Page 3 of 670 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103503 ... LastLast

Thread: "What did you do to your E39 today V2.0."

My Cars
    02 bmw 540
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post

The nozzles are articulating balls with a pee hole. Stick a pin into the hole and adjust it to the direction you want it to squirt.... You didn't know that??? I thought this was general knowledge.
    Awwww, I see kinda like us guys do it. Thanks for that info BimmrMeUpSnotty.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyf540 View Post
    Awwww, I see kinda like us guys do it. Thanks for that info BimmrMeUpSnotty.
    Yer welcome Manolo. I used to aim one of the nozzles up, up and over to those damn tailgaters, works great!
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    Attempted to change out the infineon mosfet chip thing on my LCM. Went fine until I broke a terminal or two. One bend too many I guess.

Oh well, time to order the part againnnnnnn.

With the old chip removed though (RHS high beam), my park lights don't flicker any more at least.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Had tint installed last night. 38% so I'm legal. But I also ordered a set of the sunshades from the UK for across the rear (two for each door, and the rear window unit). So once those are in, the rear section should be a complete backout, but still be inspection legal. :-)

Need to get some parts on order next - steering rack leaks into the boots. So the question becomes, since I'll be "in there anyway" to replace the rack, is it time for the Eibach sway bars?

My Cars
    1998 528i; 2000 540i;
    540i: Changed transmission fluid and filter and then flushed (low pressure) the old ATF out via the hose at the ATF heat exchanger

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    Quote Originally Posted by dadboughtabmw View Post
    Had tint installed last night. 38% so I'm legal. But I also ordered a set of the sunshades from the UK for across the rear (two for each door, and the rear window unit). So once those are in, the rear section should be a complete backout, but still be inspection legal. :-)

Need to get some parts on order next - steering rack leaks into the boots. So the question becomes, since I'll be "in there anyway" to replace the rack, is it time for the Eibach sway bars?
    Shades would be nice, but the cost must be pretty significant.

Today I did a clean and polished the headlights.

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Cleaned it up this afternoon for the high HP meet up tomorrow.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540i
    Cut my rattling brake dust shield off. Then I started working on my style 66 reps. I've got a combination of primer and paint that should yeild a stainless steel effect. No rash on them at all so I won't need to fill anything.

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedsniper View Post
    Cut my rattling brake dust shield off. Then I started working on my style 66 reps. I've got a combination of primer and paint that should yeild a stainless steel effect. No rash on them at all so I won't need to fill anything.
    Awesome. Just make sure you use self etching primer and a heat resistant clear! I used the VHT stuff and it worked well. On page 14 of this thread you'll see how it worked for me!
    Good luck!

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...pedal+realized
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------Like the late Bill Paxton says repeatedly in Twister "I'm Not Back"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Clear lenses on facelift auto level xenons + clear lenses on oem foglights = very good light output for OE setup! The 540 and silver M5 had older lenses, and didn't put out nearly as much light. The 540 had silverstar ultra bulbs too.
    No filters In this photo and it's taken in a lit parking lot with an iPhone.

And a pic of headlights themselves
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------Like the late Bill Paxton says repeatedly in Twister "I'm Not Back"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540i
    Thanks for the link. Wheels look way better by the way.

My Cars
    01 e39 525i,02 e53 4.6is

"What did you do to your E39 today V2.0."

Wash and Wax it...

Also picked this from a wrecked 540i, already installed but no pic from engine bay( dirty dirty)

01 E39 525i - 172850km
    02 E53 4.6is - 148000km
    03 E46 M3 - 42853 Miles
    09 Pajero - 149000km( the traveller)

My Cars
    E39 540 6MT; 94 KA8 6MT
    one side is done

1997 540i/6spd *new project* : 2002 525i/5spd *parts car*
    1994 Acura Legend coupe 6spd *the baby* : 2009 Scion XB *dd beast*

My Cars
    2008 E90 335i
    Rewrapped the interior trim black from carbon fiber. New spark plugs coming. New ccv soon, since I'm burning oil. New window regulator after the one I bought 7 months ago failed.
    E90 335i
    On3 Performance top mount single turbo kit, Precision 6466 Turbo, ECS Tuning charge pipe, 7in FMIC, JB4 w/ MHD backend flash, Stage 3 fuel pump, Port injection, E85, some wheels that came w the car but are thick

E39 540i (SOLD)
    6 spd swap, "Almost Nardo" Vinyl Wrap, JB Racing LTW flywheel, M5 clutch & control, BC
    Racing
    coilovers, cat back straight pipe, E60 SSK, ZHP shift knob, hard wired aux, Style 32 17", BFG G-force Sport Comp-2 tires, shadow-line trim, reenforced differential bushing, ATE Type 200, Hawk HP Plus pads, intake res delete, 10W40 M1, trans fill 50/50 Redline MT-90 & 75w90NS, solid shifter carrier bushing, pixel fix, red needles

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by AusE39er View Post
    Shades would be nice, but the cost must be pretty significant.

They weren't cheap AusE39er, but they appear to be well made. I ordered two sets to save on shipping, but they are made to order, so it'll be a few weeks until they arrive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8e39 View Post
    Clear lenses on facelift auto level xenons + clear lenses on oem foglights = very good light output for OE setup!
    1gr8e39, are those stock replacement headlight covers, or aftermarket? Where did you get them? It'd be nice to get mine clearer than they are, and I REALLY like the look of e39's with the crystal clear lenses!

Thanks.

--MIKE--

My Cars
    2003 BMW 525iA
    Started looking into options to fix my peeling clear coat. It's getting bad.

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    These are stock replacement euro hella lenses

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)

My Cars
    E39 540 6MT; 94 KA8 6MT
    Succesfully recoded my lcm to be happy with my hids

1997 540i/6spd *new project* : 2002 525i/5spd *parts car*
    1994 Acura Legend coupe 6spd *the baby* : 2009 Scion XB *dd beast*

My Cars
    03 540iT M-Sport Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by dadboughtabmw View Post
    They weren't cheap AusE39er, but they appear to be well made. I ordered two sets to save on shipping, but they are made to order, so it'll be a few weeks until they arrive.
    --MIKE--
    It would be great if "made to order" meant "custom made" instead of just "not made until you order them". The ready-made shades for the sedan rear doors are in two pieces and work quite well:

but for the touring they are one piece, which presents a couple of problems that have been discussed previously:

If custom-made, two-piece shades were available for the touring rear doors, I'd order them right away.

The ready-mades were available from a US address on the Bay for a while, but I don't see them today.

Regards,
    2014 i3 BEV, 2016 X5 xDrive40e
    Myrtle Beach SC

My Cars
    2003 530iA (SOLD)
    The Nigel Marsten rear shades are the best. I love mine.

2003 DINAN 5 | M54B30 | Titanium Gray Metallic | Stage 3 Engine Software | High Flow Throttle Body | Cold Air Intake | Free Flow Exhaust | Performance Automatic Transmission Software | Front Strut Brace | OE 18x9 BBS RS745 Style 42 on 265/35-18 MY BUILD THREAD: [Click]

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by tinius View Post
    It would be great if "made to order" meant "custom made" instead of just "not made until you order them". The ready-made shades for the sedan rear doors are in two pieces and work quite well:

but for the touring they are one piece, which presents a couple of problems that have been discussed previously:

If custom-made, two-piece shades were available for the touring rear doors, I'd order them right away.

The ready-mades were available from a US address on the Bay for a while, but I don't see them today.

Regards,

NOT a fan of that one piece look, thankfully I have a saloon, and not the touring! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Aryana View Post
    The Nigel Marsten rear shades are the best. I love mine.

I ordered them from Nigel. Great guy to work with thus far! Glad that you like them, and looking forward to them arriving.
    And that's a great looking 5, Aryana!

My Cars
    02 530i
    Today I pulled the intake mani to replace the heater inlet pipe,replaced the intake manifold gasket, and put in fresh coolant. Also installed my new used shift knob I picked up with the whole assembly for $520150926_170818.jpg

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    Took 2000 M5 for a nice long twisty 60 mph mountain drive (60 indicated ;-) I am surprised at the cars ability to rotate and how supple the suspension can be. I think the M5 setup is softer than M Sports 1 and M Sports 2 suspension. It's impressive how such a soft setup can feel so planted, intuitive, and be so predictable at high speeds. I did figure that the car likes to come into corners high and drop the nose in close and on power let the rear rotate around the nose and power out. These cars in stock spec don't like to counter rotate (change direction) in corner or trail brake either. The soft suspension does favor elevation changes, and if the tail comes too far out the slow rotation is always manageable. I have never spent so much time in an e39 M5. I am really impressed. It's such a good car in stock specification cause it's so soft for DD use and then is plenty of fun to thrash on. The e60 M felt a ton lighter because of the dynamic sway bars and additional 100 hp, but it wasn't nearly as good as a car to DD and enjoy off the track. My favorite gears with the S62 are 3rd and 4th. They pull long and fast and the Dinan exhaust is a very gentleman deep bellowy setup. This car is way more fun on highway than anywhere. Had to say something here because it hit the passion nerve and made me effervescent.

Chad

My Cars
    //M5s, 4.8iS , Z32TT
    Lip installed

2000 Dinan S1 //M5 (my DD) --------------- 06 DINAN E53 4.8iS (wife's) -------------- 90 Straman Z32TT (my pride & joy)

Gone, but not forgotten: 01 E39 M5, 01 E53 3.0i, 01 525i Sport, 03 DINAN 540i MSport and 91 Z32 TwinTurbo

Page 3 of 670 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103503 ... LastLast