Thread: Cunningham BMW vs. BMW of San Diego

My Cars
    97 silver M3 coupe

Cunningham BMW vs. BMW of San Diego

This is mostly price wise. I asked both places how much the lip under the bumper on my 97 m3 would cost. Cunningham- $97, San Diego- $85.39. To adjust my headlights: Cunningham- $94, San Diego- $50. I don't remember the prices, but my mom wanted new floor mats and needed a new cd changer in her 95 7 series, and both were cheaper at BMW of San Diego. This sucks, because I've grown to like cunningham. They're a dinan and AC Schnitzer dealer, they have a race team, some of the guys there go autocrossing, and they always know what I'm talking about. I asked sdbmw about the lip on my bumper, and the lady was like...what...? Also, here's the big one, when I went autocrossing, BMWCCA said they're not putting our full last name (only the first initial) or the year of our cars anymore because BMW of San Diego goes to the BMWCCA website, checks the names of who autcrosses, and if you got a problem with your car and take it to them, they void your warranty cuz you race. So, do I buy from bastards that charge less, or from good guys that charge more for the same thing?

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    BMWSD are pricks. I barely ever go there for parts, and NEVER for service, despite the fact that it's 2.1 miles from my house.

I always used Brecht, but got tired of the 35 minute drive up there. Then I switched to Harloff, but recently they screwed up the M Coupe pretty badly. Now I'm contemplating Cunningham.

I've been recommended to go to Cunningham by many, many people.

My Cars
    E36 M3's and E46 M3
    cunnhingham is good. I'll drive down there because the parts and service people know what they talking about. Brecht is good also. Lately I have been using brecht because it close to my house ( 2 minutes drive). BMW of SD want to charge me $50 for the radio code. Brecht and Cunningham both offer to give it free of charge

My Cars
    2015 Tacoma, '86 951
    You should reconsider harloff Ben, I start there in about a 2 months, I wouldn't mind working on your car
    Retired Track E36
    Jet Black 2012 328i

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    Harloff is at the top of my sh*t list right now.

I'm going to be driving up there tomorrow to have words with my Service Advisor.

My Cars
    2015 Tacoma, '86 951
    what did they do?
    Retired Track E36
    Jet Black 2012 328i

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    I had my Coupe in there to have the airbag brain replaced a little over a month ago.

A) Scratches on my blue center console.

B) Scratch (deep) on my oil temp gauge lens.

C) Rattling under drivers knee bolster, I took it off and it turns out they only reinstalled half of the bolts for the impact absorbing panel. The other half were left on top of the bolster. That's what was rattling.

D) Fan speed dial and oil temp gauge lights never got reconnected.

E) Shift knob was improperly reinstalled -- it popped off, snapping one of the light wires.

F) Tabs on alarm breakage sensor blank plate were broken, and it's surround wasn't clipped in from the bottom. I went over a speed bump and the damn thing popped out of the center console. It's been hanging there ever since.

Those are the major ones.

Very, very unhappy with the level of service there.

My Cars
    2015 Tacoma, '86 951
    Sorry to hear man, hopefully you'll return someday after I start this sept.
    Retired Track E36
    Jet Black 2012 328i

My Cars
    '98 M3
    I think i saw you at Harloff today... i'm the jackass that drives around x3s all day, well today anyway.

Do you have any idea on who did the work on your car? Most of are techs are very good, but we have a few that are less than stellar

Current Ride: 1998 M3 Coupe - Cosmos Schwarz on Black über stock
    | Polished LTWs | Dinan Stg 2 Software | X Brace | OEM Clears | Custom ZKWs | 55w 6000k HIDs | Euro Airbox - still not on! | Strömung Exhaust | Hardwired V1 | Euro M3 GT Cluster |

Previous Ride: 1994 325is - Schwarz on Black
    A few mods

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    Haha, yeah were you the white guy f*cking with ski racks on the X3's?

I ran up there to pick up some parts from Larry and give Ray Rhubottom (a great guy -- it's obviously the tech's fault) a hard time.

Lemme see if I can pull out my invoice from the service...

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    Invoice says it was Tech #591, if that helps at all.

My Cars
    '98 M3
    Haha, yup that was me dicking with the roof racks. The two X3s that had those were turned into service loaners and i had to figure out how to take those damn things off. It took me like 30 min to find the stupid key haha!!!

I can find out who the tech is tomorrow

We've got a few techs who have no idea what the hell they are doing... but for whatever reason haven't been fired.

| Polished LTWs | Dinan Stg 2 Software | X Brace | OEM Clears | Custom ZKWs | 55w 6000k HIDs | Euro Airbox - still not on! | Strömung Exhaust | Hardwired V1 | Euro M3 GT Cluster |

A few mods

My Cars
    2015 Tacoma, '86 951
    oh that bastard 591
    Retired Track E36
    Jet Black 2012 328i

My Cars
    2015 Tacoma, '86 951
    Quote Originally Posted by RedV
    Haha, yup that was me dicking with the roof racks. The two X3s that had those were turned into service loaners and i had to figure out how to take those damn things off. It took me like 30 min to find the stupid key haha!!!

I can find out who the tech is tomorrow

We've got a few techs who have no idea what the hell they are doing... but for whatever reason haven't been fired.

tell dick to call me back when he gets a chance this week
    Retired Track E36
    Jet Black 2012 328i

My Cars
    '98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by SR20Fastback
    tell dick to call me back when he gets a chance this week
    Leaving 4 voicemails wasn't enough?

A few mods

My Cars
    2015 Tacoma, '86 951
    Quote Originally Posted by RedV
    Leaving 4 voicemails wasn't enough?

no, I might try to call Mark instead, we'll see what happens. bah, time for bed... stupid work in the morning
    Retired Track E36
    Jet Black 2012 328i