Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    E46M3, S52T E30, E21T
    Any update on my m122 kit? It's April.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Yours First in line, should have it this month, then we are getting them done at the factory since it takes so gosh long time.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    Quote Originally Posted by JEC928 View Post
    And what tool do you use to cut the hardened steel shaft?
    Cut the intake port. not the snout.
    Nobody would recertify these machines after somebody screwed with them without any visibility into what they did.

HONK! HONK! Clown car coming through!

-Oakdizzle

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    exactly like this guy. Hope they dont mind the link to another forum. it post number 8.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...tercooler.html
    Nobody would recertify these machines after somebody screwed with them without any visibility into what they did.

HONK! HONK! Clown car coming through!

-Oakdizzle

My Cars
    1992 325is E36
    Any updates?

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up June 2018 Updates!

Greetings Folks, Its been a little while but I figured I would come with some updates.

To Start With, We have moved factory to a larger one who actually has Robot Welders and does work for BOSH. Then back at Keith's end, hes finished his M50TUB30 Stroker Motor Build, hes still busy working out his exhaust and tuning part but all is well, and so now we can really push the blower. When hes got some more time and sorted out some latest pics either one of us will post more here. That and we will also we will also be moving into the 302 Motor as well as the M60/M62 Motor using the M122H.

SC14 Updates:

Update 1. First of all, some dyno's, This is the latest dyno provided to me by a client, he saw around 320HP from a M54B30 at 6 PSI, intercooled, IIRC Link ECU Custom tune.

Update 2. Here are the latest SC14 Manifolds we will now provide. Butters said it best when he said I was persistent! Well, now here is what we got, the welding done by Robots. Powder coated, scratch proof and laser etched, Doesn't get better than this really.

Update 3. The SC14 Brackets have also been slightly upgraded to support the larger alternators. Latest Version is called V2.1X (eXtended) Also a Full Z3/Z4 specific bracket is coming this fall. Brackets have a genuine article reflective mark akin to a watermark now.

Stoneleigh UK National Kit Car Show 2018 - DMO LEGEND.

One of our SC14 Setups went to the UK National Kit Car Show in Stoneleigh May 2018.

Since last December I have been in correspondence with Steven Bruyninckx, Owner of DMO Legend n Netherlands, over the months we have grown to become good friends and thanks to the hard work of the DMO Legends Build Partner Aeon in the UK, We all managed to work together and come up with a custom set of brackets that are exclusive to the Legend and they will use our setups to supercharge their cars. More info about the Legend at http://dmosportscars.com/ and about the event on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dmosportscars/

M122H Updates:
    Production of the M122H Setup has now been moved to the same factory. This was the last setup my buddy Keith did at his workshop. We might be looking to make a fully one piece metal manifold down the line.

E30 Updates:
    We finally have an exclusive E30 Project going on, Led by me and co-designer a brilliant young man named Dan Ischenko in Washington, DC who had an assortment of these motors and cars, so we are going through trial and error on our off times. So in a few months we will have SC14 setups that fully support E30's. Then the M122H Will be moved to that platform as well as maybe the M20 Motors and M40 Motors etc.

M62/M90 Updates:
    Were slightly delayed again but we are almost done. I finished the whiteprints for those last week and waiting to send them in to Keith and the factory for further R&D.

In other news, found an old Installation Video of the V1.2 Brackets (No longer sold as they are replaced by V2.1) from 2016 that I never showed any of you. So for what its worth here it is.

On a personal level, I am doing well, a friend of a friend passed away last week racing his Son, the son lived, Dad did not. The Days here are still wet, and I am still making headway to Bavaria.

So yea fellas, thats where we are at. Thank you for all your support and appreciation of the hard work, time and money that goes into all this. Do Stay tuned, we have much more goodies coming ahead, wish us all involved well, stay well where ever you may be.

Till next time, this is Hyde saying Auf Wiedersehen.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 06-23-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    Hells yeah brother

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    You have come a long ways. Looking better and better. Hope to see one of these with a ECU tune and intercooler.

My Cars
    E36
    Very Cool!!!! one day..oh one day...the M will get this.

Keep it up!
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    1997 BMW E36 323i
    Very interesting! Great project!

What I was wondering about: how much does the complete (SC14) installation weigh, and do E36 drivers notice a bit more understeer after installing it, or is it negligible?

1997 E36 BMW 323i
    (European) 275k km (171k miles), with following small mods:

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Thanks for all your support everyone!! We are working on offering tunes in the future perhaps, specially Keith is onto it with the M50 Motors ECU's that take Chips at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ed323i View Post
    Very interesting! Great project!

What I was wondering about: how much does the complete (SC14) installation weigh, and do E36 drivers notice a bit more understeer after installing it, or is it negligible?

The SC14 weights about 12KG, and brackets & pipe work, just under 20KG really. Not a big deal, didn't notice any torque steering but mine is a RHD but haven't heard anyone mention it from the LHD either. I would say for the added reliable power the added weight is negligible, imho.

My Cars
    BMW 325i 1986 E30
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    Thanks for all your support everyone!! We are working on offering tunes in the future perhaps, specially Keith is onto it with the M50 Motors ECU's that take Chips at least.

