Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    Sad to hear of your issues, what I would suggest as a tried and tested method on the cheap would be to simply use the M52 Injectors, an AFR Gauge and a Variable Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator to play the AFR mix right, to be honest under 5PSI these cars adapt well, which has been proven before in our own trials over the years. And for Chiptunes there are a few people I could recommend, Endtuning and Fekzen could likely offer chiptuning and remote tuning on the cheap. There is no need for the complex tuning at this beginner point. Its something that comes as you gradually want to increase the power and up the boost. Just follow the templates and put the blower on, and run it and see how it copes, it has been run on a stock M50 Before, all stock is not bad under 5 PSI really.
    Obd1 has 20% smaller injectors than obd2, but on a 2.5L they still have some overhead since the same injectors were also used on the 95 3.0L S50 here in the US that was rated at 240 hp versus 189 for the M50.

My Cars
    One Too Many

EATON M90/M112 Cometh!

Due to the semi success of my SC14 Supercharger Build.

I am proud to announce that finally due to much demand, I might soon try to start work on EATON M90/M112/M122 Supercharger Bracket Designs for the M5X and S5X Family of Motors.

I call it...

The HMW Anarchy Plate

Now the word Anarchy is not itself a bad word that its put out to be, its more so people of various backgrounds working together for commonality without having big brother governance so to speak, and it may be the perfect word for it since not only the bracket will look like the English Letter "A", However the fact that although I may have been inspired with this idea, the work of the final designs and its development may not be done at my hands at all.

Anyhow, I would like to request those who have any experience, to as of the type of Eaton most commonly found or rather most readily available to you (Consider Part Sellers, Junkyard Finds, Ebay Etc), and also tell me the cars they are off, and finally the design (snout size, small or long etc), and as always any pics and ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 06-30-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    That's sweet. A Whipple or kenne bell SC would be even more bada**!

If I could have gotten a Whipple onto my s52 I might have done that over turbo.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    https://whipplesuperchargers.com/ind...product_id=218

^ Would had fitted this 2.7L twin screw beast if I had the funding to buy & R&D.
    Can be done, the eaton bracket system may be modified to fit these now that i think of it..
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Yeah they are expensive.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Vert, 1992 318i
    https://whipplesuperchargers.com/ind...product_id=218

^ Would had fitted this 2.7L twin screw beast if I had the funding to buy & R&D.
    Can be done, the eaton bracket system may be modified to fit these now that i think of it..
    Drool.

Curiosity question. What's up with the different finish options for the screws? Is there any functional reason for the difference or is it just pointless aesthetics of internal components?
    Caprica Junkie

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    This is relevant to my interests, but not quite necessary just yet. Soon!

My Cars
    1997 E36
    Hey doing God's work there OP! I live in Malaysia and I have to say that we get more SC14/13/12s than Eaton/Whipple/ESSs superchargers here. The SC14 costs like $100 at the breakers here whereas the Eaton's go for $500. However I have a few concerns:

1. The SC14 isn't serviceable - but you could probably buy a lot and swap them out as they break for the next 10 years!!!
    2. OP can you provide us some dyno data etc?

As a side note I'm supporting you on the Eaton bracket design!

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by need View Post
    Hey doing God's work there OP! I live in Malaysia and I have to say that we get more SC14/13/12s than Eaton/Whipple/ESSs superchargers here. The SC14 costs like $100 at the breakers here whereas the Eaton's go for $500. However I have a few concerns:

1. The SC14 isn't serviceable - but you could probably buy a lot and swap them out as they break for the next 10 years!!!

Thank you.

Yea, they cost around $200 here, its not serviceable however so there's a downside, however as long as you keep it within spec, you would be fine. I am currently running 2.3 Ratio (16000RPM at max engine RPM). I will do dyno one day, but makes a tad bit more power then a Euro M3. Let me know if you guys in malaysia need any help with these, I see some builds with them, but yea. Feel free to post locally if there is any interest.

People are still building around these small blowers really,

Here's something using the SC14 Blower - http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtop...3543&start=290

6Bngr2012-2__173 (600 x 349).jpg

P1010794 (534 x 712).jpg

My Cars
    1997 E36
    Oh forgot to mention a few things as well:

1. How much does the 10mm V2 bracket weigh if you make it out of mild steel? Just doing some weight increase estimations here before - might buy a CF hood to compensate
    2. Any plans to do a bracket design for AC compressor? My thoughts are RHD cars don't have much turbo options because the compressor and steering rack clearances. If we relocate the AC compressor to the intake side it would help a lot. Mounting a turbo is easier and the AC gets cooler air!

Thanks.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    I would say a solid 10KG after its all done, the blower adds another 12KG. The V1's are half that weight.

But overall if you look at the from a technical perspective, on our RHD Cars we get something called Torque Steering, As in we sit on the right side, the direction the motor/crankshaft spins, these cars are meant to be driven LHD to balance that out. I am doing fine with it.

I left the AC Compressor bracket for a twin supercharger setup, never perfected it tho.

I can actually hook you up with a Turbo manifold setup for RHD Cars, but that would cost around $500 or more. Then there is the Turbo and other bits to sort out, Problem with Turbos for those of us in this RHD Region is really that most people are happy with another 100 - 200hp on top of what they got, and with a turbo you spend money for equipment that you cant max out the potential of because well..most people wont want to replace the Head Gasket and all that stuff inside the motor to run a nice turbo setup to lets say 15 - 20PSI. So they end up running them around low boost, by which logic they might as well had gone for a cheaper bolt on sc setup. I will go with a Turbo setup when I am in Europe, but these are just my humble offering to the larger majority of DIY builders.

Do you want a setup by chance? I could use a rep in Malaysia actually.

My Cars
    e21 x2 e34 m5 x2 e31 x2
    Hey misterm52
    I'm doing a swap on my e46 in the very near future and would love to slap the charger on
    Have you guys had anyone running one of these on an e46 m52tu motor?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Hi, Been kept very busy last 2 weeks.

We had it running on a M54B25 on a E46 about a month ago using the V2's, But then the guy crashed it shortly after and sold the car.

So I'd say yes, it works on M52TUB28/25 just fine.

My Cars
    e21 x2 e34 m5 x2 e31 x2
    Hi, Been kept very busy last 2 weeks.

We had it running on a M54B25 on a E46 about a month ago using the V2's, But then the guy crashed it shortly after and sold the car.

So I'd say yes, it works on M52TUB28/25 just fine.
    And the v2 design retained power steering?
    Hmm....i think i need to get one!
    B30 engines are a bit hard to get at the moment, so a blower will fix that issue...
    I'll send you a pm

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Yep, slight modification but retains it.

My Cars
    CharlesNawOB
    Quote Originally Posted by need View Post

Bro I also from Malaysia and looking this post, maybe we can contact.
    kindly add my whatapps 0163466962 Hudson Wong.

Thank you.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by nivekqueen View Post

Bro I also from Malaysia and looking this post, maybe we can contact.
    kindly add my whatapps 0163466962 Hudson Wong.

Thank you.
    Be a man and gets a turbo or two.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Hey fellas, so with my 20PSI rated pulley (and a whole lot of hot air), I had this pulley adjusted for the blower but the inside sproket piece was not welded well enough or so which lead to the thing coming off, the pulley free wheeling and ultimately breaking of my main pulley shaft stud that came out of the keyed sproket. Now these are only worth a few hundread dollars these blowers but instead of replacing it out I mearly did this fix, where I had a older friend here locally drill a 7mm hole in the keyed gear piece, then thread it to i think M7 bolts, ofcourse it wasn't completely straight but the only job it serves is to keep the pulley in there, the real job of keeping it in line is done by the key piece and bearing. So anyhow, after a bit of work here is the repair, not pretty but looks alright Imho..

17082016006.jpg17082016008.jpg17082016013.jpg17082016014.jpg17082016015.jpg

My Cars
    One Too Many
    I have a small announcement to make, sorry I have been quite busy with a few things.

I think I may now consider shipping out entire bolt on setups for $1K - 1.2K USD Shipped Anywhere in the world. This will include:

Laser Cut Bolt on Brackets + SC14 Supercharger + Pulley + Belt + Shipping to your door for around $1.2K.

You will be left to do the piping on your own (CAI/Maf side only really)

My Cars
    E36
    Sweet!

I may be very interested in the mid-term future
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I'd like to see one of these tuned and run on a Dynojet. Seems affordable and promising. Results will help sell the product.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quick Update 19th October 2016

V-2.1
    REVISION - Code Name "German Girl"

V-2.1 / German Girl Revisions Added Full Support for the Newer Power Steering Pumps on M54/S54 (And some on S52/S50)

Available Now.

Also I now Ship out the Supercharger on Request as well as providing a full laser cut bracket set for a base kit which can be further customized, with optional custom manifolds if required.

Warm Regards,

- Hyde
    From Whanagrei,
    Northland, New Zealand

Last edited by MisterM52; 10-19-2016 at 05:08 AM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Trump trump trump!!!

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is
    What kind of tune would you recommend for a m52 motor with m50 manifold, and a catback with the supercharger setup?

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Depends on the boost, I have run low boost without a tune last year for a bit, show cased it in videos for non believers

I would say unless you can shell out for a dyno tune, a base tune would do fine, I have had people use just a variable rate FPR, I have some tuning contacts who I can recommend, you could use a tried and tested one flashed to your ECU, I am running a flash of MS41.2 now I think same as the USM3, its a custom tune from Dave at Markert Motor Works, Atlanta, USA, Top people to work with but hard to get a hold of, and it was further perfected by a good friend from Texas; Abel, who initially decided to help me, hes a Hobbyist but knows more then many 'tuners' out there today. I am running around 10 - 12 PSI now with pretty much most problems solved. I also have other tuner and chip tune contacts in Europe mainly Scandinavia and UK. But overall, I should be able to help with it or direct you to the right place.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast