Thread: The E39 Off-Topic lounge ***NO PROFANITY***.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by philly98540 View Post
    oooof Snotty that sucks big time. Glad your not hurt, but as Jax said, whiplash and its effects can creep up in the next few days or weeks. Be mindful of that.

Bad omen in the air with tours these days. F-in endless aweful rainy September on east coast is messing up the mojo everywhere. And very odd on that front wheel. Maybe tire peeled off as GG said, but that lip peel is strange for sure. The carma of setting the plans on getting the next green tour, then boom on your existing car.... wow.
    Yeah! It is definitely surreal, wanted to see the two green wags together. Hey I can still do that when I get Jax’s, but it just won’t be the same. I was too busy to goof off and check out the wreck today, when I finally get the time to mess with it, I’ll have to get a tow truck to drag the thing into the shop on a weekend. That rear wheel really blew apart!!! The whole section still bolted to the hub completely broke off from the hoop!!! The rollback driver had a hard time getting the car on and off the truck, I’ll call a buddy with a regular wheel lift truck to move it in and out of the shop for me so I can dismantle all the good stuff. Sure never expected to end that car that way, all you guys that love your cars head out there and give them a hug then drive the piss out of them!
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    05 330i
    Damn, almost on the two year anniversary of sliding mine into a guardrail.

All that matters is that you're ok. Everything else is just material, sucks to replace because $$ but no amount of $$ can replace a life
    05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by justinca540i View Post
    Damn, almost on the two year anniversary of sliding mine into a guardrail.

All that matters is that you're ok. Everything else is just material, sucks to replace because $$ but no amount of $$ can replace a life
    I just saw a gold 540 yesterday just like your old one out here in Alexandria! Don’t see too many of those! StephenVA’s wife has an immaculate gold E39, but it’s not a 540, it’s a 528, but man, it looks like brand new, interior smelled like a new E39, the leather was nice an supple, well cared for, just as his M5 and X5 are.

You know, I’m 50 years old, be 51, end of October, shoot, that’s exactly in a month. You go around doing all the crazy crap that you do, hell, I did, and still do, you start thinking that you’re bulletproof. Speeding around on motorcycles, riding crazy trails on mountain bikes, rock climbing mountains so you can tie up and rappel back down, jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, <<< Not doing that anymore, the guy instructed me is now paralyzed and married to a wheel chair because of it, but man, it put the FU in FUN!!!! Goofing around in airplanes, sometimes making the plane do what it wasn’t designed to do, lol, one of my favorites, playing with firearms! But that, I do with great respect, same with the flying bit, when we screw around, we do it above 3 to 4000 feet, have a lot of room to recover, goofing around on Internet forums..... anyway, you go around thinking that you’re untouchable, then a stupid accident happens and reality sets itself back into your senses. I was looking at the car on my lunch break with a bunch of the guys I work with yesterday, I know it was a bad hit, but hearing all their comments made me think more into what could have happened, don’t forget, we work in a collision shop, we see this stuff everyday, I am very lucky!!!

My Cars
    z3
    I have nothing to contribute really, glad you are ok, but man, pink floyd rocks.

I also always read that lyric and think how funny it is now that NASA has literally set the controls for the heart of the sun with one of their probes

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I have nothing to contribute really, glad you are ok, but man, pink floyd rocks.

I also always read that lyric and think how funny it is now that NASA has literally set the controls for the heart of the sun with one of their probes
    Went out flying yesterday, mostly out in West Virginia, beautiful country, but didn’t have signal in most areas we were at, phone killed itself searching for signal. But it was nice to get my mind off of the murdered wagon. One of the highlights of the day, landing at a friends private airfield, pulling out our AR’s and blowing off a few hundred rounds. Was the third Saturday Cars and Coffee I missed all summer long, but it was worth it.
    And yes, Pink Floyd does ROCK!!! Favorite band since I was a kid.

My Cars
    02 bmw 540
    Glad you are ok Snotty! Damn that sucks, sorry about your wagon!

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyf540 View Post
    Glad you are ok Snotty! Damn that sucks, sorry about your wagon!
    Hey thanks Manny! Yep, sad ending to a great car that served me very well. Lots of it’s parts will live on, getting another green wagon in a couple of weeks should help me feel slightly normal again, lol. Still have the 540, but I’m Leary about driving it, 130,000 on the clock, have to think about getting the guides done soon. Driving it around today, noticed an exhaust manifold leak. E39’s....

My Cars
    540i6 S2M5 M2C 135 S52ti
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Cool video.
    I'm not sure on that diff BUT the new GM LSD diff have hydraulic controlled clutches to vector power to which side need it more. Was reading some reviews last week, sounded sweet.
    Sounds perty sweet... much better than the “braking the wheel that DOESNT need the power” thing Power robbing heat machine...
    Cleaned off the track car this past weekend
    IMG_7309.JPG
    Well I actually just hosed it and cleaned the wheels... also wired up some POS Bose Cubes I had given to me into the car from a 5.1 compact surround receiver in the Sub type college kid setup.... a setup my COllege neighbor gave me when moving out lol... it can actually power the bose cubes... I also have a pair of Altec Lansing computer speakers and “Sub” using that word very loosely, running in parallel and attached to a hands-free Bluetooth receiver about the size of a quarter and Velcro’s on… The receiver is pretty cool as you could use it to run Bluetooth to any sound receiving device eg. Vintage system etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2003 525i
    When you're shopping at a convenience store with Steven Tyler in the hills of Hollywood.

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by freethrowdunk View Post
    When you're shopping at a convenience store with Steven Tyler in the hills of Hollywood.

Dude looks like a lady,

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5Touring View Post
    Dude looks like a lady,
    Yeah! Yeah!
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    When I lived in MA I'd run into some of them and their wifes' (before they were divorced), some of the band lived in the next town.
    Would see Joe Perry at the German Car Day with his Audi R8.

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    That's right they have a rep for living down south shore. Don't they (or didn't they, maybe not anymore?) own a restaurant down there? Joe Perry maybe?
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Yes, one of them was a part owner a resturant in Norwell center.
    Did you ever see the newspaper story about Joe Perry's Ferrari catching on fire at a gas station in Scituate?

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Ha ha no..! I'll hafta google it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that was easy! Looks like it was Joey Kramer (but really, who honestly knows the name of any Aerosmith members other than ST/JP?)

Pretty funny. He tries to make out he made no mistakes but he was gassing up w/ engine running... so... yeah still shouldn't happen, but, not exactly "spontaneous combustion" like he tries to say...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joey-kramer-ferrari/
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    The restaurant was Mount Blue in Norwell center, ST and JP were part owners. It was pretty good.
    They sold their part of it a few years ago.
    Think the original band members were ST, JP, TH, and RT. BW replaced RT back in the early 70's.
    My oldest son had almost every CD they did which is about the only reason I knew this much about them, other than some of them living in Marshfield and Duxbury.
    Also a music teacher friend of ours had some of ST kids in her class.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5Touring View Post
    Dude looks like a lady,
    lol Exact thoughts.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    The restaurant was Mount Blue in Norwell center, ST and JP were part owners. It was pretty good.
    They sold their part of it a few years ago.
    Think the original band members were ST, JP, TH, and RT. BW replaced RT back in the early 70's.
    My oldest son had almost every CD they did which is about the only reason I knew this much about them, other than some of them living in Marshfield and Duxbury.
    Also a music teacher friend of ours had some of ST kids in her class.
    I miss places like that. Back in the ‘90’s, Mick Fleetwood had a cool rock and roll/jazz bar and grille out here in Old Town Alexandria, right on the Potomac River. Was a really cool place, great live music, awesome food, and the yuppies that usually hung out there weren’t so uppity in their yuppyness. Met Fleetwood a few times there while he’d be in town, cool guy. He closed it down sometime in ‘98 or maybe ‘99, I think. Memory is a bit hazy.... I was a totally different beast back then.

My Cars
    z3
    We had Alice Cooper's Cooperstown in Phoenix... but that closed last year

My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Kiss, Gene Simmons and members have Rock and Brews in ABQ.
    Nice sports pub with lots of TV's and good tunes.

My Cars
    are rusting away
    A lesson I learned from replacing glow plugs on my E39: torch + old crusty oil + penetrating oil = fire. I've never ran faster getting water. Leaky valve cover gaskets are a bad thing, and valve cover gaskets are a pain to replace on a diesel since it requires the removal of injectors, which can be a pain if they're stuck in there. So I've been putting it off until I get my hands on injector pullers, but I wanted to replace the glow plugs because last winter I had some trouble starting the engine at -15°C. I am not going close to that engine with an open flame again. At least not before some serious power washing.
    Last edited by MehMan; 10-18-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    Live slow, die whenever

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Saw Gary Clark Jr. again last night here in Hollywood. The first time was last year when he opened for Clapton and also how I became acquainted with him. Man, what a talent! Glad, too, that unlike some of the handful of classic rockers whom I idolize who are more or less close to their death beds, Gary's still quite young and will likely (hopefully) continue jamming for decades more to come!

My Cars
    03 540iA/16 435 F33
    Happy Thanksgiving E39ers.

My Cars
    2000 BMW E39 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by scubajim20 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving E39ers.
    Likewise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    It's quiet in here.

Page 285 of 341 FirstFirst ... 185235260275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289290291292293294295310335 ... LastLast