Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    So I'm guessing still at around the 6-8lb flow rate?
    If so that's damn 👍 considering the flaws in the setup. Like 260ft lbs is no joke out of a stock high mileage 2.5l! Get it tuned right and so it cost less than a s50 and your in like Flynn.

My Cars
    e46
    So no power below 2500rpm, or is that something to do with how the dyno was setup?

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by underpants View Post
    So no power below 2500rpm, or is that something to do with how the dyno was setup?
    Most dyno operators don't nail it till 2500. Usually somewhere between 2000 and 2500 is the starting point when on a dyno.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    93 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    Most dyno operators don't nail it till 2500. Usually somewhere between 2000 and 2500 is the starting point when on a dyno.

Exactly. I wish he had started from idle. I have 5 lb of boost at wot at 800 RPM.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Looking for a few people to try out our M122H Setup.

Just cover our expenses to build the setups (Discharge Pan, Brackets, Intake Manifolds, Inlet) and shipping, then find your own blower and go.

Looking for people who can or will build their motors, first come first serve basis.

Holiday Greetings..
    - Hyde
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    E46M3, S52T E30, E21T
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    Looking for a few people to try out our M122H Setup.

Just cover our expenses to build the setups (Discharge Pan, Brackets, Intake Manifolds, Inlet) and shipping, then find your own blower and go.

Looking for people who can or will build their motors, first come first serve basis.

Holiday Greetings..
    - Hyde
    I've been watching your thread with great interest. I work at a BMW INDY shop in Las Vegas, and I have an S50 being built right now to install into my e34 touring. I don't see any reason that this would not work in the larger engine bay of the e34.

I'm very interested in running your M122H setup on that build - I think it would be very unique. Please let me know what costs you need covered, what tuning is included for an OBD1 M50/S50 based vehicle, and how long it would be until we can receive the needed parts. We'll start to source the blower as soon as you let us know.
    CURRENT:
    Racecar: '81 e21 320i Group2. GT28 @ 25psi, MS2, e28 M5 suspension/brakes underneath, forged, cammed, 400bhp, 2190lbs, etc, etc...
    Daily: '95 e34 540/6. DUDMD tuned, vogtland/koni, Schnitzers, other minor touches.
    Project: '94 525iT. S50 swapped, supercharger in the works, manual swapped, Airlift supsension, Mpars, Brembo's, clean machine.
    New daily: e60 530i sport package. Stock.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerwillrbnsn View Post
    I've been watching your thread with great interest. I work at a BMW INDY shop in Las Vegas, and I have an S50 being built right now to install into my e34 touring. I don't see any reason that this would not work in the larger engine bay of the e34.

I'm very interested in running your M122H setup on that build - I think it would be very unique. Please let me know what costs you need covered, what tuning is included for an OBD1 M50/S50 based vehicle, and how long it would be until we can receive the needed parts. We'll start to source the blower as soon as you let us know.
    Perfect! An S50 motor fully built up to push this blower is exactly what I was after! If you can push it to maybe 100%, do some dynos, maybe make a build thread, maybe some videos, you know so we can show what can be done with this. The E34 would be prefect candidate, not only they are built like tanks but much more space and room than an E36/E46. Costs would be bare minimum, as close to nothing as it gets. We just want some people to start putting these on and see whats what and help us get the ball rolling. We also have some sources for the blowers that can be had for cheap.

ETA on the setup would be Mid Jan if placed now, (Could had done it by Xmas but due to holidays and other projects, including Keith Building his M50 Motor. We are still using Ostrich II to do the tuning, not prefect like am standalone ms unit but its getting there.

I will message you details and we can go from there.

- Hyde
    Last edited by MisterM52; 11-29-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

My Cars
    One Too Many
    A Short Update.

Our Latest 2017 Winter Batch of V2.1 Brackets being made,
    Factory Powder Coated Black & Laser Engraved.

Eaton M122H
    We're Still looking for a few people to try our our M122H Setup, We have sources for the blowers too. The poster above has not followed up unfortunately.

Holiday Greetings,
    - Hyde
    Last edited by MisterM52; 12-10-2017 at 04:38 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    A Short Update.

Our Latest 2017 Winter Batch of V2.1 Brackets being made,
    Factory Powder Coated Black & Laser Engraved.

Eaton M122H
    We're Still looking for a few people to try our our M122H Setup, We have sources for the blowers too. The poster above has not followed up unfortunately.

Holiday Greetings,
    - Hyde
    How much would this realistically cost? Im interested for my S52

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up

Hey People, So some updates.

Due to my homes lease having ended and extended I had to go hunting for a new home, and after looking at tens of them finally found something close to river and the town overall.

Meanwhile, Keith's also been busy with snow but hes having these produced as the V2.1 Manifolds & TB Relocation Kit. Being sent to a few clients who has been waiting. This would help a bunch of people from having to do them and who for some reason mix up BPV for a Blow off Valve (kiwis), Currently these manifolds are all hand made to order, we are working on making the process a bit more simpler & some what automated if we can.

Before being cleaned

And some pictures of the latest batch of brackets, all black powder coated and engraved.

Also on the M122H

Just got back in touch with dangerwillrbnsn/Shane after some delays, whos going to be going to be putting it on his M50 with MS Pro. So we are providing him with the barebone setup. Now this will be nice step ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by XnWarden View Post
    How much would this realistically cost? Im interested for my S52

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Heya, Probably keep a budget of around ~ 2.6K to have it all done including tuning (some off the shelf tune tailored by a good tuner) thats going the SC14 Route, or if you just do it all yourself following my templates can be done much cheaper, long as you source your own parts. That said we were also offering some nice discounts for people this holiday to try our M122H setup in which case it would had costed around the same mark with it.

Thanks Guys and Happy Holidays!!

- Hyde

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    You need a new welder if those are production pieces.

1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    2016 BMW 328i
    I concour, the m52 on the previous page looks much better manufactured.

Would it be possible to keep the stock cast toyota parts ?
    Last edited by bimmerfaje; 12-23-2017 at 05:35 PM.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Well, we have switched 4 welders already in the past 3 months. anyhow these were pre production, that said we will only do them if requested by anyone, its functional, stays under your hood, and we aren't doing any pretty boy stuff here, we cant do that and still keep these affordable. These are welds, not meant to look like its anything else. The other page ones are finished at request with filler (eg. such as JB Weld) and painted. Thats left up to the user if they want to do that. We clean them up and grid it all down before sending out.

And unfortunately the cast parts cant be used. That said next year we would be looking at perhaps making the whole manifold pipe work more and more professional, but wont be over night, if we have enough demand we can look into out sourcing it from a fabrication company but for now this is what it is, affordable, fictional, can be made prettier with little user effort.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 12-23-2017 at 07:58 PM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Have them tig welded. Not mig welded.

1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Have them tig welded. Not mig welded.

Eventually Yes. Currently, Can't.

Tig's the eventual plan down the line if these take off, seriously we aren't making much if any money out of these. Just doing these to spec because most people cant get them done and when they do try they not only have to figure out the angles and bends etc and pay somebody to do it for them so those who want we figured since we already have them done for ours why not offer them to our specs.

Having them done in tig and looking all fancy will cost a lot more and thus prices will go up for those who want them. Current batch of manifolds & flanges are totally hand made, takes hours and hours even cut by hand, next batch in a month or two will be done in laser CNC and eventually maybe a year down the line the welds will be up to your expectations, look at my brackets evolution.

Until then I thank you for your continued support and wish you and everyone happy holidays and a merry Christmas.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Get a few done to make it easier for people so there are a few cars on the road. Once a few cars are sorted out and making good power, business should pick up. You can call these parts prototypes. As long as the flanges aren’t warped and the welds don’t leak they will work fine.

My Cars
    toyota
    Can I get this in Dubai ?
    How much it will be ?
    I think around USD 150 shall be fine.
    Is it ok if I share this information with my friends at https://hamarigossip.com

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Get a few done to make it easier for people so there are a few cars on the road. Once a few cars are sorted out and making good power, business should pick up. You can call these parts prototypes. As long as the flanges aren’t warped and the welds don’t leak they will work fine.
    Yep thats the plan, got quite a few people wanting them so trying to save them the headache from having to figure it all out, once the wind picks up maybe we can look into doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by gossippk10 View Post
    Can I get this in Dubai ?
    How much it will be ?
    I think around USD 150 shall be fine.
    Is it ok if I share this information with my friends at https://hamarigossip.com
    Sure, I can help you set something up, no problem to ship to dubai. let me know what you need sent and we can discuss in detail. And yes ofcourse, please share.

happy holidays.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 12-24-2017 at 03:17 PM.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Hey Guys, Just a little update, exploring options to make more professional looking manifolds next year.

On a Side Note, Dangerwillrbnsn/Shane Will be the first to try the M122H Setup from this forum. We expect to have something ready for him by end of Jan if all goes well.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 12-28-2017 at 02:48 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 535i
    There is absolutely no way of fitting that M122H somehow with the stock manifold?

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Happy New Year Everyone!

We got some plans for our projects this 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucis123 View Post
    There is absolutely no way of fitting that M122H somehow with the stock manifold?

No way my friend, we have tried it all a year ago, It took us hundreds of hours, a good personal investment and a good part of a year to get the M122H setup perfected to run on these cars. But good news is, we can build you a manifold if you like, just send us an M50 manifold or M54 Manifold, Or we can try to source you one.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Your very persistent and have a lot of energy. You know there really aren't any "affordable" proper fitting turbo kits on the market. They are either $6k+ or under $1500 and junk. Piecing out and fabricating kits in the range of $3000-3999 would bring in at of bacon if it fits properly. The parts are out there to do it. Just need to collect them and fabricate the piping then sell them. All of the eBay ones are junk, total universal. Maybe do both. Thousands to be made on those.

1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Your very persistent and have a lot of energy. You know there really aren't any "affordable" proper fitting turbo kits on the market. They are either $6k+ or under $1500 and junk. Piecing out and fabricating kits in the range of $3000-3999 would bring in at of bacon if it fits properly. The parts are out there to do it. Just need to collect them and fabricate the piping then sell them. All of the eBay ones are junk, total universal. Maybe do both. Thousands to be made on those.

Happy New Year Butters, I see your point, after all these Roots SC projects are behind us, maybe we can venture into the budget turbo scene one of these days and make those available eventually.

Thanks Again Everyone for all your support.

- Hyde
    Last edited by MisterM52; 01-01-2018 at 06:33 PM.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Probably the manifold plenum. Move it back by shortening the runners to create more space for the blower. I think there were some pictures posted in this thread. Another option might be to get rid of AC and relocate the alternator or power steering to the other side. I suppose you could also get rid of the oil filter housing and go to a remote filter. If that helped make space for the blower and blower drive. Question is what is easiest and makes most people happy—changing just one part and keeping AC.

My Cars
    BMW 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Probably the manifold plenum. Move it back by shortening the runners to create more space for the blower. I think there were some pictures posted in this thread. Another option might be to get rid of AC and relocate the alternator or power steering to the other side. I suppose you could also get rid of the oil filter housing and go to a remote filter. If that helped make space for the blower and blower drive. Question is what is easiest and makes most people happy—changing just one part and keeping AC.
    Thanks for your reply! Accidently deleted my previous post...
    Relocating alternator or power steering doesn't sound that bad actually, dunno about the oil filter housing tho..
    I'd be down with anything as long as I can keep the stock intake.. fun drift car no rules

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast