Thread: Need Help, Identifying part, 1991 850i, trying to get brakes fixed.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i 6-Speed

Need Help, Identifying part, 1991 850i, trying to get brakes fixed.

Hello all, again sorry for the newbie questions. I was the one who bought a nice 850i down here in the desert southwest town of El Paso. This is the car that was stuck in a garage by ill fate of previous owner with brake and abs system dissasembled and missing parts. I finally got my master cylinder in, so along with my used but supposedly good abs control unit I started working on the car only to see I was missing another part! I got on these forums and found another 8'er owners engine bay pictures to illustrate the part I am missing. See red arrows in pics, again this is another members car not mine, but just illustrating the part I am missing. What is it called? Part#? I though it was the brake pressure regulator but when I search online for it for my 1991 850i I get a technical drawing of the brake bomb and along with it a similar looking "pressure regulator" part but it does not look like the one in the engine bay pictures, the technical drawing shows a smaller part with different threaded connections. I also included a picture of a brake pressure regulator on sale on ebay which again looks smaller and does not look to me like the part in the engine bay pictures, the part in the engine bay pictures looks visibly bigger, thread connections point forward and away towards front of car and must have 2 threaded holes on top to fasten said part to bracket shown.

please help when you can.
    With thanks
    T.Novo
    Also can someone clear up the procedure to do once I have connected the abs unit? I found somewhere online that I must have a 90's vintage/hard to find diagnostic device that allows me to "Cycle" the valves inside the abs unit? Is this true? I cant just connect the Abs unit, ad pentosin to system and try to bleed it some other way? Please advise.
    WIth thanks,
    T.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    http://realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpart...diagId=34_0498
    Item #1
    Have a few of them if you need one.
    91 850 (Panzer), 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (WifeMobile) www.wuffer.ca

My Cars
    91 850i 165,000mi

Picture of part on '91 850i

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i 6-Speed
    Yes that is it! Thank you guys! I just could not tell because #1 i dont have one and the pic I found did not give me a front on look at one. How much do you want for one Wuffer? let me know. My zip is 79930 to figure out shipping cost more or less.
    With thanks,
    T.Novo

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    Contact me offline at: wuffer at shaw dot ca
    91 850 (Panzer), 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (WifeMobile) www.wuffer.ca