Thread: DME firmware, problems with EWS + engine rattling?

My Cars
    BMW E46 1999

DME firmware, problems with EWS + engine rattling?

Greetings to everyone, I’ll start everything in order, who has encountered this and who can help with anything)
    1) E46 car, 1999. sedan, engine m43tu19, automatic transmission GM 4-speed.
    2) a mini capital was done, so to speak, maintenance, a reservation - the car did not consume oil and did not smoke, the cylinder head gasket was blown (washing the head until it shined, replacing valve stem seals, replacing hydraulic valves, the camshaft and its bed without scuffing looks good, I did not pull out the piston, replaced the connecting rod bearings for prevention, the connecting rods and the knee are free of scuffing, replacing the timing chain kit once it’s used, the sprockets are still in good condition - the internal combustion engine has been serviced, so to speak)
    3) Before me, the DME and EWS unit was changed - I still don’t understand why, they installed it from a touring car with a manual one, I flashed the DME with the factory firmware with the option bezkat. It is also not available as an automatic transmission option (DME units are the same). Now REINGOLD reads the question and sees the old VIN and pulls the blocks that are not in the car (in the DME block the VIN was changed to his own) - how to spill everything else with only your complete set so that the left blocks are not pulled into the diagnostics?
    4) Something rattles under load when accelerating, it emits a strong knocking sound into the cabin, if you rev ​​the throttle at XX, you can also hear this sound skipping, and the internal combustion engine at XX whispers like a baby (not counting the dead rollers of the genes), diagnostic number 2 is turned on D and set to handbrake and keep the speed at about 1200-1300, as if putting a load on the internal combustion engine and you can hear this drumming sound, we dive under the car in turn with a friend, one presses the gas so that you can hear the gibberish, the other listens from below and here there is an anomaly from under the car, there is no such knock at all (( (I’ve already broken my head. I’m attaching a video with this sound in a stationary car, one in the car, another outside the car and one while driving, I don’t know where to dig anymore

https://youtube.com/shorts/ESglxxkPA...9IXDVnMhuQVtqS
    https://youtube.com/shorts/45mXmTi_H...ZK8eY58HlbYEsS

and who else can tell me where to look for a decryption or description of encodings by block, who is responsible for what? I will be very grateful for your help (MRS2.C07, EWS.C81, IHK_E46.C02, GM5.C01, KMB_E46.C03, LSZ.C27)
    Last edited by Bitovskii; 11-17-2023 at 02:03 AM.