Thread: X1 CPO buying feedback

My Cars
    BMW X1

X1 CPO buying feedback

Hello all, I'm looking at buying my first BMW (CPO X1 28i xdrive) and I'm looking for some feedback on a couple that I am close to choosing and pulling the trigger on.

The first is a 1-owner 2013 in my preferred color, 26K miles with the Sport Line, Cold Weather and Technology packages. It also does have leatherette. This vehicle is at my closest and preferred BMW dealership.

The second is a 2-owner (with the first being listed as commercial) 2014 with 20K miles in a color that I am neutral on. It is pretty loaded with the Premium, Technology, Cold Weather and Lighting packages. This vehicle is at local BMW dealership that is about an hour away and that is not at the top of my list.

Prices are within $100 of each other.

I am a light driver (less than 7,500 miles/year) who keeps cars for a minimum of 10 years. Thus from what I've read the leatherette may not be a negative in my case and I had no issues with the look and feel of it.

The 2014 has the appeal of basically giving me an extra year of warranty coverage (as my time will run out before I hit the miles limit). But I am concerned about the 2-owner/commercial thing.

I would love to hear feedback from you guys, especially those who have gone the CPO route before.

Thanks!

My Cars
    United States
    What do you figure the commercial use was? 20K miles isn't too bad in my book for two years of use. I bought a CPO 2015 in August that was a loaner. My dealer had about eight of them that all went into service in Octover 2015 and were pulled out to sell this fall. All of them were between 8-13K miles. Mine was around 7,500 miles. All I can say was the CPO treatment was superb. At this point I can't tell a difference between my CPO and a brand new model and I almost feel a bit safer knowing any "bugs" have been shaken out before me. Happy as a duck in water!
    Bluejay3

2012 335is Le Mans Blue Metallic Convertible/Leather Dakota Grey and Black
    • Navigation
    • BMW Assist
    • Cold Weather Package
    • Premium Package
    • 19" Style 313 Wheels
    • DCT
    • Comfort Access
    • Harmon Kardon
    • BMW Apps
    • Combox
    • Matte Black Kidney Grills
    • Painted Reflectors
    • Cobb Tuning AccessPort
    • aFe Stage 2 Intake Package

My Cars
    2015 328i
    How do you like the 19" wheels? Any issue finding the tires?