Thread: Does an E65 NewABS Module need to be coded to vehicle? Confusion on the E65

My Cars
    2006 750i

Does an E65 NewABS Module need to be coded to vehicle? Confusion on the E65

I put in a new ABS module to a 2004 745i. I don't believe that it needs coding since the module isn't available in NCS expert. Attached is the info screen in INPA for a 2006 750i, which has a working DSC module and the 2004 745i that has a new module. I believe the problem that I'm having is a wheel bearing and not a coding issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    As far as I know, a new DCS module has to be coded. The only modules I've gotten away without coding are the amp, cd changer, and MPM in an E60. Maybe a RDS module on certain models. Everything else had to be coded to the vehicle.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2006 750i
    White94RX, Thanks for your reply and input. I received a reply in another forum that a DSC module, either used, or new will self code in an E65. I know you have to code it in other models but I believe the E65 self codes. You turn the ignition on and then off and clear the codes. I'm trying to get more feedback to see if this is the case because I'm leaning this way. There is no way to code the DSC in NCS expert because the DSC module isn't listed but I can communicate with it when I use INPA. If you look at the UIF on an e65 it looks just like the one I posted. I can also see my VIN in INPA and when I get a report of all modules I have no codes in the DSC report.
    Also, Have you ever had a wheel bearing stop communicating with the speed sensor? As soon as I drive 30 feet the ABS lights comes on and I can see that the right rear isn't moving in INPA. Does anyone know the readings in OHMS that I should be getting from the speed sensor plug?

My Cars
    Bmw e66
    Quote Originally Posted by fratan View Post
    White94RX, Thanks for your reply and input. I received a reply in another forum that a DSC module, either used, or new will self code in an E65. I know you have to code it in other models but I believe the E65 self codes. You turn the ignition on and then off and clear the codes. I'm trying to get more feedback to see if this is the case because I'm leaning this way. There is no way to code the DSC in NCS expert because the DSC module isn't listed but I can communicate with it when I use INPA. If you look at the UIF on an e65 it looks just like the one I posted. I can also see my VIN in INPA and when I get a report of all modules I have no codes in the DSC report.
    Also, Have you ever had a wheel bearing stop communicating with the speed sensor? As soon as I drive 30 feet the ABS lights comes on and I can see that the right rear isn't moving in INPA. Does anyone know the readings in OHMS that I should be getting from the speed sensor plug?
    Hi did you ever figure out this problem?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Swap the positions of the sensor clear faults recheck, if the fault returns to right rear than it is a default, meaning it's probably the dsc module and I have never seen a self learn dsc module ever and I've been in the bis for 20 years

My Cars
    750 F01, 850i, LR3 HSE
    The DSC module for the E65 is self coding 100%.