Thread: Bosh 36lb injectors wont fit M52 Fuel Rail!

My Cars
    One Too Many

Bosh 36lb injectors wont fit M52 Fuel Rail!

I got the bosh white giants 36lb injectors but the bloody things dont fit my M52 fuel rail because they dont have the grove where the clip should clip on, So... how are you people using them? I tried cutting groves but they were not accurate, so rather use the clip its meant to use, whats the clip an where do I get some?

- - - Updated - - -

Also if anybody can tell me if these Green 42lb ones would fit instead?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-FUEL-INJEC...VVgU0F&vxp=mtr

- - - Updated - - -

I modified them with a hacksaw to fit... there is some bare metal showing, hopefully wont be a big issue?
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    2000 540i SC'd | 2001 M5
    Those injectors in that listing are not Bosch Green's.

Regardless however, some injectors only have one groove on the lower side it seems. I'm on an M62 and my fuel rail has clips that require the upper groove too, but it runs just fine without the clips. It really depends on the ports. If you can wedge them in there correctly and make sure they don't get stuffed on either side, you should be fine. My suspicion is the clips are really only there to take the entire rail off with the injectors rather then having them get stuck in the manifold and leak fuel everywhere.
    Sold: 2000-BMW-E39-540i/Biarritz-Blue/Gray-Interior/DSP Sound.
    Engine/Drivetrain: VF-Engineering (Vortech V3 Si-Trim, 3.25''/6'' Pulleys/Tial QRJ -1.5PSI/Bosch Green Giants),Manifold,Magnaflow 16858 (Dual Exhaust/X-Pipe),High-Flow Cats/S62 Clutch & Plate/AEM 320 Fuel Pump/TTFS-Tune/AEM Wideband/Boost Failsafe/E60 SSK/ZHP Knob/CDV Delete.
    Handling: ECSTuning Cup Kit (Koni Yellow/H&R 50464)/BF-Goodrich Comp-2 A/S.
    Cosmetic: Front & Rear M-Tech Bumpers/Finned Rear Diffuser/Piano Black Interior Trim/Style 37's.

Current: 2001-BMW-E39-M5/Carbon-Black/Silverstone-Interior/Sport Seats/Dinan Exhaust

YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Twitter

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    if the injector fits in the manifold and the rail without room for the o-ring to pop out of either the injector rail should be enough, it is for me anyways. However you have to bend the rail brackets a little if the o-ring does not sit square in the rail cup.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    I have a m50 intake manifold on my s52. As everyone knows that requires 2 small adapter plates so the s52 fuel rail can bolt to the m50 intake. I used 2 thick pieces of flat steel and a couple washers. This acted as a spacer and effectively lowered the fuel rail a small amount so it fit tighter onto the injectors. Start by using a tiny tiny bit of petroleum jelly on the injector orings. Insert the injectors into the fuel rail then insert the whole thing into the intake manifold. I was having trouble with injectors popping out and spraying gas all over until I did it this way.

My Cars
    1997 E36 323i Coupe
    I jave just got a set of white giants and plan to put them in a m50 manifold....im planning just to get a small file and fike the extra groove needed to clip tgen in place. To mimik the original injectors.

Anyone no any reason why this would not work before i destroy them

Or has anyone done this before and got any advice?