Thread: Window wont go up?

Window wont go up?

I just replaced a rear window regulator and I reset the window successfully. The window goes down and the auto down feature works but when the window is fully down and I try to move the window up or auto close it the glass will move up maybe a centimeter, barely out of the door at all before going back down as if the anti trap feature is kicking in. The only way I can close the window from fully down is if I click the switch very quickly just to move the glass ever so slightly and then hold the switch up to roll the window up the rest of the way. If I just fully hold the switch up from full rolled down the window budges up and drops back down. This also happens when auto closing the window from halfway or slightly open, it'll go all the way up then roll back down to about halfway. The only time it closes fully is if I manually hold the switch in the closing position when the window issue fully open, it'll roll up fully and won't reverse back down. I checked and rechecked the regulator and made sure the window was perfectly on track and it is. Everything is perfect but what can I do about the window stopping me from auto closing or trying to roll the window up from fully down?

My Cars
    328Ci, 335i, 330Cic
    what ever happened? my 2007 335i sedan just started this yesterday after 115,000miles.

My Cars
    335i E93 N54
    Quote Originally Posted by asiemers View Post
    I just replaced a rear window regulator and I reset the window successfully. The window goes down and the auto down feature works but when the window is fully down and I try to move the window up or auto close it the glass will move up maybe a centimeter, barely out of the door at all before going back down as if the anti trap feature is kicking in. The only way I can close the window from fully down is if I click the switch very quickly just to move the glass ever so slightly and then hold the switch up to roll the window up the rest of the way. If I just fully hold the switch up from full rolled down the window budges up and drops back down. This also happens when auto closing the window from halfway or slightly open, it'll go all the way up then roll back down to about halfway. The only time it closes fully is if I manually hold the switch in the closing position when the window issue fully open, it'll roll up fully and won't reverse back down. I checked and rechecked the regulator and made sure the window was perfectly on track and it is. Everything is perfect but what can I do about the window stopping me from auto closing or trying to roll the window up from fully down?

I believe you said you performed the reset. This is certainly essential for recalibrating. I've had this in some of my bimmers.
    It's interesting that it happens at any height when you select Auto Up, but not when doing it manually. This suggests/confirms it's not drag/resistance related.
    Focusing on Auto Up, I think it's calibration... but I may easily be overlooking something...

My Cars
    328Ci, 335i, 330Cic
    UPDATE if interested. I knew my battery was showing signs of age but i had received no prior battery warnings. After getting a chance to finally play around with it as suddenly agreed to go up. i tried both the driver control and the rear passenger door control with no luck. switch on, no engine;switch on engine running. door open, door closed. push switch down, pull switch up, pull up for 10- 15seconds. nothing seemed to work. finally i played with soem of the other windows which all seemed to be working fine and went back and tried and up she went. engine was not running and i got a battery condition notification. so my suspicion is somehow the pinch protection got confused with the battery condition. just dont understand why the engine running wouldn't have helped clear this up. oh well.