Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TRW Strut Inserts for the E31 Available from FCP Euro

My Cars
    840Ci/6 528iT Europa TCS
    I bought a set of strut tubes that I recently fitted with Koni's using the Hyper method and the e34 threaded rings. Expensive, but they worked. I also put the spacers rings on a belt sander and they thinned down to the correct size pretty quickly. Since I drilled out the strut tube bottoms I won't be filling them with oil, unless I get them welded, NOT.
    I will be using CSI rear shocks to compliment the set of Euro Sport springs installed last year. I replaced a set of Eibachs. The car looked cool, but so what, driving is what it's all about. Now it sits a bit higher but I expect the new shocks will lower it just a smidge. The change of springs really improved the ride and handling. What a difference. I hope to have the new shocks on sometime next month. Very exciting, VERY EXCITING!

My Cars
    96 328iA
    This just in: I got the car back yesterday. TRW's front and back, with original springs (53k miles) Feels just fine, sits at the a good height, handles well (no track driving here)
    The strut nuts where hard to remove, but they went back on top of the TRW inserts.
    Thanks to all that chimed in with your answers and tips. This weekend I'm installing the rotors, pad wear sensors and Hawk street pads. That should do it for now.
    J.
    Jorge Mazlumian
    Southern California

1996 328iA

My Cars
    96 328iA
    - - - Updated - - -

I ended up with a set of unused, new front TRW inserts that I bought from FCP Euro. Since I also bought a full set, front and back from a fellow Eighter, and installed those instead, the front inserts from FCP are unused and ready to ship to any interested party.
    Part # TRW JGC143T. It fits perfectly in the OEM BMW strut tube of the 840.
    BTW, as of today, FCPEuro shows both front and rears on back order, no price.
    I paid $98 (plus a 2 day shipping that was a waste), so I'll take that plus shipping within the US.
    Jorge
    Last edited by Jorge Mazlumian; 10-09-2016 at 03:12 PM. Reason: clean up message
    Jorge Mazlumian
    Southern California

1996 328iA

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Mazlumian View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I ended up with a set of unused, new front TRW inserts that I bought from FCP Euro. Since I also bought a full set, front and back from a fellow Eighter, and installed those instead, the front inserts from FCP are unused and ready to ship to any interested party.
    Part # TRW JGC143T. It fits perfectly in the OEM BMW strut tube of the 840.
    BTW, as of today, FCPEuro shows both front and rears on back order, no price.
    I paid $98 (plus a 2 day shipping that was a waste), so I'll take that plus shipping within the US.
    Jorge
    Jorge, we can refund the shipping if you would like. Send me an email to products@fcpeuro.com
    Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns.
    FCP Euro - OEM & Genuine European Auto Parts Online

My Cars
    96 328iA
    Quote Originally Posted by FCPGroton View Post
    Jorge, we can refund the shipping if you would like. Send me an email to products@fcpeuro.com
    Thanks for the generous offer. Speaks of your excellent customer care. But another member got them.
    Jorge
    Jorge Mazlumian
    Southern California

1996 328iA

My Cars
    850i, Z3 2.3, X5 4.8is
    So I have a set of these as well.... please tell me that someone has found a cheaper way to source the nut. I'm looking at $280.00 CAD to have TWO shipped to Canada!
    Live, Love, Life, Amazing...

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by peezen View Post
    So I have a set of these as well.... please tell me that someone has found a cheaper way to source the nut. I'm looking at $280.00 CAD to have TWO shipped to Canada!
    Buying two cheap o e34 or e34 front billstein shocks that come with the nut and then tossing the shocks would be cheaper hahahah

My Cars
    850i, Z3 2.3, X5 4.8is
    I'm sending my Bilsteins for re valving and will use the TRWs until they die. The good news is that the local BMW dealership is having their yearly 'garage sale' tomorrow so I'll be able to get a discount when ordering them.
    Live, Love, Life, Amazing...

My Cars
    420G SPEED 6
    Looking for the trw struts also front and back couldnt find, post link please!!!

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by smokum View Post
    Looking for the trw struts also front and back couldnt find, post link please!!!
    They are not on FCP website anymore, maybe FCP can chime in and tell us when they will restock? Alot of satisfied E31 owners with TRW shocks out there, including myself!

My Cars
    BMW 850
    I am very happy with mine. The Bilsteins can go to the trash

My Cars
    Too many ;-)
    Happy with mine, too. They appear to still be available in Europe. Here is one UK vendor that offers them. Not sure what shipping will cost you though.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/...0/292-850-i-ci
    "Asphalt is evil, it must be punished!"
    '89 Z1 Dream Black/Alcantara/Camo, Racing Dynamics, the coolest doors known to man -- Sunny days & Sundays
    '90 Z1 Red w/custom red/black French leather, Ground Control coil overs, BBS RV-F --Mais Oui!
    '91 850i Mauritius Blue/Black --1 of 179

'85 M635CSi Alpine -- "Explosive!!!"
    '03 M3 Conv, Imola w/ SMG -- her daily driver
    '17 “30 Jahre” M3, Macao Blue -- 1/500 made

Previously owned: 74 2002 (x2), 85 325e, 80 323i Baur, 94 325iC, 03 325CiC, 80 633CSi, 90 325iC, 98 318ti (Budget M3), 01 X5, 02 X5 4.6is (x2), 94 M3, 98 M3/4, 16 340i

My Cars
    '92 850i 6-speed (SOLD)
    I installed TRWs on the front and rear this summer (TRW-JGC143T for fronts and TRW-JGT300T for rear). I got them on clearance so I suppose FCP Euro was getting rid of their stock. It might be worth a call to see if they plan on getting more.

I found the TRWs to be very reasonably priced (made in France BTW) and I've been very happy with the ride as it's very similar to OEM. The best thing is I didn't have to modify the front strut tubes to accept the TRW cartridges. Removing the strut nuts was the toughest part of the job, but nothing a good vice and a large pipe wrench couldn't handle.

Sean

My Cars
    1995 840 Ci, 1959 Sprite
    Just chatted with the auto doc link above, have them in stock in two per pack for 67pounds per pack with 100punds shipping to USA. About $275 or so USD for front two.

My Cars
    840Ci/6 528iT Europa TCS
    [QUOTE] The best thing is I didn't have to modify the front strut tubes to accept the TRW cartridges. QUOTE]
    If anyone is concerned about modifying the front tubes, buy a set from a bone yard, prepare/modify the tubes for the e34 Konis on the bench, then just swap them in. I have my OEM tubes with Bilsteins (I think, I didn't open them) sitting on the shelf.

My Cars
    91 850i
    I really want a new set of these TRWs for the front and rear. If anyone has any available, new, would really appreciate it. I have been using my Bilstein Sport shocks on my 8 for the past few years and it's just too firm!
    1991 BMW 850i / V12 5.0L [M70] / ZF4HP24 E/H

My Cars
    Le Mans Blue e39 M5
    They can be found, tough seems they are pricey nowadays but not too bad.

Front - https://www.ebay.com/itm/JGC143T-TRW...0UAi:rk:1:pf:0

Rear - https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRW-Shock-A...XcuQN:rk:2:pf:

I can also find them in Germany, similar prices.
    Last edited by sreten; 01-09-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345