Thread: E46 convertible interior operating buttons stopped working

My Cars
    Focus > E39

E46 convertible interior operating buttons stopped working

Hi all,

The car is a 2003 euro convertible M3.
    I had the typical ripped cables running through the soft top problem: i.e. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=854059
    After we found the broken cables and repaired them, the actual control buttons inside the car stopped working (when you press them - nothing happens, the little lights next to the buttons do not light on.) The top/ windows do not respond in any way either.
    Using the key fob however, the top/ windows work perfectly.
    1. Inserting the key in the driver's door lock, i can lift/lower the top without a problem and the respective operational button inside for the top lights on during opening/closing.
    2. I can lower the top without a problem by holding the unlock button on the key fob. Holding the lock button does not close it however.

I don't see any error in INPA/ Reingold.

Help pls!
    Last edited by gateguardian; 11-05-2015 at 07:23 AM.

My Cars
    Focus > E39
    Any ideas?
    What's the difference between operating the roof through the door lock and operating it through the interior buttons? Different modules?
    Anything I need to reset?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 323Ci
    I know this post is almost 5 years old but I'm having a similar issue with my car and I was wondering if you ever got it fixed and/or know what the issue was. I would appreciate the help so.