Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    At the end of the 1980s / early 90s a company over here called Courtney did a turbo version of the Opel Manta. The Manta had a fuel injected 4 cylinder 1979cc designed in the 60s that pushed out 110BHP. They are a very strong engine though. They lowered the CR with a laser cut sandwich plate between head and block with 2 head gaskets ad I think took the standard engine (barring the sandwich plate) to about 220 -240 BHP with a turbo and water injection. They were also able to honour the cars manufacturers warranty it was that reliable.

One issue I have is I run LPG which may be awkward in a pressurised manifold. I'll need to look into how people LPG turbo cars
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    Indeed, CR drop will be needed for the goals with the new M122H or M140H setup or least to use it to its potential.

The BMW Mini Supercharger is an M54 Eaton although very small may be a good option for the RHD UK market base, and can be mounted using the same Merc M62 & Jag/Firebird M90 mounting brackets we are working on.
    Forgot to ask, do you think it would need nose length modifications?
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Great Points! No you wont need any nose length modifications if you got the the BMW Mini M45 Blower, or the M62 (if its the same short snout/nose version) as the Merc Kompressor or the M90 short snout in the Jaguar's, and the Thunderbird and few US cars. If you find a longer snout ones, then you may need to shorten it, otherwise you are all set to go! Send me a email and I will show you the few prototypes we got so far.

My friend Keith's building up his Foundry so once that is done we can do some testing with M122H's custom discharge plates.

PS: If you are in the UK, Try Enda at End Tuning, they will sort you even if you are on Gas I think.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 04-16-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    328 Convertible
    Hi

I was almost ready to get the SC14 whitepaper, but then stumbles across this thread and am confused again as to which way to go.

Ive looked at getting a supercharger for my m52'd e30 for a while now, and have seen your bracket which looks like a great solution for a SC14 charger, and also m62 setups. There are many people in the UK who have had success with a m62 setup, but the problem for me is making up brackets. Some people have also used the A/C compressor location by the exhaust manifold and added an intercooler on the way to the inlet manifold.

So, the question is, what do you think is the best solution, and can you make up a bracket for it?

Kaz from UK

My Cars
    One Too Many
    I come with some updates

Update 1.

HMW SC14'd Racecar Wins 3rd Place in 2017 American Endurance Races!

I am proud to announce that The Hyde Motor Works M5x SC14'd 332ti Race Car from Taquila Petrol has came in 3rd in class 4 of the 2017 American Endurance Races, April Watkins Glenn. First Time Ever a Supercharged Car has Entered the Race. The Blower has survived the excruciating 24 hours and managed to break the already stressed out manual transmission clutch but the brilliant team led by Phil Ehlinger has managed to climb through the Ranks. He still hasn't allowed me the Dynos I requested but untill he does here are some pictures, videos and Links.

American Endurance Races Tequila Petrol HMWSC14.jpg13116132_1702378590025078_5541452020851149351_o.jpg

HMW SC14 3rd Place American Endurance Races - Team Tequila Petrol.png

Class 4
    https://race.americanenduranceracing...ces/36/results

https://www.facebook.com/TequilaPetr...93048418059323

Update 2.
    A few more Brackets are being sent to the USA.
    This is the V1.2 Racespecs Sent off today.

- - - Updated - - -

Update 3.
    The M90/M62 Prototype II is complete, Its still to be tesed on the UK associate/clients car before its drafted. The UK Client was the encouragement fot the M62/M90 setup which will also work with M45 Superchargers off Mini, which costs only $100 on ebay I was told by another UK gentleman here.

Update 4 - HMWProject17
    With my Limited ablity its still under devlopment, So you all can find my work logs, projects involvements and setups easily. I expect it done and ready for public release within the next couple of weeks.

Update 5.
    My friend and partner Keith has made a mini foundry to test our stuff out

Also the discharge plate for the M122H was a sucess so far in terms of having it where its wanted. He has started making the first molds. Some pictures and videos below. Nothing beats seeing our ideas coming to life and to know they may bring a spark into yours.

m122h discharge].jpgm12h kc side.jpg

Its not letting me post enough pictures, I will upload them elsewhere and post them for you all later.

Quote Originally Posted by sebring View Post
    Hi

I was almost ready to get the SC14 whitepaper, but then stumbles across this thread and am confused again as to which way to go.

Ive looked at getting a supercharger for my m52'd e30 for a while now, and have seen your bracket which looks like a great solution for a SC14 charger, and also m62 setups. There are many people in the UK who have had success with a m62 setup, but the problem for me is making up brackets. Some people have also used the A/C compressor location by the exhaust manifold and added an intercooler on the way to the inlet manifold.

So, the question is, what do you think is the best solution, and can you make up a bracket for it?

Kaz from UK
    Hello Kaz,

Earlier on my eastern european associates have expremented with AC/Compressor side, but thats only good for the M62 blower, and you lose the AC. So thats not a viable option.
    I offer both Whiteprints and Precut Brackets for the SC14 and other setups as well will be available in the near future. I can supply a set of V2.1 Brackets shipped your way if that helps? I have multiple builds going on in the UK right now, as well as other corners of the world. The M90 has a bit more potential then the SC14 which although the same displacement (1.5L) is still an older design, So M90 has more potential and more available in Europe. I can supply whatever path you chose to go with. Plenty of people in UK and UK BMW forums who know me.

- Hyde
    Last edited by MisterM52; 05-12-2017 at 06:12 AM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    how many cars were in that race ? 3 ?

just kidding

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by samy01 View Post
    how many cars were in that race ? 3 ?

just kidding
    About 80 Overall.

Newest Testimony -
    Thanks also go to Scandanavian and New Zealand transplant Hyde who helped with the SC bits from the other side of the world and shared his expert advice and knowledge.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    That is a really good testament to your system. Congratulations. I would like to know what the system is putting out at higher boost. Though if the racer was non intercooled, he was likely not running much boost or was using a water injection system to avoid heat soak.

My Cars
    e46
    Do you have any before and after dyno results?

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up

Hello Guys! So I come in with many updates!

Update 1 - HMW Project 17 - Complete

Project Blog M52Supercharged has been Moved

It took me the whole month, but I have successfully setup and concluded the HMW Project 17. The whole thing was my design, as the rookie I hired had failed to deliver what was asked. Anyhow, so far I am very satisfied with how it has come out, was an learning experience and at times, a nightmare. The old blog has been now moved with all old logs and information, it will auto redirect as well.

- Now all my project logs, works & involvement in supercharger projects vice versa and available setups etc can be found on - https://hydemotorworks.com - go check it out!

hmwscreenshot-homepage.jpg

Testimonials - Something I wanted to setup, for a long time, with the advent of the new blog, I have finally setup a testimonial page with some testimonials - https://hydemotorworks.com/reviews/

Here is a random testimonial from one of my clients in Asia.

"The more I get into this build, the more impressed I am about the time and effort you spent developing it to get all the mounting points exact. I have test mounted the supercharger and it looks good, well sited and clear of the bodywork etc." - Kris Shanmugam, Malaysia
    -And there are plenty more, and some around many english and non english speaking bmw forums, both e36 and e46 and more.

Update 2 - Eaton M90, M62, M45

I am having the Whiteprints for the M90/M62 done, JCE is personally overseeing the process, once finished these will be made publicly available for EVERYONE to bolt on Eaton M90 and M62 and M45 Superchargers from yards to these cars, Catch is the Blower must be short snout, eg. Merc or Jag or BMW Mini, Which are all plentiful in europe.

Keep in mind, Me and Keith based these brackets on a one-off project of an European associate. these are still in beta stage.

Some Pictures

Update 3 - HMW KC M122H - Whiteprints?

While the M122H project is underway, we have thought about making a premade custom manifold, bracket system, discharge plate, and a base kit made for them available on order, as well as whiteprints so you can mount the M122H. But thats down the future.

Update 4

I have my first ever client from Turkey!

And here are some more setups going into the US this week.

5201.jpg

Here is another video, an US Clients M3 using my setup

Quote Originally Posted by underpants View Post
    Do you have any before and after dyno results?
    Hey there! Well, I only got Dyno sheets results clients gave me, For the SC14 which is around 25-30WHP per 3 PSI. So around 40HP at motor with its stock pulley. I have run it at 10 - 12 PSI. Caused my Jatco 5 Speed Autobox to wear off prematurely. That said I don't usually deal that much with Kiwi Clients, not many diy minded bmw folks here that can afford even what I have, and only had a few who always put it in the back burner and rarely ever follow through. So no recent NZ Dyno Figures, maybe the Red M52 you will see in shows will have my blower setup on it. Rest probably ask the local kiwi bmw community leaders about Hyde's International BMW Supercharger Project.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 05-12-2017 at 06:27 AM.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    So we have some updates,

M122H Progress

M122H - June 1.jpgM122H - June 2.jpg

Keith has just setup his own Plasma Cutting Rig in NJ. So from now on we should be able to produce and ship our brackets within the US and have a more complete kit as in including pipework as well perhaps, as well as do in house other accessories should anybody need.

JCE is Still doing some CAD and Designs for the M45/M62/M90 Supercharger Brackets for BMW's that will be destined for the United Kingdom.

Hope things are well with everyone here. We are all very happy how this is all coming together.

Kind Regards,
    - Hyde

My Cars
    One Too Many
    I am happy to announce we are in the final stages, its been made universal for the M50 and M52 (TU Versions supported as well as S50/S52). We are waiting for the Manifold to be finished and Keith is getting ready for the bimmerfest car meet in late July. More Updates to come!

front.jpgfront 2.jpg

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Gentleman, It was an year ago I proposed this we start putting M122H, M140 2.3L TVS, and 5l Whipple and KB Blowers on our cars. I proposed an state of anarchy, Today I am proud to bring to you, the fruit of the finances & hard work my partner Keith and I have put to bring to you, The M122H, a setup that does support TVS 2.3L and 3L Twin Screws as well.

Without further ado.. Introducing the Hyde Motor Works KC M122H.
    We will be at 2017 Englishtown Bimmerfest, come say hello.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Did you squeeze an intercooler in there?

If the plenum is just epoxied it could eventually blow off. Set screws could help. Or a retaining strap or two. May depend on the boost run.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Yup, its got a 27" or was it 28" ebay intercooler lol thats still keeping the fog lights in place.

Epoxied in place, Keith was going to put some screws in there, with a die and tap, that will be next on the agenda. looking for ways to improve it, it already has the throttle body extended kit so no by pass valves needed.

Update: Its putting out close to a bar of boost, and thats under driving it, and with an open bpv and a boost leak. No stopping the M122H! No Sir.

- Hyde
    Last edited by MisterM52; 07-29-2017 at 01:25 AM.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    We've successfully lowered the boost from being some 14psi or more by loosening the throttle to 77% which gives 9psi. And remember this is inter cooled! Yes sir, over a bar of boost with plenty of potential left.

Early working prototype. Looking for potential clients wanting to try it out. Feedback, welcome!

Keith went to Bimmerfest 2017, Englishtown past July 29th and 30th, with his M122H 325i.

Last edited by MisterM52; 08-03-2017 at 12:42 AM.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i E36 Sedan
    This looks amazing man! Great stuff!

My Cars
    93 BMW 325is
    Thanks. I literally finished installing everything 10 p.m. Friday night. I left my house 6:30 the next morning to travel over 60 miles to bimmerfest. Other than the belt slipping from a small power steering leak and a small air leak it ran perfectly. Both of those problems are fixed now. All of the major components work perfectly. Still going to do some refinements to make it a little neater. And dial in the tune a little better.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E36
    very cool.
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Thanks Guys!

We came in #38 from the Top 50 cars in Bimmerfest East 2017!

Some Highlights from the event and a new teaser GT500 M122H SC video for your apatite.

Our Checkered Black LTW Flag on the Fender and Decals were Done by Eric(Moron95M3) and Danielle at https://www.lostartistdesigns.com

Heres the topic about it, the prices are quite good and think there are some special discounts for forum members too https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...want-your-car-
    Last edited by MisterM52; 08-08-2017 at 08:29 PM.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Just a little update, we are now doing the M62/M90 and M45 Smaller Supercharger Brackets for $650 Shipped M45 from the mini would suit a 320i motor while the M62 and M90 (merc kompressor and jaguar short snouts) should go well with larger 2.5 and 3L's.

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Do you have any Dyno results or documentation showing how much power they can make?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    So how much have people spent to get an M90 system with tuning and what are the dyno results?

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by 328iFun View Post
    Do you have any Dyno results or documentation showing how much power they can make?

Well, according to documentation and practice (on GT500) its a 650HP Capable Blower at exceeding 1100CFM with a 2.1 drive. That said the m122H has put about a bar of boost on a m50tub25 with 250k miles but we are yet to dyno run it, maybe sometime next month. its a far more capable blower than m90 or m112 and pretty much all roots blowers before it. we assume it will easily add an extra 300HP to anything 2-3L you bolt it up to.

Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    So how much have people spent to get an M90 system with tuning and what are the dyno results?
    Unsure as pretty much everybody seems to just gos for the SC14 hence the price drop for M90's.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 08-17-2017 at 05:00 PM.

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Would love to see a dyno. People would want to see dyno before purchase

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast