Thread: wanna use non-run flat tires...

My Cars
    2014 BMW X1 sDrive28i

Question wanna use non-run flat tires...

hello,
    I decided to go with normal tires after reading the forums and finding the hatred for run flat tires. I am going to buy the PILOT SUPER SPORT

tires from Costco since they are cheaper, but they said they won't offer any warranty because I am putting a non run flat tire on a run flat car. So,
    1. Do you think it will damage the wheel if I use a non run flat tire?
    2. Should I care about the lack of warranty support?

Thanks

My Cars
    2009 328I
    No warranty?...Don't know what Costco you went to but mine installed Michelin A3's

to replace the run flats (yeah... for only 50 miles..what if you are 150 miles out on a Sunday?) on my 328I with nary a word about warranty. You should worry about mounting run flats damaging your wheels, not the other way round...those puppies are stiff as hell and require much more force to mount!

My Cars
    99 323Ci, 98328i verts
    That makes no damn sese at all, I would find another place or ask to get that in writing and send it to Michelin. No such thing as a "Run flat car". When I encounter a shop that displays that level of ignorance, I generally would not trust them to perform any work.

My Cars
    X1
    I went with the run-flats, it gave me a huge extra space in the trunk area for storage.