Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: E46 twin turbo 5.3 4l80e swap

My Cars
    e46
    It seems the driveshaft problem is finally solved. I ordered the same sonnax flange member unnatrl used for his build. The flange does not fit e46 m3 210mm diff. The e46 m3 diff has a bolt circle of 86mm and all other 210mm diffs have a 94mm bolt circle. I sourced an e34 540i flange that has the same bolt circle and swapped them out. Took my headers to a buddy to get wastegates welded on.After i get them back i will be going over everything twice and taking it over to get a tune.

Bov is mounted I'm place. The bmw power steering reserviour did not work it started leaking so I went ahead and replaced it, much better! Although ict billet does sell a bracket to place the power steering pump closer in to work with these type of headers. I found it after ordering the reserviour.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stix; 03-19-2017 at 10:07 PM.

My Cars
    88 Mazda RX-7 LS Swapped
    Nice work!

My Cars
    '00 540 6.0/4L80e/S480
    I'm happy to see that flange worked out! Can't wait to see some video.

My Cars
    e46
    Quote Originally Posted by unnatrl View Post
    I'm happy to see that flange worked out! Can't wait to see some video.
    Lots of videos as soon as it starts moving around on its own. Driveshaft should be here sometime early next week. Looking for a tuner right now to get it to idle so it can't at least move.

My Cars
    e46
    Haven't had time to update but i just had it towed to get a base tune. It is throwing p0106 map code and turning off till I clear the code. Really beleive tune is off, tried to test drive and it wouldnt up shift. It goes into reverse and drive and feels like it just stays in one gear. The mail order tune probably did not get the proper 4l80 segment swap. Quick vid. of the car moving on its own on my instagram page (@adrianmstix) when it wanted to cooperate. I should have it back at the latest by the end of next week if no issues arise.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 318is
    Any update on this?

- - - Updated - - -

And do you have a pic of the front end? All lights and all.

My Cars
    e46
    Quick update, working the bugs out has taken some time. I think most of them are taken care of. Big headache with the tuning situation. Finally had a tuner come over and get it running. Had a chance to test drive it down the road. Everything was good for the most part something is rubbing/ hitting the body. It might be the transmission gear shifter, it is really close. I will have to get under it this weekend and fix that. Then it should finally! be ready for a full tune.

My Cars
    99 M3, 03 330
    Any updates? Is it done?!

What did you do for exhaust from the turbos?

My Cars
    LS E46
    I’d really like to know what that PS reservoir is - I’m over the stock BMW one puking all over my engine bay every event.

My Cars
    Bmw E39 528i
    I would too like to know any updates on this build. And if you are terrorizing the streets in this beast.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345