Thread: Stock sensor connector and pin help [xpost]

My Cars
    None currently!

Stock sensor connector and pin help [xpost]

(I'm crossposting this here because I think people in this forum may be able to help as well)

Hi all,

I'm building a custom wiring harness for my engine management on an S52. I'm trying to source the stock connectors and pins from BMW so I don't have to splice any wires.

I'm having a really hard time matching the pins up to the connectors.

For example, the connector for the coolant temp sensor is: 12521703571
    It references 61130007657 but that comes with a wire attached. I think I found a pin I can use 61131376191 but it is .5mm longer.

For the next example, the 3 pin connector that the CPS' use is 12521706096 and they reference 12520007253 as the pin. However, once again, that has a wire attached. I think I found 61138364583 that will work but I really have no clue if it will fit perfectly.

I am also trying to find the two pin connector that the VANOS solenoid uses, but it says it is no longer produced...

Anyone have advice for me?

Thanks!
    Thanks,
    Matt

'91 Granit Sedan Turbo S52 | '13 Carbon Black F10 550iX MSport | '89 Zinno Sedan iX

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540i/6
    Bump for info
    "The juice is worth the squeeze"

M60B44 high compression build, Billies + eibach, ssk, SPEC SMFW, Hamann HM2s and other goodies

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    tyco makes most of the stuff however spending a day looking for parts didnt really pan out for me. How about just getting an old engine harness and cleaning it up?

My Cars
    None currently!
    Quote Originally Posted by bry195 View Post
    tyco makes most of the stuff however spending a day looking for parts didnt really pan out for me. How about just getting an old engine harness and cleaning it up?
    There are some things I would really like to replace with new wire on, like the cam and crank sensor. I have some really nice shielded wire so I wanted to use that. Thanks for the tip though, I had a friend tell me the same thing about Tyco.

But for future reference I found out some things and was able to order what I believe to be the correct connectors and pins. The 3-pin and 2-pin connectors used by most engine sensors are called JPT connectors (Junior power timer). They are a standard apparently and that is even what BMW lists the connectors as. I was able to find them on Mouser along with the pins.

That was the key I needed, so if anyone else is looking to do the same do some searching on the JPT connectors!
    Thanks,
    Matt

'91 Granit Sedan Turbo S52 | '13 Carbon Black F10 550iX MSport | '89 Zinno Sedan iX