Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    That's like saying 1+1 doesn't equal 2 everywhere. There's one way to calculate hp. Someone must be doing something wrong, or someone interprets it wrong.
    Last edited by samy01; 01-30-2017 at 12:10 AM.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by samy01 View Post
    That's like saying 1+1 doesn't equal 2 everywhere. There's one way to calculate hp. Someone must be doing something wrong, or someone interprets it wrong.
    You my friend have a lot of learning to do how even the original term "horsepower" was coined, this is not 1 + 1. The number will sometimes vary from shop to shop as in machine to machine. The way its setup to calculate could be somewhat off, and in this case, go to any NZ forum and find the term "inflated" when US Dyno numbers are brought. Now ofcourse altitude, sea level, air/humidity etc environmental factors will play in peak hp, but in most cases not that drastically, it all comes down to how the machines are setup by, a dynojet in us may record far more then a dynojet here, and some people even setup their own machines. Its too complicated to explain, you must learn as you go. But even at that trap speeds are a good bar to go by as well as of course before and after. I remember seeing sheets of some guy with a 5 speed m50 mani, light weight flywheel, headers etc @ 115rwkw something from a m52b28 and 150rwkw+ something with around from 4psi off a vortech..So yea..
    Last edited by MisterM52; 01-30-2017 at 12:22 AM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    Believe whatever you want.

But be very quiet about telling people what they have to learn if you don't know who they are, what they've learned or what they do for a living when yourself can't check the oil level properly, or at least explain, when asked why you did it with the engine running and answering "because checking pcv", how this answers the question of checking oil with engine running.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Believe whatever you want.

But be very quiet about telling people what they have to learn if you don't know who they are, what they've learned or what they do for a living when yourself can't check the oil level properly, or at least explain, when asked why you did it with the engine running and answering "because checking pcv", how this answers the question of checking oil with engine running.
    Take your own advise.

Whats your game here with your passive aggressive agent provocateur attitude?

1. Its not about what I believe, Its about dyno sheets which show totally different results for NZ vs US Dynos on the same car with same NA mods! End of story.

2. Its not 1+1 or even relative to that simple maths, if you knew anything about dynos you would not be asking or even be posting that nonsense as a argument or question.

3. Now that you have been "had" you chose to post something else which is totally irrelevant to this post to undermine me. Common tactic. So I will play ball.

- Removing a dipstick while a car is running, I am not convinced if you were even sure why a M52 with a positive crank case ventilation rerouted with a one way vacuum check valve (for boost) needed its dipstick removed to not only check for a blockage but in terms of boost also see if the check valve has failed causing oil to leak by pressurizing the crank case.

4. As for assuming whom you are or your knowledge, I don't think I care much but the fact that you clearly have an personal issue with me. Perhaps Autistic or Agent Provocateur asking me if I can check my oil level on a dipstick, I have been working on cars since I was 15, if I can build these setups, I can check oil on a dipstick thank you.

Now. In a past topic of mine you had your beta male emo breakdown on a forum out of all places. Now this thread is about my development of blower setups, and I suggest stop insisting on derailing it with bad odor as my german friends like to call it.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 01-30-2017 at 02:14 AM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    tldnr

My opinion is that you know nothing useful about cars.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    tldnr

No because, once again, you lack the mental capacity, attention span and simply can not have a valid come back.

I simply dont think I care about your opinion or to deal with someone as yourself with a personal grudge on me, while lacking an attention span higher then a primate, looks to undermine me, derailing and discrediting my work and has doubtful knowledge of the pcv system and why a dipstick should be removed while the car is running or why dynamometers around the world tend to measure slightly different instead of 1+1.

In plain english good sir, GTFO and good day to you.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 01-30-2017 at 02:59 AM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
    No because, once again, you lack the mental capacity, attention span and simply can not have a valid come back.

I simply dont think I care about your opinion or to deal with someone as yourself with a personal grudge on me, while lacking an attention span higher then a primate, looks to undermine me, derailing and discrediting my work and has doubtful knowledge of the pcv system and why a dipstick should be removed while the car is running or why dynamometers around the world tend to measure slightly different instead of 1+1.

In plain english good sir, GTFO and good day to you.
    *than

then y u replying when u care so less

whatever. what do i care what a guy thinks who believes american or european hp have a different mathematical definition than NZ ones. it is math. everywhere.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    *than

then y u replying when u care so less

whatever. what do i care what a guy thinks who believes american or european hp have a different mathematical definition than NZ ones. it is math. everywhere.
    Dont think I care whatever you are after Sammy.

Bottom Line is Dyno Graphs for the Same Car with same Mods show far different results in NZ Dynos than US Dynos.

For Example 328i with m50 Manifold is reported to see 210-220WHP. Which is funny to begin with for a car that is rated 190HP AT THE CRANK. Lol.

