Page 5 of 670 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105505 ... LastLast

Thread: "What did you do to your E39 today V2.0."

My Cars
    E39 540I
    Quote Originally Posted by extra View Post
    I'd just consult volkswagen. Pretty knowledgeable with problems such as this.
    Gold

Changed my drivers interior door handle for the real deal BMW made part, $140 thanks very much for playing.

Better than lowing window to open the door however :P

E39540v8

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    This wasn't today, but yesterday. The BMW CCA Wasatch Chapter went on a canyon cruise!

2001 BMW 540i 6-spd
    Long posts ftw!

My Cars
    1994 E34 530i
    Changed out headlight adjusters with Uro brand parts, a great deal compared to OEM prices! Thought it would be hard, it was easy, the hardest part is to remove the old adjusters, because that plastic becomes very fragile and crumbles instead of anything else.

File-Oct-06,-10-13-57-AM.jpg

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Put my freshly painted Style 95s on. They are painted Pepper Gray Metallic (aka "Eleanor" gray from Gone in 60 Seconds).

The car really needs a bath, but that will happen soon.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Dang Paul. I never ever liked 95's on an e39 until now. It looks tough AF and like a custom e38. Very nice and pepper grey metallic "Eleanor" is a new color to learn about thanks for sharing that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------Like the late Bill Paxton says repeatedly in Twister "I'm Not Back"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8e39 View Post
    Dang Paul. I never ever liked 95's on an e39 until now. It looks tough AF and like a custom e38. Very nice and pepper grey metallic "Eleanor" is a new color to learn about thanks for sharing that.
    Thanks! He put 4 coats of clear on them too, so they should be tough and boy are they shiny!

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    Thanks! He put 4 coats of clear on them too, so they should be tough and boy are they shiny!
    wax those babies up and then put some rain x on them. They will stay clean way longer and when they get dirty you can literally just hose them off. Reapply rain x ever 90 days or so. Only can be done on clear. That's awesome they have so much clear on them. Too bad there's no such thing as curb x tho so fingas crossed ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------Like the late Bill Paxton says repeatedly in Twister "I'm Not Back"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8e39 View Post
    wax those babies up and then put some rain x on them. They will stay clean way longer and when they get dirty you can literally just hose them off. Reapply rain x ever 90 days or so. Only can be done on clear. That's awesome they have so much clear on them. Too bad there's no such thing as curb x tho so fingas crossed ;-)
    Will be using this:

http://www.ammonyc.com/shop/gelee-wheel-protectant/

I use a bunch of their products and they're amazing. He just came out with this stuff and it is tough enough to withstand repeated track outings, so should be good.

-Paul

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Got my yearly inspection sticker today. Funny they didn't plug into the OBDII port like they always do.
    For the first time ever he pulled out the tint meter and registered a 25%, 35% is the limit here, he still passed me.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540i
    Blackknight, the wheels give your car that Mazarati Quatroprte look of menace. Total hitman car!

Jim your pic sent me back to the basement to sand my reps some more. The 66s look great with Titanium Silver. More sanding, more stripping, then more sanding, and after that maybe some more sanding. Keep those pics coming bud. I'm gonna need them.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedsniper View Post
    Blackknight, the wheels give your car that Mazarati Quatroprte look of menace. Total hitman car!
    Thanks! Still a but darker than I was hoping for, but I'll get used to it. At least they are shiny. The last time I rattle-canned them and they were so dull and didn't look near as good.

-Paul

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Got my yearly inspection sticker today. Funny they didn't plug into the OBDII port like they always do.
    For the first time ever he pulled out the tint meter and registered a 25%, 35% is the limit here, he still passed me.

What? No OBD2 check. Are you just lucky or did something change in Mass? Age of car?

Anywho, sliding on through is always nice.

That is a great pic of your car!
    Last edited by philly98540; 10-06-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    Ruckus.
    Ordered new wheels from Narvin. What a great guy. Been texting him all day. That's how business should be done. Venmo'd him the money, wheels were boxed and ready to be shipped within 3 hours lol.

My Cars
    540i6 S2M5 M2C 135 S52ti
    Hosed off a weekends worth of dirt off of newly polished and waxed paint and newly installed M5 rear trunk lip spoiler checked my online orders from Amazon.de for my new HJS high flow catalytic converters from Deutschland

And reset a P0420 code

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

Not surprised about the window tint. Numerous times we don't even check the tint because they pass all the time. Even by just looking at it we can tell it's clear enough. There's no doubt so many shops or inspectors actually don't even bother to check 'em and simply hit the letter P to pass the inspection. There are times when I couldn't find the little equipment as it was always misplaced here and there. And, if I do find it, it's already missing the batteries. There were, however, few occasions where I did suspect the tint and had to clarify with the equipment to find having a number like 25% and I fail them. Pretty sure our limit here is also 35%.

Interesting about the OBDII thing. Are you sure they didn't plug it in? Were you by any chance in a non-emission county that doesn't require emission inspection but only safety?

My Cars
    540i6 S2M5 M2C 135 S52ti
    Always nice... And that picture is great looks like it was taken out in another country... Where was it taken?

My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedsniper View Post

Jim your pic sent me back to the basement to sand my reps some more. The 66s look great with Titanium Silver. More sanding, more stripping, then more sanding, and after that maybe some more sanding. Keep those pics coming bud. I'm gonna need them.
    Thanks crosseyed. I really like them, very easy to keep clean.

Philly, thanks. Don't know maybe it's the age. It would have passed anyways, no CEL this month!
    They have always plugged in and never checked the tint.

auaq, I was standing right next to the drivers door never pulled the cable out of the computer stand.
    Usually they stick it in thru the pass window and I plug it in.
    You'd flunk me? #%$*#$^@#...not gonna move to NC.

Angeleye, I took the pic at the BMW Concours at the Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation in Brookline, MA.

Going to a new autobody adult education class tonight. The other school autobody shop class is going down hill fast. No room to work, very limited supplies, to many people (11), some can't get their cars in.
    New place has 3x the floor space, 3 paint booths, and only 6 of us peeks going.
    Need to fix a few dings on the used rear M5 bumper I put on 2 months ago.
    Last edited by JimLev; 10-07-2015 at 03:10 PM.

My Cars
    01 750il, E38/9 Parts
    Thanks crosseyed. I really like them, very easy to keep clean.

Philly, thanks. Don't know maybe it's the age. It would have passed anyways, no CEL this month!
    They have always plugged in and never checked the tint.

auaq, I was standing right next to the drivers door never pulled the cable out of the computer stand.
    Usually they stick it in thru the pass window and I plug it in.
    You'd flunk me? #%$*#$^@#...not gonna move to NC.

Angeleye, I took the pic at the BMW Concours at the Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation in Brookline, MA.

Going to a new autobody adult education class tonight. The other school autobody shop class is going down hill fast. No room to work, very limited supplies, to many people (11), some can't get their cars in.
    New place has 3x the floor space, 3 paint booths, and only 6 of us peeks going.
    Need to fix a few dings on the used rear M5 bumper I put on 2 months ago.
    Your car is so clean!
    --- 750il Maintenance/Restoration Thread --- E38/9 Parts Cars --- YouTube Channel ---

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Fail you, Jim? Why, yes! That would be an honor for me.

My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Fail you, Jim? Why, yes! That would be an honor for me.
    Ha, I'd have to become a movie maker......first film would be....i6 gone in 60 sec.
    Just messing with ya.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Ha, I'd have to become a movie maker......first film would be....i6 gone in 60 sec.
    Just messing with ya.

My Cars
    1997 840ci
    Jim,

I couldn't help it:

Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2001 530i 5spd/2001 M5
    Mounted some new shoes.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Just finished running all the wires for my soon to be installed NBT retrofit. I have a non-nav car, so it will be a bit more complicated as I have to create my own harness in the trunk area for it and splice all the wires directly to the amp. This will be my 3rd NBT install.
    Last edited by blackknight530i; 10-07-2015 at 10:09 PM.

-Paul

My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Jim,

I couldn't help it:

Dan, that looks really good, I like it.
    I've never had a sig pic on this forum, this might be it.
    I like how you took the color out but kept my powder coated caliper auaq blue, actually anodized blue.
    Last edited by JimLev; 10-07-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Page 5 of 670 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105505 ... LastLast