors
    · Recent fuel injector cleaning and reconditioning - fuel delivery is perfect
    · Pentosin filters & fluid flush
    · Optima Yellow Top gel-cell deep cycling batteries – Sealed and spill proof so no checking your electrolyte levels anymore. 3 times the life! This is THE battery recommended by enthusiast E31 owners
    · Added Phoenix Motor Sport rear shock tower supports
    · Rebuilt headlight adjusters
    · Rebuilt charcoal filter
    · Reupholstered headliner
    · Recovered rear sunshade shelf
    · HID lighting (low beam/fogs), ///M Sport Mirrors, Complete trunk tool kit.
    · Tap-to-signal Comfort Blinker, double-blink hazards, and rear fog lights.
    · Complete documentation since new. Car cover included.
    · Every switch and button works - all operational like new.
    · OBC LEDs are 100% (recently replaced), no missing bits or bobs.
    · New windshield and gasket - sweet!
    · New A/C evaporator core and check valve. Vacuum tested - no leaks, blows ice cold after refill!
    · No broken plastic, torn gaskets, torn upholstery, no missing plugs or screws - the car is perfect.
    · Plenty of brake left but I also have a complete brake set (new rotors, pads, sensors) available for sale separately.
    · The 6-CD changer in the trunk works but is not compatible with the upgraded OEM CD-43 head unit.
    · Some minor clear coat thinning on the driver's side arch, barely visible unless you look for it
    · Front has some road rash typical of a car with this history.
    · Otherwise the original paint is in fantastic shape - has been wet sanded, cut and buffed to remove factory orange peel.

A lot of people comment they don't like the wheels. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I do not have the original wheels for this car. It came to me with the Hartage Classics and they have grown on me so I haven't bought replacements. If you want original, you can find M Parallels or Throwing Stars at places like FCPEuro: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...22-36112227933

AWARD WINNING CAR:
    · SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2014:Best in Meet
    · BIMMER Magazine 2005: “Cosmos Cool: 850CSi
    · BIMMER Magazine 2015: “Object of Desire: 850CSi
    · Cover: 2011 E31 Calendar
    · San Diego Clean Car Contest 2011: 1st Place Super Clean, Best Interior, Cleanest Engine, Best Trunk Overall
    · Winner: People's Choice Award at 25th 8-Series Anniversary: Best 8 Series

Last edited by taylorpatterson; 11-25-2016 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Price drop
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    GLWS. Near perfect car.
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    01 M5, 93 M5, 94 525iT
    Way out of my price range but that is the one! B E A Utifil car!
    Tommy L.

(
    oOO \ (IIII) (IIII) / OOo)

-o- (##########) -o-

2001 BMW M5 LMB
    LHD Euro
    Bilstein PSS, Black Kidneys, Dinan Rear Anti-sway Bar, Matte Black Style 65, UUC SSK w/DSSR, Alpine iLX-007, Alpine MRV-F 340 Amp, Boston Acoustics Pro components, Alpine MRP-M450 Amp, Infinity Kappa 102.7W Sub x2

Current Garage:

1993 BMW M5
    1994 BMW 525i Touring 5spd
    2004 Ford SVT Lightning

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    bump
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    91 850i - 97 e36 m3 Euro
    Great 8 example,Bump.

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeplstctrees View Post
    Wow man, just wow! This baby is probably more effective at improving one's mood than a SSRI! I might be able to afford this beauty a little later in the year, I only pray that it's still available when I'm in the market. I'll have to settle for a 911 if I can't have this, but this is more beautiful, tasteful, and special than any 911!
    Thanks fakeplststrees. I need to move this car so I'm considering all offers. Multiple eBay offers in the low fifties so far as well as parking lot offers above that but I'm looking for something in the ow sixties to let her go to the right person.
    Last edited by taylorpatterson; 06-21-2016 at 10:47 PM.
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Replaced the original temp sensors in the back of the engine today. New spark plugs going in tomorrow... Just because. I have a problem. And can't stop proactively replacing stuff. Because I like to take stuff apart and put it back together better than before...

Please someone stop me and buy this car before I keep replacing stuff!!!
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    840+S550 AMG+CanAm RS-S
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorpatterson View Post
    Replaced the original temp sensors in the back of the engine today. New spark plugs going in tomorrow... Just because. I have a problem. And can't stop proactively replacing stuff. Because I like to take stuff apart and put it back together better than before... Please someone stop me and buy this car before I keep replacing stuff!!!
    Hey Taylor...I need to change the temp sensor that regulates the temp gauge inside the car. Do you have the P/N. I realize that it may be different for the 840 but I'll check to make sure.

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris99 View Post
    Hey Taylor...I need to change the temp sensor that regulates the temp gauge inside the car. Do you have the P/N. I realize that it may be different for the 840 but I'll check to make sure.
    Hey Ron - man I don't know that V8 the way I know the V12, when I looked for where it is on the V12, I found only plugs in the rear coolant manifold:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_4951

I found a temp sensor right in the thermostat housing though:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_4950

It's called a "Double Tempurature Switch" and provides input to the DME and the other sensor drives the tempurature gauge in the cockpit.

But if you're looking for the temp sensor that can control the IHKA in the car, that is inside the box itself. See the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    840+S550 AMG+CanAm RS-S
    Im pretty sure it the double temperature switch. I know the V8 is a little foreign to you but I knew you steer me in the right direction! Thanks!

FYI- Hopefully you won't forget about your 8 brothers after you sell your car! ?

My Cars
    2001 7-S62, 2002 X5 S2,
    Sexy!
    2001 | DINAN 7 Sport | S62 Swapped 6-Speed
    DINAN Springs & Exhaust | 750 Brakes | M-Pars | Monsoons | NBT Nav/Radio
    Dual Pane Glass | Black & Sand Int.

| 750iL | AlpineWeiss III

@scotthduke on Instagram

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Wowzers! Very nice!

My Cars
    540i6 S2M5 M2C 135 S52ti
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyparts View Post
    GLWS. Near perfect car.
    amazing

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    bump
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    bump
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Replaced the heater core while I had the dash out to take a look at the IHAK unit. Shampooed the carpet underneath the center console, re-wrapped all the wiring harnesses with new black cloth tape, replaced the worn IHAK foam with a new soft dense foam that should be indestructible now, and flush mounted the OEM phone. Looks super period correct now...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    Heater core is a huge job! That should go a long way for finding this a home.
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    New windshield and gasket was installed today. Looks sweet! Went with OEM, the real deal.

Safelite let me compare the OEM to the after market side-by-side before installation. The after market had no pre-installed rear view mirror mount (OEM did of course) and was a quarter inch smaller in all dimensions, than the OEM, which means there's no guarantee that the gasket would have properly sealed to the body all the way around. And with a quarter inch of movement, no guarantee it would have been perfectly centered. Glad I spent the extra bucks to make the real thing happen.

Advise - if you care about your Eight, it's worth the extra money.
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    1996 BMW 850CI
    How much for the Oem plus installation? Thanks.

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Quote Originally Posted by moonfresh View Post
    How much for the Oem plus installation? Thanks.
    about $936 bucks. $750 of it was the parts cost including the new gasket.
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    06 ZCP M3, 02 M5
    Gorgeous car. Enjoyed both the Bimmer articles. And I'd say, pretty damn cool of you to be continuing to provide useful info in your FS thread! So here's a bump.

I've got two M cars, neither of which I want to part with. Otherwise I'd do something crazy, like make you an offer. GLWS.
    BLUE HEAVEN:
    Interlagos 2006 M3, AutoLogic tune, K&N CAI, Agency Power midpipes and exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, ///M Pedal Kit, UUC SSK. MRegistry listing here
    Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Tech Graphite, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Conforti/Shark tune. MRegistry listing here

My Cars
    850ci
    As the prior owner of the car, all I can say is that this car needs nothing. Whatsoever. Keep it up Taylor!
    1997 Cosmos Black 850 Ci somewhere on PCH.

My Cars
    not enough
    bump for a great car!
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Car is sold to a really great guy. He will be here next week on business and to see the car in person before shipping it to Denmark.
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 09 Caddy SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorpatterson View Post
    Car is sold to a really great guy.
    Congrats! Replacement, R8 or Aston???
    1993 850Ci.....18 years & 165,000 miles and counting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast