RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Violated.....now wont start

Violated.....now wont start

Help, 318ti. Got into an accident, after body shop guys left my car out so i could pick up after work some bastard stole my throttle position sensor, battery and mass air flow valve (the one connected to the air-inlet). this guy evidently new what he was looking for 'cause nothing was ripped off and he/she went for specified parts. My problem is i bought all these parts from the dealer and installed them but car won't start. At first it started but ran horribly for 5 mins even without the parts. Now, it won't start at all. The body shop ran my car low on fuel while they were fixing it....but i've put a couple of gallons in to eliminate the "no gas" issue. help!!! do i have to reset something?

Okay.....problem solved. Evidently, with all those "air" regulating components missing the car was gettin way too much fuel. Compound this with the fact that the car had 60,000mi on the original plugs and the fact that i was pumping the gas pedal like crazy when i was trying to start it, the plugs were fouled to sh!@. i bought a set of NGK's and she's purring like new. You would think though in this age of "fuel-injection" that this wouldn't happen, never happened to any of my honda's/acura's. Anyways......all's well, that end's well.

Pat