Thread: BMW 850ci ASC+T Error

My Cars
    Bmw 850ci 1991

Question BMW 850ci ASC+T Error

Hi,I'm from Russia,my name is Alex.I think you can help me,please?
    I've problem with my e31 1991 850ci m70b50 AT
    I have lights on abs and abs+c. Modic shows error 18 - Plunger Accumulator pressure drop
    I've changed hydroagregat ,but its still don't work.
    So,can you help me with found themes about this problem in this forum with solution or photos?
    I have some problems with English, and I can't find any information about rebuilt asc+t hydroagregat or repair this system.
    I find a lot of themes about this,but they were without fixes
    Only in this forum i find a lot of problems solution about my car,Thank you!
    I ask to treat with understanding to my problem

Thank you so much

My Cars
    91 850i +++
    Hello Alex- Welcome to the e31 adventure. Check here http://wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/El...8%20Series.pdf

or here- http://www.wuffer.ca/index.php/downl...g-manuals.html

for the technical manuals.

There is an additional hydraulic accumulator on the ASC+T unit, a small aluminum can. There is no source for this part, at least here in the US. If you can find it over there, let us know. Code 18 just means you have a leak somewhere; you can try taking the ASC+T controller apart and replacing seals, but most guys end up buying a new one.
    How come the middle half of any project always takes the most time?

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    Hi Alex,
    When I had the same problem on my 91 with ASC+T, the ultimate fix was to replace the filter at the bottom of the Pentosin (hydraulic fluid) reservoir Item#11 here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=32_0086
    Lights never came back on. Cheap and easy and likely necessary as most folks dont even know there is a filter in that reservoir so its unlikely its never been changed.
    And a whole lot cheaper and easier to R&R than the hydraulic accumulator Max is referring to.
    Worth a shot!
    91 850 (Panzer), 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (WifeMobile) www.wuffer.ca

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv
    Here's how to replace the filter:

http://www.meeknet.co.uk/e31/BMW_E31...ter_Change.htm
    Timm..2007 E64 650i Individual Sport..1999 E31 840ci Individual Sport..ex owner of 2000 E38 740..1999 E38 740i V8 M62..1998 E38 735i V8..1993 E32 730i V8..1988 E28 518i

My BMW Repair YouTube Channel
    My Current 840ci Sport Individual
    My Current 650ci Sport Individual
    My E31 Repair and Information Website
    My E38 Repair and Information Website
    My E63/E64 Repair and Information Website

Chase - Heroes to a generation

My Cars
    Bmw 850ci 1991
    Thank you for your answers, I found a filter ASC+T around the oil pan at the bottom of the engine, the car has two filters? it is also necessary to change? I probably would have ordered both filters

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    No - the one at the front of the engine is a stainless steel filter and is cleanable. The filter in my earlier post is the one in the hydraulic (Pentosin) reservoir.
    91 850 (Panzer), 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (WifeMobile) www.wuffer.ca

My Cars
    91 850i +++
    If it turns out to be the filter, it's likely to look like this on your 91- http://bmw8.us/PSF%20Filter%20Replace2.htm
    How come the middle half of any project always takes the most time?

My Cars
    Bmw 850ci 1991
    Hi guys, sorry for my long answer, I just replaced pentosin reservoir filter and cleaned pentosin line filter.
    But it not solved my problem.When I begin moving ASC lamp blinks 1-2 seconds,and system working,and after it ASC and ABS lights on,and ABS and ASC doesn,t work...
    Maybe pentosin line filter is not installed correctly? Who knows what the line is inlet,and what is outlet?

My Cars
    1991 BMW E31
    Mine 91' 850i faced the same problem, ASC light came on and stay unchanged.

Wheel speed sensors all services and No fault reading.

Follow a guide that pressing ASC button and Brake Pedal before turning key to ignition would trigger the ASC Flash test.. ASC Light blinked indicated blink code 19 - Pressure Fault..

What can lead to that and i had change the filter in the hydraulic reservoir but ASC light remain on after engine started.

Check fuses 8, 17 & 29 Ok... Both pressure sensor resistance around 2-3.

This problem came around only recently after i changed both rear tyres.

What can be done to solve this problem ?

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    was this problem ever solved? How?
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    BMW E31 850i 6gang
    Hi guys, do you have anyone advice on how to disasemble the ASC+T unit ? And what i have to do after replace the pump. Is there some special process, bleeding etc??

My Cars
    E31
    Hello

Attached a picture of the internals of asc+t unit

20200515_173719.jpg

My Cars
    BMW E31 850i 6gang
    Hello and thank you for a picture. I have leak, right from connector of this pump. Does exist some set O-rings or i have to find one by one somewhere? Could you write something about process of remove ASC pump from car and what to do after instal pump in car? Thank you a lot once again and sorry for my weak English )

My Cars
    1994 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascpthook View Post
    Hello and thank you for a picture. I have leak, right from connector of this pump. Does exist some set O-rings or i have to find one by one somewhere? Could you write something about process of remove ASC pump from car and what to do after instal pump in car? Thank you a lot once again and sorry for my weak English )
    I'm having the same issue with my 1994 e32 740i i have a leak at the plate on the side of the unit electrical connector is there a seal or o ring to replace behind the plate

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    I just had to replace my ASC+T pump with a used unit from eBay.
    It is one of the few components that is rebuildable (there is at least one person in Europe who offers a rebuild service, but it isn't cheap!), but for which seal kits are not publicly available.

My Cars
    BMW E31 850i 6gang
    Hi, there is just one O,ring to replace. So you dont have to buy whole pump, just replace this o-ring and it will be fine. Good luck.

My Cars
    1994 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascpthook View Post
    Hi, there is just one O,ring to replace. So you dont have to buy whole pump, just replace this o-ring and it will be fine. Good luck.
    I have never done any work on one of these systems would you be kind enough to explain in detail how to perform the job please break it down in detail including the size of the O ring thank you so much

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    That is the whole point, no one has released the specs for the o rings that can be replaced.

You may have to take your best guess..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1994 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by petejk View Post
    That is the whole point, no one has released the specs for the o rings that can be replaced.

You may have to take your best guess..

I have a whole set of O rings im sure i can track down the size i need to know how to do it does it have to be removed from the vehicle or can i do it on the car do i need to release pressure etc I'm a novice when it comes to this repair just looking for the procedure thanks

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    Quote Originally Posted by vr117 View Post
    I have a whole set of O rings im sure i can track down the size i need to know how to do it does it have to be removed from the vehicle or can i do it on the car do i need to release pressure etc I'm a novice when it comes to this repair just looking for the procedure thanks
    Removal of the pump will be necessary. Not sure how your e32 compares, but to remove the pump on my e31 I first removed the master cylinder and brake booster.

Then disconnect 6 hard brake/pentosin lines and 3 bolts on two mounting brackets.

It’s a bear of a job.

My Cars
    1994 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by petejk View Post
    Removal of the pump will be necessary. Not sure how your e32 compares, but to remove the pump on my e31 I first removed the master cylinder and brake booster.

Then disconnect 6 hard brake/pentosin lines and 3 bolts on two mounting brackets.

It’s a bear of a job.

mine is leaking from the side plate I have read this plate can be removed while still on the car but no one explained how the did it