Here same car with same mods you wont even see 150WHP! But As I said. not something I want to get into.

Also. PS: *than?? Thats the best you got? Who even gives a dime about if I made a than* to then*, native speakers are always making you're* and your*. Its the internetz, you get the message across, thats all that matters. grammar correction, piss right off with the sweaty odor.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 01-30-2017 at 04:59 AM.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    USA 328i has single vanos M52 motor rated at about 190 crank hp. With 5 speed manual trans, it will dyno on a Dynojet at about 160-165 rwhp SAE. Add just an M50 manifold with no other mods and it should do more like 175 rwhp SAE.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM52
    its not 1+1 or even relative to that simple maths, if you knew anything about dynos you would not be asking or even be posting that nonsense as a argument or question.
    This says everything. I just want everybody who wants to buy anything from you via this thread to know that YOU, the one selling, believe that measuring hp has nothing to do with simple maths. It is pretty simple, maybe not for you.

- Removing a dipstick while a car is running, I am not convinced if you were even sure why a M52 with a positive crank case ventilation rerouted with a one way vacuum check valve (for boost) needed its dipstick removed to not only check for a blockage but in terms of boost also see if the check valve has failed causing oil to leak by pressurizing the crank case.
    yes good. my english isn't that good. but to me this still doesn't answer the question why you measured the oil level on a dipstick with the engine running. i know why you pulled the dipstick. now tell me why you thought the oil level measured on that dipstick when the engine is running would be useful info. you just try to talk around this.

your tendency to personally insult other people when confronted with problems proves what i was guessing all the time. Btw odor is no german word.

And about that "i work on cars since i'm 15" blabla, wow awesome... didn't bring you anything if you didn't even know if you can charge a battery when connected.

maybe i'll better continue like all the other members from now on, not writing but laughing and ignoring things like this because it's not worth.
    Last edited by samy01; 01-30-2017 at 12:55 PM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Why is 400hp @ 10 psi a laughing matter ?

Would a Garrett GT4294R not make 400 wheel HP @ 10psi on a M/S5X motor ?

Why would a machine made by the same company sent overseas read different ?

How many pits in a pear ?

You know dam well there are more than 2 pits in a pear.

Who would win in a fight, spydergod or misterm52 ?
    Rules are only hitting below the belt, spyderGod is armed with Ezio hidden blades on right hand, a golf club in the left. MisterM52 is armed with Freddy fingers and a shake weight. Fight song is an acquired taste by Gillette titled "Short Short Man".

Proper respect to
    ~Sparky~
    Last edited by Butters Stoch; 01-30-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    One Too Many
    This says everything. I just want everybody who wants to buy anything from you via this thread to know that YOU, the one selling, believe that measuring hp has nothing to do with simple maths. It is pretty simple, maybe not for you.

Oh God, the odor on you is from hell.

Measuring HP is simple math, so by that logic HP Should read same on all machines in an ideal world.

There are a ton of variables that determine the HP, including equipment's accuracy. It surely has got a lot to do with the dyno and the program doing the measuring, claculating, correction.

As I said, otherwise every dyno sheet from two different machines would be exactly the same

yes good. my english isn't that good. but to me this still doesn't answer the question why you measured the oil level on a dipstick with the engine running. i know why you pulled the dipstick. now tell me why you thought the oil level measured on that dipstick when the engine is running would be useful info. you just try to talk around this.

your tendency to personally insult other people when confronted with problems proves what i was guessing all the time. Btw odor is no german word.

And about that "i work on cars since i'm 15" blabla, wow awesome... didn't bring you anything if you didn't even know if you can charge a battery when connected.

maybe i'll better continue like all the other members from now on, not writing but laughing and ignoring things like this because it's not worth.
    I never said Odor is a German word, but what my friends from there refer to people who get all and sweaty act as you. I think you got the joke.

You have a limited understanding of english, and you are putting words into my mouth.

I dont claim to know it all, a bit of caution is needed for these cars, nothing wrong with asking and making sure.

Seriously I am not sure what you are on about here, going on and on, as I said you have a personal issue with me, you are dragging random posts to undermine my work, hence posting here, but this is going off topic, I am not here to talk about oil level on a dipstick or how to connect the positive led to the battery positive. Basically I dont think I care, simply stop posting in my topics "laughing" just you and a few with too much time on their hands and affixed to my posts. You keep doing that and I will have a moderator clean this nonsense up then you can go laugh it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    Why is 400hp @ 10 psi a laughing matter ?

Would a Garrett GT4294R not make 400 wheel HP @ 10psi on a M/S5X motor ?

Why would a machine made by the same company sent overseas read different ?

How many pits in a pear ?

You know dam well there are more than 2 pits in a pear.

Rules are only hitting below the belt, spyderGod is armed with Ezio hidden blades on right hand, a golf club in the left. MisterM52 is armed with Freddy fingers and a shake weight. Fight song is an acquired taste by Gillette titled "Short Short Man".

Proper respect to
    ~Sparky~

I am sure it does, I have not seen one going into a bmw motor here, Go look up the local results of these cars with the same NA Mods and how the differ from the US Dynos. The M50 Manifold Thread is a prime example. They call it inflation Butters, AKA numbers being shown higher then they actually are.

Proper respect to
    ~Sparky~
    I'm not the one obsessing over boost to make up for a small wener, look at yourself next time if you gotta go around giving me a run down for trying to fit a mustang gt blower on a bmw.

I am reporting this BS, You are going on every on of my topics to derail them, troll bait them, harass with personal short comings and gone off topic on all my posts.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Interest on a Very Budget Supercharger Build??

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo

Oh God, the odor on you is from hell.

Measuring HP is simple math, so by that logic HP Should read same on all machines in an ideal world.

There are a ton of variables that determine the HP, including equipment's accuracy. It surely has got a lot to do with the dyno and the program doing the measuring, claculating, correction.

As I said, otherwise every dyno sheet from two different machines would be exactly the same

I never said Odor is a German word, but what my friends from there refer to people who get all and sweaty act as you. I think you got the joke.

You have a limited understanding of english, and you are putting words into my mouth.

I dont claim to know it all, a bit of caution is needed for these cars, nothing wrong with asking and making sure.

Seriously I am not sure what you are on about here, going on and on, as I said you have a personal issue with me, you are dragging random posts to undermine my work, hence posting here, but this is going off topic, I am not here to talk about oil level on a dipstick or how to connect the positive led to the battery positive. Basically I dont think I care, simply stop posting in my topics "laughing" just you and a few with too much time on their hands and affixed to my posts. You keep doing that and I will have a moderator clean this nonsense up then you can go laugh it off.

I am sure it does, I have not seen one going into a bmw motor here, Go look up the local results of these cars with the same NA Mods and how the differ from the US Dynos. The M50 Manifold Thread is a prime example. They call it inflation Butters, AKA numbers being shown higher then they actually are.

I'm not the one obsessing over boost to make up for a small wener, look at yourself next time if you gotta go around giving me a run down for trying to fit a mustang gt blower on a bmw.

I am reporting this BS, You are going on every on of my topics to derail them, troll bait them, harass with personal short comings and gone off topic on all my posts.
    Do it, report it.

The only thing I have done is repeatedly try to explain how this works, you don't grasp.
    Then, according to BFC rules, this thread by a "Non paying Vendor" claiming to "make money" on kits that
    have (0) <---- zero data backing the claims.

So, do it. I'm not all that worried.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    99 323Ci, 98328i verts
    http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-lying-feature

I'll just drop this here.......

"I can't claim something I can't measure," says Dinan, so the crew then wheels out the big gun: a $7000 electric fan that looks like it should be hanging on the wing of a Boeing 737. It blasts 38,000 cubic feet per minute of air at 75 mph down a narrow duct, right into the M5's radiator. The fan roars, the M5 howls, the computer twinkles, and the graph paper ticka-ticks out of the printer. It says 411.4 horsepower, the best run of the day."I'd pick up four or five more horsepower if I came back tomorrow morning and ran it at 70-degree room temperature," says Dinan. The room is currently 81 degrees.
    "Basically, what horsepower would you like? I can give you anything from 330 to 420 with the same car," Dinan says. "Blowing air with a fan isn't the same as creating a bow-pressure effect over the whole front of the car. BMW can simulate that because it has billions to spend on wind tunnels. We don't, but we can come close by spending $250,000 to $300,000 on a climate-controlled room."

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Do it, report it.

The only thing I have done is repeatedly try to explain how this works, you don't grasp.
    Then, according to BFC rules, this thread by a "Non paying Vendor" claiming to "make money" on kits that
    have (0) <---- zero data backing the claims.

So, do it. I'm not all that worried.
    No no, bottom line is you are just giving me a bloody run abouts hassle giving me personal attacks for nothing.

The only thing you have done is trying to troll bait my topics, since past weeks.

And this is your bloody game, that I have a thread here and may have sent a few setups to folks who paid me to put together parts for them.

You are derailing the thread and I dont want that. So simply put piss off.
    "So we've come to the conclusion that BMW just has parts laying around they decide to throw on cars for no reason."

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Locking it up for now.
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    One Too Many

Thumbs up

Project Anarchy has Begun.

Project is being worked on by Me and a new Partner in 'the State of Anarchy'.

h122m.jpg

- Project Involves Eaton 2L Roots H122M Out of 2007-2012 Shelby GT500 Mustang
    - Capable of 1100CFM at 14000RPM (2.1 Blower to Engine Ratio or a 2.7" Pulley / OE 5.45" Crank Pulley)
    - That gives it theoretical ability to support 650HP (1100/1.67)
    - Will have Custom Manifolds who another associate is working on
    - Will be Front Mount Intercooled (Air to Air).

* Design is centered around M5X Motor brackets with ability to support of 2.3 - 2.6L Eaton TVS Type Blowers
    * As well able to mount greater twin screw blowers with same dimensions,
    eg. The Autorotor and Lysholm (rebranded as Whipple/Kenne Bell in US)

I am funding the entire project myself, Should the design be successful, prototypes will be offered to be tested at expense of testers. However German Girl (s) get Special Discounts.

Warm Regards,
    - Hyde
    Currently living in Whangarei, Northland, NZ.

* Disclaimer I am not associated with any brands above, This a personal project for both involved. And some say I'm the russian sounding guy who doesn't know how to check oil on a dipstick. And I am also not working for the KGB.

My Cars
    Are there any testimonials from people who have installed your kit or made one from your blueprints ? That will probably be the best validation. Sorry op I didn't read through the 10 pages, if they are there could you kindly post directly links, thanks.

You could also include testimonial links in your signature. That would be best.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Gentlemen, I give you a teaser of some progress of the mighty Eaton M122H inside a E36 Engine Bay.

The Project is being led by me and my humble partner in anarchy; Keith C. from NJ, USA.

Should we be able to give my vision success; you will all have M122H blowers as the next M50 Manifold fad.
    m122h.jpg

In Other news, about my dipstick. No; The one in the car. I still have not figured out how to check my oil level and I am sweating all the time these days as if I was from Geneva.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richard81 View Post
    Are there any testimonials from people who have installed your kit or made one from your blueprints ? That will probably be the best validation. Sorry op I didn't read through the 10 pages, if they are there could you kindly post directly links, thanks.

You could also include testimonial links in your signature. That would be best.
    Hello and Greetings!

No need to read through many pages, I have a number of clients and from them whom follow up and happy to share it, that said I have some clients in EU, Germany, UK, NZ, Aus, Asia, US and even South Africa. Some cases I just give my white prints out at no charge! That was the case past holiday season, all old clients and anybody who wanted the prints, were given them free of charge.

I have worked with a few tuners and actually your next door (where most of my family is at) Andreas @ Fekzen.se in Sweden is one of my personal go to tuners for that part; and I have worked with a few others as Dave @ Markert Motor Works, US.

Here are few recent ones,

James from UK living in Japan, hes doing one of my builds off my Whiteprints

Kris in Malaysia doing one on his E38 728i, He has access to the best Dutch food money can buy in Malaysia!

1.jpg2.jpg

Another is Phil who's a participant of American Endurance Racing in Pennsylvania, looking to Run a clutched low boost on demand setup.

2.jpg 3.jpg
    Last edited by MisterM52; 02-21-2017 at 02:50 AM.

My Cars
    One Too Many
    Bryce in NZ is also doing one of my setups, as you can tell his car is quite photogenic showing up in all the right places and car shows.

1.jpg 2.jpg

There are many more; for every one I post, there are likely times many more I can not for client privacy reasons.

Oh, And we are also working on M62, M90 setups and have plans for a TVS 2300 and prospectus 4.7L Kenne Bell Setup in the distant future.
    Last edited by MisterM52; 02-21-2017 at 02:49 AM.

My Cars
    tldnr

Samy, what do you think about the OP's newly posted list of satisfied customers ?

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I am looking forward to the dyno or dragstrip results.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard81 View Post
    Samy, what do you think about the OP's newly posted list of satisfied customers ?
    no care

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    I am looking forward to the dyno or dragstrip results.
    no

OP, this is a fair expectation. You have acquired that status. Please post dyno results, with a baseline dyno on an unmodified equivalent engine, so that we can eliminate errors created by calibration differences between kiwi and US dyno rigs. Yes, I actually read that tortuous exchange.

My Cars
    no care
    You're not enough of a gentleman to apologise to him ? Perhaps you are waiting for him to post dyno results before you overcome your embarrassment in treating him with such blatant disrespect? And running risk of the mods along the way ?

{OP, another reason for you to get to your benchmarked dyno.}

I want to register my kudos to MisterM52 here. Most people would think of dumping in a 1JZ or 2JZ engine, but he used his brains and came up with a solid modification that maintained the core of the bmw insofar as enthusiasts are concerned - the engine - and yet improved on the original. He did it within budget, and created instructions which any half decent mechanic will be able to execute within 1-2 hours on the car flawlessly. He showed the path to purchasing all the relevant equipment. And he did it all for on a very low budget relatively speaking. Even 16 yr old kids are looking seriously at his upgrade with bated breath and dripping saliva - that's how well thought out it has been.

High intelligence and commitment to results from start to finish. Outstanding sir.

Richard
    Last edited by Richard81; 02-21-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast