Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    One Too Many
    5th of March 2017

Far the days come, where I was 2 years ago, on this day; ......
    ....and where I am now, today.

Update 1.

The M122H Setup is still coming. There is not much updates on that,

Update 2.

SC14 in American Endurance Races

I am still offering Whiteprints and Brackets for the SC14 Setup, which is currently running in a car gone on the American Endurance Races, Team Tequila Petrol. Only low boost.

Update 3.

Eaton M90

Also, here is a video of an M90 setup done solely by my partner Keith Caldwell, he and I am now combining our mental and financial capacities to bring out the M122H setup.

Last edited by shogun; 04-14-2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: personal attacks removed
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Something big will be coming this summer. Anarchy is coming.

Teasers.

m``112h.jpg

My Cars
    95 M3 Coupe
    Awesome Build!I believe a lot of us are looking forward to this!

My Cars
    328i
    To be honest I don't understand why you won't just show some dynos and tuning results for the SC14. If you, or maybe even a customer, could prove the original kit gives the kinds of gains it should in theory then you would convince more people to buy and likely make back the expense several times. Then you could move on to the more ambitious (and expensive therefore fewer potential customers) superchargers with credibility to your name.

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    I think the term renegade fits well. *nods head

My Cars
    One Too Many
    More Updates on the M122H as Promised.

These are the HMW KC Designs Prototype discharge plate for the M122H and M140 TVS Roots Blowers.

As said earlier, this is the single largest diy supercharger project ever undertaken for any BMW, the blower is the length of the engine, and its a joint realization of the original vision made possible with me and my partner Keith's collaboration. Keith is working on casting the future variations in aluminum on his mini foundry! The M62 and M90 short snout blower setups are also near completion.

0406171659.jpg

0406171658b.jpg

0406171658a.jpg

Update 2 - HMW Project 17

A newer more refined blog as been one of my intentions for a while and its been a few years since I started the M52supercharged blog but I am now finally shifting my work logs and offerings into a proper self hosted blog and domain.
    edit:

Quote Originally Posted by adam120 View Post
    Awesome Build!I believe a lot of us are looking forward to this!
    Thank you! I look forward to being of service.

Quote Originally Posted by Mygyl View Post
    To be honest I don't understand why you won't just show some dynos and tuning results for the SC14. If you, or maybe even a customer, could prove the original kit gives the kinds of gains it should in theory then you would convince more people to buy and likely make back the expense several times. Then you could move on to the more ambitious (and expensive therefore fewer potential customers) superchargers with credibility to your name.
    Hi there! all that has already been done, I am no longer concerned about funding, I have a few clients and associates in the UK should you want any direct feedback I can also have them cut the brackets there for you, few builds going on the UK currently. What I want to do now is far more profound, which is mounting one of the largest commercially available oem blowers onto one of these cars. Which is the M122H and M140H TVS.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 04-16-2017 at 03:01 AM. Reason: unneccessary audio material removed, which is not related to this project!
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    More Updates on the M122H as Promised.

These are the HMW KC Designs Prototype discharge plate for the M122H and M140 TVS Roots Blowers.

As said earlier, this is the single largest diy supercharger project ever undertaken for any BMW, the blower is the length of the engine, and its a joint realization of the original vision made possible with me and my partner Keith's collaboration. Keith is working on casting the future variations in aluminum on his mini foundry! The M62 and M90 short snout blower setups are also near completion.
    M122 is 122 cubic inches, which works out to 2.0L. I think there are a few larger 2.1L twinscrew kits already installed on E36. Tanks95 is one example. But to be fair to you, those 2.1L twinscrew systems are not budget supercharger builds.

Over on Boost Addicts and German Boost, people have been working on M62 kits using the older M112 and also the newer TVS. I think someone on ebay was also selling M62 kits. The M112 is only 1.8L, but at least one person machined the case to install M122 rotors for more displacement. Threads here:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...r-Kit-E39-540i

http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...E39-540i/page9

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Yeah, biggest supercharger install ever on BMW.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    not showing objective dyno results but saying they should go ask for the subjective opinion of some customers in some country sounds convincing.

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    M122 is 122 cubic inches, which works out to 2.0L. I think there are a few larger 2.1L twinscrew kits already installed on E36. Tanks95 is one example. But to be fair to you, those 2.1L twinscrew systems are not budget supercharger builds.

Over on Boost Addicts and German Boost, people have been working on M62 kits using the older M112 and also the newer TVS. I think someone on ebay was also selling M62 kits. The M112 is only 1.8L, but at least one person machined the case to install M122 rotors for more displacement. Threads here:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...r-Kit-E39-540i

http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...E39-540i/page9

Hi pbonsalb! Long time!

The M112 is an outdated 90's Blower. We are using the M122H found from the 07-12 and TVS found on Later Mustang Shelby GT500's.

I have seen Tank95's years ago, Thats a $9K Kit 400-500HP Build using the 2.1L Twin Screw Blowers, Intercooled with Air to Water to Air. Great piece of kit but not everyone can afford it.

Our setup uses a commonly available 2.0 - 2.3L roots blowers proven to be capable of flowing 650+ HP and out do Twin screws at certain RPM's, Wont even cost half as much to put together and will have a full fledged Air to Air Intercooling. In final form can even accommodate a 5L KB!

Also Note: 1x M122H (1100CFM) will flow 4x M62 (300CFM), And thats a 1L roots blower, not far from my old SC14 Project. So I dont know why would anybody use a M62 blower on a BMW V8 4L+ M6X Engine). You be the Judge

As for the two Topics, I have seen and read those both, the M112 blower project for 540i was a Failure. The M62 was a one off from what I remember, I have clients from Germany and Netherlands/Holland, who don't seem to be keen on any of these "attempts". There was one guy who even gave somebody a kit that never fit and a story of someone not getting their money back, me..I have An US Government Official at the Director's office in Pennsylvania who can vouch of my craftsmanship!

Edit: Just noticed the thread on Bimmerboost, its a different one to the old M112 on M62 Motor Project.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...39-540i/page19

These ones are well done, no doubt, hands down; successful to a great degree, however they are working with a BMW V8. We are working on a BMW I6. Two different Beasts and platforms, on top of that, it still uses a smaller blower M112 then our 2L and 2.3L ones. Those are not only smaller but 40% lesser then a M140H TVS and about 30% then a M122H. Plus look how fast our progress is, that thread is from 2013 and still how much production level "kits" vice versa is available to the general public so they can replicate the setup? where is the documentation, well presented, relies on jaguar parts, what are the costs? Availability, See, a long way to go. Now after we are done with the I6 motors, I will likely want to move into the V8 Motors, But again, totally different than what anybody has attempted. Mark my words.

That said, I do appreciate your critical take on it, and my response intends no disrespect towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    1. Even then, So What? Its A One Off.

Picture Above is Original Though, A Locomotive Supercharger.

Great Build. "both" of them. But..

- Likely That's a One off.

- Likely Not even a BMW Engine.

- Non Intercooled

- Likely a Crappy 6-71 Diesel Blower.

- Definitely Hood is Cut.

- Definitely Not Bolt On

My Project?

- Available to Public - Read NOT One off AKA anybody can do it.

- Universal For All 2 Generation of BMW 6 Cylinder Engines & 7 Generations of Chassis!

- A Modern Roots Supercharger used on a 650Hp Mustang, 1100CFM (M122H or M140H)

- Intercooled.

- Definitely Hood is NOT cut.

Did I say Install? No. Public Project, Yes!

"Mounting one of the largest commercially available oem blowers onto one of these cars. Which is the M122H and M140H TVS. "

So Yea, The Largest & Most Successful commercially available OEM Supercharger BMW Project for Public.

Leave Butters, Go Deal with it, I dont want you here. If you didn't get the memo last time.

*Added to Ignore List.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 04-13-2017 at 06:36 PM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    wait wait not so fast, i have to update my list

- asked for objective dyno results (numbers are pretty objective)
    - doesn't show, says you should go ask for the subjective opinion of some customers
    - realizes he has no good argument for his point
    - tries to ignore it

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Well, for all the time and effort it better put down well over 500whp. As there are a couple guys that are/have on simple used vortech kits.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Well, for all the time and effort it better put down well over 500whp. As there are a couple guys that are/have on simple used vortech kits.
    SC14 at 3 PSi added only around 25WHP. anything over 8PSI and too much timing needed pulling and inter cooling was needed else too much hot air. Got dyno Sheets at low boost and high boost but guy wont like me posting anything until races are over.

With this new M122H Blower, Our Goal is 600RWHP+, Its 1100CFM at 2.1 Ratio (14000RPM) within factory specs and supply more then that much power on the 5L V8 Shelby GT500 motor (NA which is around 380HP give or take), And it achieves all that without being air to air intercooled. So intercooled, it should be able to do quite well. Then there is the 2.3L TVS.

Besides used vortech kits dont come by everyday, this does.

Hopes up!
    Last edited by MisterM52; 04-13-2017 at 07:07 AM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    - asked for objective dyno results (numbers are pretty objective)
    - doesn't show, says you should go ask for the subjective opinion of some customers (means the numbers aren't too good. otherwise we would see it)
    - realizes he has no good argument for his point
    - tries to ignore it/avoid it (multiple times)
    - gives link to a post where some shady user who was thrown out of the forum multiple times brabbels some gibberish about respect and being a gentleman (probably himself anyway idc)
    - shows some video (might be regionally different but where i come from, a video is not a dyno paper)

update:

- shows links of some posts of pictures of some chargers (might be regionally different, but where i come from a picture of a charger is not a dyno paper with numbers on it)
    - links to some useless gibberish (idk why, maybe distraction tactic to avoid talking about not having too good numbers on dyno papers, which must be the reason we never see any)
    - links video again where you can hear some noise and see trees go by (subjective>useless)
    - says he has many testimonials of people (these are subjective>useless) to avoid showing dyno papers (dyno papers are objective>useful). (this means the numbers are bad, otherwise he would show them.)
    - makes some letters bigger in a quote trying to be funny, which indicates he got hit in his weak spot
    - says his dyno papers are some top secret stuff (searching for excuse to not show them, instead of confessing that the numbers don't look good) and only we (me) don't get to see it, but someone else would. says that because he knows we can't check if it's true.
    Last edited by samy01; 04-13-2017 at 07:18 AM.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by samy01 View Post
    not showing objective dyno results but saying they should go ask for the subjective opinion of some customers in some country sounds convincing.
    No Care for bad odor.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...3#post29606343

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...4#post29606344

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2236162-Interest-on-a-Very-Budget-Supercharger-Build&p=29606571#post29606571

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...5#post29670225

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...7#post29621327

http://bmwfanatics.ru/forumvb/viewto...49959#p4749959

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/56779...comment-616666

Got tens of testimonials I can mention and ten times more I cant, all will be shown in the new blog. Everything else has been answered.

Enjoy the 24hr Endurance Tested Rubber. That's all YOU are ever gonna get.

Last edited by shogun; 04-14-2017 at 06:33 PM. Reason: revised by mod, no fighting please

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Btw not no Photoshop, or ms paint.
    https://youtu.be/wSi5Yh48Kec

And 4 ur information, I'm not trying to discredit you. I'm trying to push you. Give you an incentive to get shi$ done. You take my comments as attacks but they are far from that. Maybe just maybe I know a thing or two. I have along with my locals have built these e36's from the ground up, every aspect of these cars. I've been in the scene for a good amount of time, I own my own shop and have been in the business for almost 20years. I know your excited, and I'm excited for you. But your excitement is harming you. I don't want to go on and on.

Get this done and get it on a dyno. Never claim its the biggest, baddest or fastest. When people read this it pushes them away and instantly want to prove you wrong. There are builds out there that people have spent more time and money on tucking a bay then our cars are worth. There is a 8-9 second blown e30 that constantly visits my home track, that's in little ol NH. But doesn't ever flaunt on the internet. There are loads of builds out there that are tucked away making stupid power and taken years to fabricate.

Make your kit, don't make claims until you have proof in your hand. You can pick any product on the market, any. When they are "revealed" there is data to back the ads. Cause its been tried tested.
    I'm trying to help you.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up

Okay For the Record,

E46 M3 with an LSX V8 swap and twin screw blower
    from Australia (AKA YoungGermanSlutParadise #2)

http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...oost-really-is

Wonderful Piece of machine, But Really, a 7.0L LSX V8 in a E46 with a Oldschool Blower and claims of 600WHP but not dynos yet! There are certainly better ways; even I have higher goals with my new project. It loses its BMW touch with a giant blower sticking out the hood and even the engine is not a BMW anymore.

And dont get me wrong, this is a Monster Build, mad props to him for doing it, So this is a one off, not something every guy from this forum can do. That said I have thought of considering one of these Desel 6 or 8-71 blowers original intended to supply the engines with the air they naturally could not, hence they were called blowers. So I take it back, this is genuine however not only they are bulky and old, its not a BMW, If they were that good the New GT500 Would be using these instead of the Eaton TVS and M122H to Hit 650WHP.

Btw not no Photoshop, or ms paint.
    https://youtu.be/wSi5Yh48Kec

And 4 ur information, I'm not trying to discredit you. I'm trying to push you. Give you an incentive to get shi$ done. You take my comments as attacks but they are far from that. Maybe just maybe I know a thing or two. I have along with my locals have built these e36's from the ground up, every aspect of these cars. I've been in the scene for a good amount of time, I own my own shop and have been in the business for almost 20years. I know your excited, and I'm excited for you. But your excitement is harming you. I don't want to go on and on.

Get this done and get it on a dyno. Never claim its the biggest, baddest or fastest. When people read this it pushes them away and instantly want to prove you wrong. There are builds out there that people have spent more time and money on tucking a bay then our cars are worth. There is a 8-9 second blown e30 that constantly visits my home track, that's in little ol NH. But doesn't ever flaunt on the internet. There are loads of builds out there that are tucked away making stupid power and taken years to fabricate.

Make your kit, don't make claims until you have proof in your hand. You can pick any product on the market, any. When they are "revealed" there is data to back the ads. Cause its been tried tested.
    I'm trying to help you.
    Alright! I see what you are trying to do, ofcourse I thought all this time you were attacking me for no reason and trying to discredit me, see different people react differently, so perhaps altering your methods of delivery or even doing the pushing would not give me the wrong idea. I am sure you know far more than a thing or two Butters, I mean you are the posterchild for Turbos and BMW's here, with a 10sec/600WHP+ BMW dropping the droll of every young bmw enthuaist and getting some panties in a tingle. Well Thanks for making that clear.

Now we intentd to get this done and underway this year, I have some Dynos for the SC14 Setup, its a bit short but not that far from my expectations really; Once the race seasons are over, and I can upgrade the folks to a M122H, I will post them here just to shut up the swizcheesecakefatty. But point noted about the claims and all that and loads of builds that go un noticed, there is actually a kid 2 houses down my street whos put on a 6-71 on his ford or something, nice noise and all, but not much go from when I saw it going.

I think the M52/M50 and Specially the S50 Euro and S52 US are great motors to start with that can handle the power, the M122H is capable from looks of its applications on similarly powered engines. So specially with a built motor, we hope it will be a substantial option. But again lets see what comes out. So yes, thanks for clearing things up, thanks for the help and thanks for the support.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 04-13-2017 at 07:10 PM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Over the summer I am helping my employee fab up a gt500 blower to his dodge Dakota. The blower needs to be sent in to have the snout changed to the jaguar style. This will be on a dodge 4.7. We are doing it just to do it. First we wanted to build up a big turbo diesel from a bread truck. But, yeah those stupid little engines are huge monies. So, we are doing a M120 iirc.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up

Over the summer I am helping my employee fab up a gt500 blower to his dodge Dakota. The blower needs to be sent in to have the snout changed to the jaguar style. This will be on a dodge 4.7. We are doing it just to do it. First we wanted to build up a big turbo diesel from a bread truck. But, yeah those stupid little engines are huge monies. So, we are doing a M120 iirc.
    Well I am glad we got that behind us. You let me know if there is something I can be of assistance with in your project, I have a few sources for these blowers that work out much cheaper than anything on the market. I can also grab you some templates for the bottom discharge plate for you. The 4.7 motor on that should respond well enough, its a 300HPish na something motor iirc. The blower should give a good oomph. Throttle bodies before the blower is for best results and lowering the noise. Also if your budget allows, I would switch to the TVS 2.3L M140H blower instead of the M122H, its apparently giving better numbers then the 2.3L twin screw and keeps up with a 2.9L whipple according to some test results I read on the ford blogs and forums. But yea, either way the M122H is also a good option. All the best with both our setups!
    Last edited by MisterM52; 04-14-2017 at 11:50 AM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Link to said blog or website ?
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    This is a big jump, going from 3 psi and 25 rwhp gain to 600 rwhp. That is about a 400 rwhp gain on a USA S52. With the bigger blower, you are probably looking at over 20 psi. That is a lot boost to generate by dragging on the crank -- heats up the oil and increases the thermal load on the motor. 600 rwhp from a supercharger is probably 750 hp at the crank. It would be fun to see this, but more modest numbers like 400-500 rwhp are probably the broader market and much easier to achieve.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Gentlemen, personal attacks/comments removed, if you want to have this thread not closed, stop personal attacks
    Last edited by shogun; 04-14-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    This is a big jump, going from 3 psi and 25 rwhp gain to 600 rwhp. That is about a 400 rwhp gain on a USA S52. With the bigger blower, you are probably looking at over 20 psi. That is a lot boost to generate by dragging on the crank -- heats up the oil and increases the thermal load on the motor. 600 rwhp from a supercharger is probably 750 hp at the crank. It would be fun to see this, but more modest numbers like 400-500 rwhp are probably the broader market and much easier to achieve.
    Well I last ran mine at 10-11PSI with a 65mm pulley till it wore out the blower, never put it on the dyno, only had some clients who did. Will post those once they are done with their race season. But I guess that was a little bump from a little blower. Very right with the bigger M122H or M140H Blowers. We have an extra M50 motor to test things out. But 500RWHP would be a good goal. But as always I will keep pushing it. Wish me best!

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    Very interesting thread.
    I can't see why some get so upset. Concept is reasonable sound, use a small cheap blower to give a relatively low boost to get more power - exactly what the manufacturers that fit the SC did.
    Selling instructions for $150 - hey it's your concept to sell. I would expect $30 - $50 on ebay would net a lot more yield as many would buy and not do.

As for 500RWHP? I expect you would relatively soon need a CR reduction and internal engine mods - 1) because just pushing more air in, no matter how wel intercooled will eventually lead to detonation without dropping CR 2) the rotating assembly probably has some limits in standard trim.

Have you looked at BMW MINI superchargers. They start from £99 on ebay
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by E36328Coupe View Post
    Very interesting thread.
    I can't see why some get so upset. Concept is reasonable sound, use a small cheap blower to give a relatively low boost to get more power - exactly what the manufacturers that fit the SC did.
    Selling instructions for $150 - hey it's your concept to sell. I would expect $30 - $50 on ebay would net a lot more yield as many would buy and not do.

As for 500RWHP? I expect you would relatively soon need a CR reduction and internal engine mods - 1) because just pushing more air in, no matter how wel intercooled will eventually lead to detonation without dropping CR 2) the rotating assembly probably has some limits in standard trim.

Have you looked at BMW MINI superchargers. They start from £99 on ebay

Indeed, CR drop will be needed for the goals with the new M122H or M140H setup or least to use it to its potential.

The BMW Mini Supercharger is an M54 Eaton although very small may be a good option for the RHD UK market base, and can be mounted using the same Merc M62 & Jag/Firebird M90 mounting brackets we are working on.

Thank you for the encouragement, its more than appreciated, When I am finished with my vison, pretty much all oem roots and some aftermarket twin screw blowers today will become an option for BMW Enthusiasts all around the world. So if this place became too hesitant or big headed, I would just move platforms. Now obviously its a form of Royalties or tribute what I ask I guess, That said I have actually given a lot of it out for free last year (holiday period). Specially to a few German Clients as well as US and Asian Clients for no charge.

- Hyde

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast