Thread: Any Twin Supercharge Kit

My Cars
    M3

Any Twin Supercharge Kit

Ive been interested in adding some boom to my lyfe.

Seeing the Hydemotor kits and stuffing the expensive AF m122h or TVS. Noticing the eaton kits and thats theres basically no short about m90s anywhere to be had.
    Has anyone tried fitting 2 of the smaller displacement chargers in a twin charged setup?
    I could find a couple m45 whenever I want and run 1 for each bank.. Wouldnt that net more boost with less parasitic losses and less heat and alot more headroom out of the blowers displacement vs half the engine diaplacement? Or am I thinking of this wrong?

The 3megasquirts practical with such a setup?
    I would just blow money on a activeauto kit. But shit... 7k for 150h.. Id rather have it be servicable and realistically replaceable.
    Z's are for old men too afraid to drive fast anyway.

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    I was gonna mess with m90 a while ago, I think that was the last thing we talked about. I ended up running into bad money probs and just used them for exhaust experiments. Sorry to see you havent progressed either
    I literally read this and remembered i still had 2 long snout m90 laying around.. I figured why not if not now that I have a built motor to work with finally. I hacked off the inlet down about 5". Worked out pretty good. Shouldnt have a problem fitting it in now with some flatening and a bolt on inlet. Only took me like 4 years.

By what I calculated before on a 3l.
    With a 2.75" charger pulley on the 5.5" accessory pulley,. With the 90% m90 ve at 14k, a 3l .8ve (i guessed). Should hit peak boost at 7k. Were at 500ft elevation which is 14.4psi. We should get 20-ishlbs boost/power out of just 1 m90. Obviously an intercooler would be ideal as they get 🔥. Realistically. An m90 with a spacer should beat the piss out of those $7k kits. I got an extra m90 to float if you want in exchange for your RnD time? Still in stota i presume?

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    Kick that. I forgot to count for boost dropping the efficiency.. With an intercooler it should be a really good 10-12lbs. And thats not overdriving it either.

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    Nobody would recertify these machines after somebody screwed with them without any visibility into what they did.

HONK! HONK! Clown car coming through!

-Oakdizzle

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up

Guys, there is no way. The M45 is 700cc. its good for a 4 cylinder but if you want more power even 3 or 4 of them wont come close to a single M122H. not just due to displacement but overall efficiency and all. Just flows a lot more CFM and the boost output can be upwards of 20PSi or so. You would be lucky to see 3 psi per M45. Our ~1.5L SC14's see 6-9PSi if pushed and its a older design.

That said something I would ask is why twin charged? Why not just a massive blower? A turbo + SC kit has been done using the M1 type. I can understand if you mean 2 M122H would still be 4L vs more than a single 3L blower.

The M90s and the older ones on the other hand just wont cut it for really high hp. And no wont get 20ibs from a single M90, we have a M90 kit. Its the same size blower as an SC14 more or less. Boost is not just boost, you don't want just hot air, you want efficiency, the more you try to pull out of those blowers the efficiency drops like a brick. Hence the bigger blower, more advanced technology and efficiency.

That said we have the M1 kits currently on a discount due to having no stock of the manifolds, the new Rev 4s are a few months away. that said the M1 is the largest kit ever built for these machines, its meant for high hp & boost and still very competitive.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 07-15-2020 at 05:02 AM.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??