The SC14 weights about 12KG, and brackets & pipe work, just under 20KG really. Not a big deal, didn't notice any torque steering but mine is a RHD but haven't heard anyone mention it from the LHD either. I would say for the added reliable power the added weight is negligible, imho.
    Are this kits for sale??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    didn't notice any torque steering but mine is a RHD but haven't heard anyone mention it from the LHD either. I would say for the added reliable power the added weight is negligible, imho.
    You won't. Torque steer is a FWD feature lol
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    I have about 6 m90. Lol. I think I can get my machinist to shorten the snouts and intake runner cheaply. I see the short snout m90 on eBay for about $300 now.

My Cars
    BMW 325i 1986 E30
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderg0d View Post
    I have about 6 m90. Lol. I think I can get my machinist to shorten the snouts and intake runner cheaply. I see the short snout m90 on eBay for about $300 now.
    That's a nice price!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    One Too Many
    New Year To Everyone. Who wants to see a sneak peak?

Last edited by MisterM52; 02-16-2019 at 05:21 AM.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Parts are looking better and better. Would you be better off making an intake manifold from scratch to most perfectly fit the positive displacement blower than changing the plenum on a stock manifold or adapting an eBay Thailand aluminum manifold? Seems like you might be able to get more compact packaging or work in a water to air intercooler with a custom manifold designed for the blower. Obviously a lot more work but once you have a prototype you could probably get copies made more cheaply in China or Thailand or maybe even Poland if you bought 10 at once.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i Sedan
    Interested in updates on the M122H kit. Really feels like this hits my demographic. I have a daily driver 93 325i that I want more power from. 400whp would be awesome but if I can get close safely using a kit I'm happy. I'll get another car later on down the road that I can try to get gobs of power from if that's still what I want. I have done a bunch of reading on low budget turbo kits and it really still comes out to be pricey to do it right. Specially if you are like me and you plan on driving your kids to school or out to a movie with the wife during the hot Houston TX summer. (Gotta keep that A/C sonn) I hope to do something fun with my e36 sometime by the end of this year. I've been keeping an eye on this to see if any dynos have come out for the M122H setup. I've also been thinking about how this would pair up with the Miller W.A.R. chip setup as far tuning goes. While also lowering compression a bit with a hg and upgrading to ARP studs. May also throw some S52 cams in it. Anyway the more info the better. Maybe I'll just stick with the sc14 kit but if the M122H has more potential I'd rather go that route. I still have time to see how things play out.

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up Updates February 2019

Well Guys, I haven't updated this page in a while, I was in Germany for the Holiday season, and only returned few weeks ago.

Our M122H GT500 Eaton Supercharger Setups were completed last December. And we have had 2 revision on the SC14 V2.1 Setups. One Specializing in E30's.

We do have our custom Manifolds, that had to be revised so far 4 times till we got what we got. We now have these Manifolds and they are further modified for the M122H Setups. All Metal. The Brackets are also now done at the same factory professionally fabricated, tested for tolerance & powder coated, We are waiting for the latest batch to hit in a week or so's time.

400WHP is Child's Play with this thing. Pictures & Videos below...

M122H Rev 2 Setups

Manifolds to Fit M50/M52/M54 and S Motors
    Done to spec, and they are further modified for the M122H using a Tubular Air Collector now.

SC14 V2.1X Setups
    - Final Revision - We have an 2.8L SC28 Mining Blower Project Going which allows us to fit a blower 2x the Size on the same Brackets.

This year we are going to do the M20 Engine, The BMW V8's and Maybe the N Engine. My warm regards to this community who has made this project possible through all your support. Hats off to you wonderful people!
    Last edited by MisterM52; 02-21-2019 at 06:01 AM.

My Cars
    E36
    Nice work Hyde!!!!! those mani's look sweet!
    1995 M3

My Cars
    325ci
    Hey guys, I'm interested in this setup. Was just wondering if anyone had used the M122H setup on a m54b25 yet or had any other dyno numbers for the M122H. Thanks for any info!

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2001 530i
    I am interested in the M122 setup for the S52 I am working on. It looks like the kits are complete except for MAF/Injectors/Tune, correct? Is there still a wait list on this kit?

My Cars
    1989 BMW 535i, 1993 740i
    This year we are going to do the M20 Engine, The BMW V8's and Maybe the N Engine. My warm regards to this community who has made this project possible through all your support. Hats off to you wonderful people!
    If you are going to do old straight sixes, why not go whole hog and do the M30 as well
    O o
    ____________________________ ______________
    | BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! !!!!
    \_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

My Cars
    1997 E36 323i Coupe
    Hello

Just thought it was about time i put a video up of my on going project.

I spoke to Hyde a year and abit ago when i was thinling about supercharging my e36 323i. He had been working on the version 2 brackets, of which i bought the plans and cracked on with tinkering in my garage.
    Sources a Sc14 supercharger
    Made all the brackets up
    Got a the other bits and bobs
    And tbis is where i am a year or so down the line.

Dont get me wrong i am no mechanic and have literally been learning as i go along. But i must saybwith alot of help through email from Hyde!

I went for abit of an out the box idea of a top mounted incooler purely becuase i have never seen it before and i thought itsl would be pretty jokes.

So at the moment i have m50 manifold, 36lb injectors, sc14 supercharger, intercooler and aload of homr made piping etc to join it all together and make it work (hopefully)

Heres a video of where im at, ready for abit of tuning then get it on the track!...let me know what you think.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^

Cant figure out how to add a video!
    Last edited by Trun1990; 04-16-2019 at 03:52 PM.

My Cars
    E36
    ^^Youtube then embed is usually the best bet
    1995 M3

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast